1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

The ACC GPU Benchmark Thread

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by LeDude83, Nov 23, 2018.

1. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Nah, it was dual channel. Running dual - if you can - is such a basic thing that I don't think it needs further investigation.

2. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

No, doesn'need investigation, but it should be mentioned how it was tested, don't see it in the sheet.

3. maxlew

maxlew Gamer

Also how much of that 8gb is actually left with system processes

4. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Don't know. I only know that on my system, something between 5 and 6 GB RAM usage was max in ACC. Firefox and some tools in the background were never an issue even with 8 GB.

5. Dufloth

Dufloth Racer

I had 16, just got 16 more and it made no difference in the avg FPS.

It did increase the 0.1% and 1% tough

And windows is booting faster lol

6. Steve Young

Steve Young Rookie

Please write down your CPU, GPU, RAM, and ACC version.

2019-09-29 22:57:10 - AC2-Win64-Shipping
    Frames: 6430 - Time: 60000ms - Avg: 107.167 - Min: 72 - Max: 115

2019-09-29 23:01:17 - AC2-Win64-Shipping
    Frames: 6175 - Time: 60000ms - Avg: 102.917 - Min: 90 - Max: 115

2019-09-29 23:05:03 - AC2-Win64-Shipping
    Frames: 6123 - Time: 60000ms - Avg: 102.050 - Min: 82 - Max: 113

cpu i5 4570, 16 ram, rtx 2060 6g, acc v1.0.10

LeDude83 likes this.
  7. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

An RTX 2060 beating 2080 and 1080Ti? Something isn't right...starting to wonder if the GFX settings preset works the same way for everyone...maybe some of the settings remain untouched when switching from custom to epic. @pankykapus

The recent results are way out pf proportion :-(

8. Stains

Stains Simracer

Where is the 2060 beating the 1080ti?
    My 1080ti was min 78, average 112,max 174 compared to 82,102,113!

Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
  9. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

His best run was 107. Compare this to post 411.

Even your 112 vs the 102 would be too small of a gap for those ECUs.
    Somebody should check if the Epic preset reliably sets all parameters to a fixed value or of some remain unchanged from the custom preset.

Edit: Here's a GPU performance overview by Gamestar:

GPU.png

https://www.gamestar.de/artikel/nvi...aytracing-fuer-die-massen,3339044,seite2.html

The relations between GPU models are nowhere to what we currently have in here. For example: 2080 Ti should only be 10 % quicker than a 2080 but in our test it's 20 %. RTX 2060 should be 20 % slower than a 1080 Ti but in our test it's equally fast (looking at post 411).

We also have strong deviations between identical models - Ole's 2060 made only 95 FPS etc.

Edit 2: APC900's 1080 Ti even only made 99 FPS AVG.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
  10. Stains

Stains Simracer

Anyone getting Ram and VRam usage like this ?
    Screenshot (92)_LI.jpg
    Doesn't boad well for 8GB cards or systems with only 8GB !

sps_for_race and LeDude83 like this.
  11. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Whoa...that doesn't seem right, at all. Especially the VRAM usage. I see that you run high res but still it seems excessive.

But seeing as APC900 has 11 GB VRAM and 32 GB system RAM and still a pretty poor result for a 1080 Ti (99 AVG) - it doesn't seem like a general thing.

In the past, I was between 4 and 5 GB VRAM usage and about the same RAM usage. But I will test this again. It would also explain the lack of smoothness that got introduced somewhere between 1.0.8 and 1.0.10.

There were several reports about VRAM issues but I don't know if any of them were properly understood and fixed.

12. eRacer212

eRacer212 Racer

I reply to myself (in a clear example of egocentrism):

Yes, the CPU is key. Someone offered me a 2700K for £60 and I took it. I changed the thermal paste of course, made the heart transplant and is now giving me 60 fps stable in any game, including the brand new Ghost Recon Breakpoint (Ultra settings) that comes out next friday. I'm also running Assassin's Creed Origins in Ultra. Very happy with this CPU (all this without overclocking card or CPU, blessing silence)

COOLING is another factor. When the side lid of my Alienware is open, with a small silent usb fan aiming to the interiors of the computer, I gain 3-5 fps. So I'm going to leave the lid open.

13. Steve Young

Steve Young Rookie

Sorry didn't notice the type of weather until I saw everybody checking Sizes :eek:) Everything is a competition...

14. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Ok, thanks for clarifying. Post 1 is quite clear so maybe practice reading more thoroughly :rolleyes:;) We didn't compare our d*cks either. If you re-read the posts after yours, it's mainly about finding the reason for the non-plausible test results. If we hadn't discussed, we would now have a "magic 2060" in our chart.

15. Steve Young

Steve Young Rookie

Its a Picture Nothing to read.. Get your mind out of the gutter... My computer is better than yours is that better :eek:) see you on the track

16. Stains

Stains Simracer

Well now we've gone there, i didnt really want to brag but ive been told that mine is rather ......maybe in PM we can share pics :cool:

Im joking of coarse :p:D

LeDude83 likes this.
  17. Dufloth

Dufloth Racer

Did a test here. Heavy rain vs clear sky gives no different results (nothing out of the usual 3fps avg scatter).

Cooling certainly is playing a huge factor here. I have my gpu fans custom spinning at 100% since 60 deg to guarantee no thermal throttling

Of course cpu is liquid cooled by a kraken :D

LeDude83 likes this.
  18. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Thank you. So the investigation is ongoing...will do some further tests later this week.
    My GPU keeps itself at 65 and I haven't seen any throtttling, yet. Could even push the clock to stable 1970 MHz.

19. McGraw

McGraw Racer

nice deal but there are plenty of games you’ll never see 60fps with that CPU

20. eRacer212

eRacer212 Racer

If I can play Ghost Recon Breakpoint without being optimized (comes out officially this friday) and I can play ACC at 60 fps, without overclocking card or CPU, maybe there are not many future games that I will see at 60 fps, but everything that has come out until now I probably will.

However, I see your point. Is the old socket 1155. I can't play 4k and I won't be able to run anything that comes out next year for sure. And that is true, but for me is all right, I don't need to play new exciting games in PC (I have the PS4 for that :D), to be honest I didn't even buy the PC, someone gave me the Alienware for free (lucky bastard:rolleyes:). I'm just improving it. I've got a GTX 1070 for £120 and this 2700k for 60. That is my investment. When I sell the remaining parts I will actually recover most of the money.

All I wanted is to run ACC comfortably. Now I just need to make it look good, at the moment it doesn't look that good. The driving is very nice, it has a very nice feeling, but even Project Cars 2 looks better than ACC. Someone said that there is a balance in the graphics to make the game look good, now I have to find that.