1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

The ACC CPU Benchmark Thread

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by Deatroy, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Slowheit

Slowheit Gamer

Fractured Life and Krassmus like this.
  2. Krassmus

Krassmus Gamer

I created a batch file, which runs a powershell script for acc since my average fps are higher without hyperthreading but the minimum fps are lower.
    Guess it's nice if windows can use the virtual threads...

So my powershell script puts acc to cpu thread 0,2,4,6 but acc needs to run first.

The easier solution would be process lasso as far as I know. Many use it... But the version that actually automatically does everything for you isn't for free iirc.

Here's my batch + script text. You should be able to modify it to put the game onto the first ccx.

Batch:
    run /D "C:\Users\Rasmus\Desktop\BatchStuff" ACC_Affinity.ps1

Powershell:
    $ACC = Get-Process AC2-Win64-Shipping; $ACC.ProcessorAffinity=1365

Now the tricky part is that "1365" is the number for the core combination. It's pretty weird how Windows does it... Using "decimal" instead of binary or hex...
    1356 = 10101010101, every second thread, virtually disabling HT for ACC.

This is explained in Slowheit's post! Your 3600 has 1 full ccx of 4 cores and 1 half ccx with core 5 and 6, right?

You need 5 threads assigned to ACC to get the maximum performance (see my benchmark results a few pages earlier).

So without smt, this would be all threads apart from the first?

Your binary then would be:
    => to decimal

3. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

@Krassmus or one could use the start command in a normal batch (.cmd) file

start /AFFINITY 0x3e "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Assetto Corsa Competizione\AC2\Binaries\Win64\AC2-Win64-Shipping.exe"

georgi iovchev likes this.
  4. Krassmus

Krassmus Gamer

That looks quite a bit simpler...
    When I wanted to do it I could only find the powershell way. Do you have any link where your solution is explained?
    I definitely tried to find something but just didn't...

Fractured Life likes this.
  5. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

Fractured Life and Krassmus like this.
  6. Krassmus

Krassmus Gamer

I feel so dumb right now...
    I didn't know that it might be possible that easily so searched and searched without just checking the list from microsoft..
    Although I wouldn't think about setting affinity via the start command.

Since we're at it and I'm already feeling stupid:
    Your command is starting ACC with the set affinity, correct?
    Mine is doing it on the fly, so was quite cool when benchmarking, setting different affinities and seeing the result in fps. But a few more clicks every time...

AndyK70 likes this.
  7. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

correct

Right, for testing different affinities on the fly your solution is better.

PS:
    Another advantage of your solution: It works always, regardless if ACC is started in Pancake mode or Steam-VR or Oculus.
    My command line would have to be adapted quite horrendously to get it to work for VR users... if it would work at all.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2021
  8. Fractured Life

Fractured Life Simracer

This is pretty promising. I can obviously run faster clocks with SMT off but there are be bigger frame time spikes when someone joins server online, or when Windows randomly kicks off some stupid process in the background.

Cores are split into two 4's per CCX on 8 core CCD (I think that's how they name them), one disabled on each CCX so either way the game is probably going to be running across both - the main game threads were both on CCX0 based on usage and that has the weakest cores based on Prime95 power usage and worker fails.
    So further research suggested the game basically wants 4 or 5 threads so I was trying 6 cores at 4.5+
    When threads on physical cores 0-2 need data from cache on cores 3-5 you have a latency hit as it has to go through the IO die. So that led to overclocking the RAM where AIDA says I'm in the 64/65ns range depending on what clock speed I am at, and that alone solved big frame time jumps somewhat and also boosted fps on big grids or when I have tried running max AI.

Getting GPU right was much simpler lol

9. Gobrel

Gobrel Gamer

I have run some benchmarks with my Ryzen 2600 and the Ryzen 3600X. Here are the results:

Ryzen 2600 (default) results:

CPU Test FullHD
    2021-02-10 11:55:14 - AC2-Win64-Shipping
    Frames: 5524 - Time: 60000ms - Avg: 92.067 - Min: 84 - Max: 107

CPU Test 720p:
    2021-02-10 11:57:53 - AC2-Win64-Shipping
    Frames: 5639 - Time: 60000ms - Avg: 93.983 - Min: 84 - Max: 110

Ryzen 3600X (default) results:

CPU Test FullHD:
    2021-02-10 13:29:34 - AC2-Win64-Shipping
    Frames: 6599 - Time: 60000ms - Avg: 109.983 - Min: 97 - Max: 135

CPU Test 720p:
    2021-02-10 13:33:03 - AC2-Win64-Shipping
    Frames: 6821 - Time: 60000ms - Avg: 113.683 - Min: 99 - Max: 139

Specs of the System:
    Radeon RX 5500XT 8GB PowerColor
    16GB Ram (2x8GB) 3200 CL16-18-18
    Gigabyte Aorus B450i Pro Wifi

10. Nico1979

Nico1979 Racer

with a 9700k @4.9 I am not able to max out a RTX 3080 when I am driving with more than 20 AIs. Pretty heavy load for the CPU...

So people with a high end GPU whil maybe more benefit from future CPU optimizations than from technologies like DLSS. At least when racing with a large grid...

Dewald Nel likes this.
  11. ahojekk

ahojekk Rookie

Has anyone upgraded from a Ryzen 3600 to a Ryzen 5600? Wonder how much impact that could have in 1440p on ACC, with a GPU class like 6700XT/2080/3060Ti.

Found some comparisons on YT but those are always made with a 3080 or 6800XT so its like a scenario in which the 3600 might have been the bottleneck factor, and obviously in other games, no tests for ACC. Wondering if its worth to upgrade.

12. Ryzen 2600 to Ryzen 5600x, GPU - RTX2070super.
    Naturally it got better, but before that it was not bad at 3440x1440, at settings above average. Now you can tweak the graphics settings a little more.)
    I changed the processor - more for VR. And here everything is not very happy.

13. go.neil

go.neil Gamer

Hardware Unboxed just included ACC in his benchmarks. I just want to ask if anyone is aware of how benchmarks are made? There's no in-game benchmark afaik. Because I would also like to bench my PC before I sell it and bench again the new one.

Attached Files:

chksix likes this.
  14. go.neil

go.neil Gamer

Dumb me, was on OP. Cheers!

15. sizziano

sizziano Gamer

After some preliminary testing my FPS increased by roughly 40% from a 5900X with a 5800X3D and 3080Ti using DLSS and 3440x1440. Very impressive.

Torr Wheeler and AndyK70 like this.
  16. I also did the switch from 5900x to 5800x3d. Below are some graphs I made to see analytical presentation of the improvement.

This is quick race Monza at 15:00, clear weather, 20C.
    28 AI cars (100skill/100aggr), I am starting 29th and drive with the pack without overtaking.

red is 5800x3d, green is 5900x

upload_2022-6-26_15-39-6.png

Gpu is 3080 ti. Resolution is 5120x1440 131hz gsync, frame rate limited from game to 127.
    Triple screen option enabled, Epic gfx preset without dlss or fsr, with only following changes:
    Shadows: high
    Contact Shadows: enabled
    Post-Processing: low
    Mirror Quality: mid
    Mirror View Distance: 100m
    Bloom Quality: high
    Volumetric Fog: disabled
    Adv Sharpen Filter: disabled
    Sharpness: 90, Image Contrast: 0.45

As you can see with 5900x I was able to get about 124 average, but with dips to 114. With 5800x3d I have 127fps flat line, and if I remove the ingame fps limit I believe it will go higher.

Notice also the cpu power - i have better results now at about 70W vs before at 120W.
    The only downside is that 5800x3d runs hotter than 5900x (not shown on the graphs, but its 5-8 degrees hotter).

In multiplayer I have not recorded data to analyze, but I believe that it's the same situation. Before with 5900x I had some strange dips in the framerate, now with 5800x3d - I only drove a few races, but it was always flatline.

17. And one more quick test with 5900x3d. Same as above scenario, but without fps limit.
    I removed the ingame fps limit. Switched monitor to 240hz mode (Samsung G9 looks like s**t in this mode unfortunately).
    The result fps are: min 134, avg 152, max 169 and gpu always at 99% load.
    So this cpu is very very capable :)

18. Torr Wheeler

Torr Wheeler Rookie

Is my math correct in thinking that I'd expect to see a hit of 25% on these fps results if it was on triple 2560x1440's with the same hardware and circumstances ect?

Have a 3080ti & ryzen 5 3600 (soon 5800x3d) & a single 2560x1440, but want to go triples just was fairly unsure of what to expect or purchase monitor resolution wise until I seen your post.
    Thanks!

19. I cannot tell, may be with real triples 2560x1440 gpu will be the limiting factor. I would expect you to have about 100fps with my gfx settings. It depend on settings and other factors too.
    I have a friend with such triples on rtx 3080 and 5600x. And currently with somewhat lower than my settings if I remeber correct he has about 90fps.
    Soon he is going to test 5800x3d and will ask him for more details.

Torr Wheeler likes this.
  20. Just wanted to give a quick reply.

I have been competitively overclocking CPU/GPU's for decades (search for Icarus Daedalus on 3DMark). I have my AMD 5900X maxed out at 4.8GHz on all 12 cores, 1900MHz Infinity Fabric, RAM at 4,800MHz with 18,22,22,22 timings. The CPU, RAM, and motherboard can not be tweaked any more.

I just installed an AMD 5800X3D which for every metric other than the huge amount of L3 cache is a serious downgrade in CPU ability. I bought it locally and planned on just testing & returning within a day.

But for ACC... The 5800x3D's huge L3 cache is very very well used. I knew ACC was memory bandwidth limited, hence the extreme RAM overclocking. But being able to go from an 18 car grid with a locked 90FPS in VR with the 5900X to a 50 car grid with the 5800X3D and a locked 90FPS is dumbfounding! I am shocked!

The 5900X3D can handle a 50 car grid through sunset with every ACC setting maxed!

This CPU opens the ability of a 24hr of Spa or Suzuka with a 50 car grid of 10 GT3, 10 GT4, 10 Porsche Cup, 10 Ferrari Challenge, and 10 BMW Cup all racing around the track together! The ability of managing traffic is going to be a much needed skill, like real life!

If the AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D isn't the perfect CPU for ACC; I don't know what is. For ACC it is a match made in heaven.