1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

The ACC CPU Benchmark Thread

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by Deatroy, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Deatroy

Deatroy Alien

I have tested the middle. Had higher FPS compared to last place. Yes mirrors are on low, so it could be different.
    720p is now wanted.
    No rain is sad, but need to be done due GPU Limit.

Gesendet von meinem EML-L29 mit Tapatalk

2. Daniel Costa

Daniel Costa Racer

More geometry draw calls = more cpu load. You tax the systems that depend on the CPU. Testing with AI is your call, but the results will be worth zero for online races.

That is your problem.

Anyways if you guys are only now learning this, be free to tests yourselves. At 720p, do a run with those settings on low and then on epic. Compare the average GPU usage vs CPU usage vs Framerate results. If the framerate drops and both the CPU and GPU % usage increases, If the GPU usage is still >90%, you are putting more load on CPU limits.

This is why those settings have massive impact on VR, they hit the CPU very hard.

Deatroy likes this.
  3. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Oh , the "you learning" argument appeared...

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

4. Daniel Costa

Daniel Costa Racer

Don't be insulted. I dont know everybody in this forum, so when someone thinks a subject is wrong when I know its correct, I assume they haven't learned it yet.

Anyway, do the testing. You always keep geometry settings on Ultra when testing for cpu bottleneck. Its was common sense when I did hardware reviews back in 2003 and its still common sense now on any competent hardware review website.

5. Deatroy

Deatroy Alien

I am open to change the CPU Test.
    Will check tomorrow when I am back on Laptop.

Gesendet von meinem EML-L29 mit Tapatalk

6. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Daniel, just smart words here again instead of facts and figures. If you make a claim, back it up or it's meaningless. References to prior HW reviewer careers are no backup.

7. Daniel Costa

Daniel Costa Racer

no time and just trying to help. Do it the way you want.

They are the same tests already done to improve VR performance on cpu bottlenecked systems.

8. Daniel Costa

Daniel Costa Racer

From Unity 3D engine documentation:

https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/OptimizingGraphicsPerformance.html

More info from Unity Tutorials sections

Why all of the above happens:

https://medium.com/@toncijukic/draw-calls-in-a-nutshell-597330a85381

From the horses mouth (nvidia)
    https://www.geforce.com/whats-new/guides/shadow-of-the-tomb-raider-graphics-and-performance-guide

https://superuser.com/questions/931892/which-graphical-settings-impact-cpu-usage

Example of gamersnexus watchgods2 performance optimization guide:
    https://www.gamersnexus.net/game-bench/2785-watch-dogs-2-cpu-settings-optimization-guide

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
    f_deutsch likes this.
  9. BrunUK

BrunUK Alien

Hardware comparison tests and software optimization tests are completely different things. You seem to be confusing and conflating the two.

Since this topic only had one set of specific settings we can assume it was intended as the former, and as the hardware being tested is the CPU, GPU use should be minimised.

10. Daniel Costa

Daniel Costa Racer

You benchmark a GPU by increasing GPU heavy settings (resolution etc). You benchmark a CPU by increasing CPU heavy settings (geometry, meshes etc).

The doubt some users had, was relative to some "graphics" settings actually affecting the CPU more than the GPU, like I explained previously and is easily confirmed if you have the time to see yourself.

11. Deatroy

Deatroy Alien

interesting to see.
    I am not denying it that i took the easiest way like most magazine are doing it with 720p CPU tests.
    Btw it would be cool to see how your 2700x performs then.

12. Jynnantonix

Jynnantonix Simracer

CPU: 4670k, OC'd to 4.2Ghz
    GPU: Vega 64
    Ram: 12GB

2018-12-11 17:53:18 - AC2-Win64-Shipping
    Frames: 4708 - Time: 60000ms - Avg: 78.467 - Min: 68 - Max: 90

LeDude83 likes this.
  13. luxxx797

luxxx797 Simracer

and yes, i saw lower use of CPU in afterburner graphics
    so lets test again!

After_Midnight, LeDude83 and Deatroy like this.
  14. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

@Deatroy here you go mate:

Version 0.4
    RX Vega 64
    i5 7600k @4.2 GHz

2018-12-12 21:18:29 - AC2-Win64-Shipping
    Frames: 5828 - Time: 60000ms - Avg: 97.133 - Min: 85 - Max: 109

Looks quite good for my CPU...it's not even running in OC mode.

The GFX settings have changed in 0.4 but I think by setting mirror to 20m, off I matched the previous "off".

This benchmark is very interesting. When will you post the new settings?

IMO you should stick with keeping gfx settings to a minimum. But I'd go for the full formation lap method where you just roll with the field fpr 60 seconds. The current method involves quite some individual driving that could distort the results.

15. Deatroy

Deatroy Alien

thanks.
    Actually we need probably 2 tests here.
    But yes, i do stick with low gfx in 720p for now.
    On the way of updating the first post.
    Full formation lap is good.

LeDude83 likes this.
  16. Deatroy

Deatroy Alien

Post updated.
    Looking for 720p CPU benchmarks.

2018-12-12 22:49:06 - AC2-Win64-Shipping
    Frames: 5063 - Time: 60000ms - Avg: 84.383 - Min: 72 - Max: 99

Still i think 6 cores doesnt get used so far.

17. luxxx797

luxxx797 Simracer

it would be better to run the test with fuel/tires consumption and brake temp enabled, i think, those requires cpu use. or not?

18. luxxx797

luxxx797 Simracer

updated test with setting as in OP

2018-12-12 20:59:44 - AC2-Win64-Shipping
    Frames: 5956 - Time: 60000ms - Avg: 99.267 - Min: 87 - Max: 116

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
    Deatroy likes this.
  19. MakeMeLaugh

MakeMeLaugh Simracer

There's probably something very wrong with my pc or with this game lol. Funny thing is that anything else that I play is fine(except for WoW). I'm almost reinstalling windows just to test this, but ugh the headache lol.

2018-12-13 02:01:55 - AC2-Win64-Shipping
    Frames: 3470 - Time: 60000ms - Avg: 57.833 - Min: 42 - Max: 74

FX8350 GTX1070 16GB ram

Deatroy likes this.
  20. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Yes, I remember there were some inconsistencies with your results that we could never clarify. Unless you can find some clear indication in afterburner or some other monitoring tool, system re-install unfortunately is one of those go-to solutions :-(

@luxxx797 I guess the fuel and wear calc are minor tasks compared to the GPU calls and AI physics processing.

@Deatroy I can't tell how many cores are being used, properly. I remember that my 4 cores are being used somehow moderately and one being used a lot, like 70 - 85 %.

Deatroy likes this.