1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties.
    Dismiss Notice

The ACC CPU Benchmark Thread

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Deatroy, Dec 7, 2018.

1. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Here's a new result with 0.4.2.

2019-01-10 14:37:08 - AC2-Win64-Shipping
    Frames: 6466 - Time: 60000ms - Avg: 107.767 - Min: 88 - Max: 140

Edit: Result was achieved with CPU in game boost mode @4.5 GHz and RAM @3600 MHz.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    Deatroy likes this.
  2. Deatroy

Deatroy Alien

In other topics they say 8GB Ram are getting used completely.
    2GB Windows and a few programs at background (steam, Fraps, Discord..) will use the rest.
    This could affect your performance as well.

Gesendet von meinem EML-L29 mit Tapatalk

3. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I think I know which comments you refer to and wish to add: those claims were never backed up with any numbers or figures. I actually checked the RAM usage in my Benchmark run in Afterburner and although I didn't take a screenshot, you can trust me that it was dead stuck at ~4500 MB.

It might just not be the correct value to look at - maybe the OS assigns a certain amount of RAM to the applications based on how much is available, in total. This could explain the FPS gains being reported after increasing RAM size.
    What has been proven is definitely how RAM speed affects FPS performance in CPU stress scenarios.

I see that with my latest results I beat 7th and 8th generation i7 CPUs. So it's pretty obvious that we don't only test CPU here but the peripherals, mainly RAM and possibly also mainboard. I think we won't be able to separate the CPU, really. We'd need to fix RAM speed but that's a bit of a stretch. The results are very valuable IMO - you don't need the fastest CPU for ACC. If you add mainboard and RAM to the table, it's pretty much a buying recommendation for ACC PCs.

Deatroy likes this.
  4. Deatroy

Deatroy Alien

Fully right.
    I should rename the Topic maybe due that fact.
    Also i start tuning my ram, to see how much boost i can get out of it.

Well it depends on how you want to play this game.
    For now in VR you need the 2 strongest hardware parts right now available to hold 90 FPS.
    But yea, good overview is possible to get.

5. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien