1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

The ACC GPU Benchmark Thread

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by LeDude83, Nov 23, 2018.

1. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Post 1 updated. Individual test runs in the table, the averaged result graph across all runs is this:

ACC_GPU_Benchmark_Graph_27-09-2019.png

The 2070 Supers and 2080s have come down by a 7 - 10 FPS. 2080 Ti remains very strong. @maxlew 's magical 160 FPS run could still not be added due to confusion about GFX settings. Please, strictly follow post 1 instructions - it's "choose epic preset" not "set all sliders to Epic". The Epic preset has some sliders below Epic and that's totally fine!

Anyways, in the graph, the 2080 Ti is too strong compared to the competition, and so is the 2060.

I can see 2 reasons:

1) we have too few different systems, still.
    2) The NVIDIA control panel settings make a big difference. @Dufloth ,@Martin_Top ,@Ole77 you have pretty strong runs - can you please share your NVIDIA control panel settings?

2. eRacer212

eRacer212 Racer

I installed my new flamboyant GTX 1070 SC... and I have now an average of 50 fps when playing ultra. It goes very smooth though, I wouldn't tell I was losing fps.
    The CPU is holding me. I reduced the number of AI cars and got some FPS back, mirrors down to mid etc. But yeah, the CPU is a big factor here.

Also, the game doesn't look great. It looks alright, but nothing crazy if you know what I mean. Even PC2 looks better. Perhaps this game is done to play in 4k and in 4k will always look good?

Anyways, I have to upgrade the cpu. Anyone else here is using LGA 1155? Is it worth to get a 3770k for this game?

3. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

ACC looks very good once you found your sweetspot between blur and aliasing. Obviously, a higher res monitor will naturally do that trick but you can achieve a similar result by running a screen percentage greater than 100 %. Dunno about your monitor - it's 4K but it's also large so the pixel density isn't that huge.

What does "playing ultra" mean? Setting all sliders in ACC to ultra is borderline stupid. There's an awful lot of stuff in there that eats FPS like a pig and doesn't give a significant GFX revenue. Examples:

- Foliage
    - Volumetric Fog
    - Mirror Resolution
    - Shadows
    - Effects
    - Materials quality

Setting those below "ultra" doesn't make ACC much less pretty but gives a huge FPS boost.

FTFX and eRacer212 like this.
  4. eRacer212

eRacer212 Racer

Thank you, I though that Volumetric Fog as important, and materials quality. I will reduce those.

5. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

For a screenshot or video clip to show-off it makes sense, I guess. But in the heat of the moment I couldn't make a difference with volumetric fog between the highest and the lowest setting. Even turning it off will not make you vomit due to the ugliness. AFAIK it makes very fancy effects when light hits dust/smoke/spray.
    And materials quality should be kept on "high" along with the effects" if you're looking for the nicest reflections and water-on-car effects. This is information from pankykapus. I don'thave the quote but I'm pretty sure about it.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2019
  6. maxlew

maxlew Gamer

My run after the mirror adjustment was 146 actually... not 160 if you take a look.
    Last one with what you suggest

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 27, 2019
    LeDude83 likes this.
  7. Atak_Kat

Atak_Kat Simracer

Can I ask a stupid question.... Is there an easy way I can 'save' all my current setting so I can easily restore them afterwards? Without writing everything down? At least the in-game settings?

8. eRacer212

eRacer212 Racer

Probably in the 'Documents> Assetto Corsa Competizione' folder

9. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

For a while now, ACC had GFX presets. So in the options menu, you just click on the arrow to the left and it will apply the preset "Epic". Now, you only have to set the resolution to 1920*1080 and hit apply. After the test run, you go back to the GFX menu and click the button to the right, back to your "custom" settings. Reset the resolution after that and you have the old settings back in less than 30 seconds.

But don't change to Epic preset and manually change individual entries - this will overwrite your costom setting!

Edit: and as a security backup, what @eRacer212 said should also work.

10. Dufloth

Dufloth Racer

Did not touch nvidia control panel, so everything should be at default values

LeDude83 likes this.
  11. Atak_Kat

Atak_Kat Simracer

2019-09-27 21:44:34 - AC2-Win64-Shipping
    Frames: 6241 - Time: 60000ms - Avg: 104.017 - Min: 73 - Max: 162

i7 8700K with idiot-proof method overclock through the mother board bios. Seems to be 4.6ghz i believe.
    1080ti stock
    32gb ram

LeDude83 likes this.
  12. Atak_Kat

Atak_Kat Simracer

Sorry.... it's 16GB ram...

LeDude83 likes this.
  13. Stains

Stains Simracer

Camera, take a photo ;)

14. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

K thanks. Maybe I should install the latest driver. AFAIK, Im running the version bla bla.15 right now. My GPU is surely not performing like it should - Maxlews 2080 Ti is a massive 40 % faster and that's not to be expected. My 2080 only being 9 % quicker than Ole's 2060 also doesn't make much sense.

Will delete ACC documents folder and run Steam integrity check, too.

Dufloth likes this.
  15. m_box97

m_box97 Simracer

In my experience if I switch to a preset when I go back to custom everything is like before

LeDude83 likes this.
  16. maxlew

maxlew Gamer

I saw a guy testing different amounts of ram with games. He found 16gb to be the sweet spot. With 8 the video card was running out of memory. Also my 2080 ti is on factory overclock and cpu 4200 all core water cooled.

17. m_box97

m_box97 Simracer

o_O The GPU should never use system memory, if it starts caching onto the RAM it means you have not enough VRAM. 16gb is enough for almost any game but this has nothing to do with video card memory

LeDude83 likes this.
  18. maxlew

maxlew Gamer

I never said the video card was using system memory. However there is a higher framerate with 16gb compared to 8gb. No difference between 16 and 32

19. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Could you link the source, please?

Here's my RAM investigation writeup for ACC:

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...act-of-ram-size-on-acc-fps-performance.54456/

Most important section:

20. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

Was that a single- or dual channel test?
    That can make easy 10% FPS difference with the same ram size. 8GB +8GB is faster than 1*16GB.

Just check single chamnel vs dual channel tests and videos all over the net.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2019