1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties.
    Dismiss Notice

The ACC Benchmark Thread

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by LeDude83, Nov 18, 2018.

1. f_deutsch

f_deutsch Simracer

Good results from the different RAM speeds.

Indeed, even some documentation states certain CPU handles some specific speeds (2400mhz, 2600mhz), it looks like speeds above the specs makes a difference on the results. I see a considerable difference from the 2400mhz my i3-8350k is suppose to use compared to the 3000mhz speed I currently have.

LeDude83 likes this.
  2. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Yep. I ordered new RAM with 2400 but after finding out those huge differences I ordered 8 more GB of the 3600 RAM I already have. It seems that you can run RAM speeds way above spec without any issues.

3. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

4. tbhockeyboy

tbhockeyboy Rookie

Do we expect framerates to improve at all as development continues? I keep turning my settings down to try to get a decent framerate, but it's still struggling, especially at night racing. I get fine frames in other games like PC2 or F12018. Obviously we're still in early access, im just wondering if performance is expected to improve noticeably? Otherwise I may need to look at new GPU :(

5. MakeMeLaugh

MakeMeLaugh Gamer

Unfortunately, so far in EA nothing changed. Maybe a miracle will happen when the game releases and it's gonna be optimized, but yea, performance is pretty bad at the moment, nothing you can do but wait, don't buy hardware because of one game that is not even close to optimized before it releases.

6. tbhockeyboy

tbhockeyboy Rookie

Thanks. I'm hoping they make significant progress here... I don't have the strongest PC out there, but it should be able to run reasonably smooth with an i5 / 970.

7. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I'm pretty sure that the FPS will improve. Kunos will want to target a wide user base including mid-range PCs and AMD GPUs. Should it remain so that you need the best HW available to get decent FPS, this will surely hurt their sales.

Furthermore, given that many of the graphics settings don't do anything right now, I'm pretty sure there's still a lot of work to do. I just found out that even textures between low and epic makes 0 FPS difference (and I couldn't spot visual difference, either). So right now, if you run medium settings everywhere, chances are high that without knowing you actually run high and epic settings everywhere.

My findings so far:

Foliage: all the same from low to epic
    PP: all the same from low to epic
    Mirror quality: the same from low to high
    Texture: all the same from low to epic

So you can imagine that when proper options for "high" will be added for foliage, PP and texture this should unleash quite a lot of FPS performance. Right now even if you set "low", you actually run "epic".

Feel free to check if what I write here is true - it's my findings from this benchmark.

tbhockeyboy likes this.