1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

The ACC GPU Benchmark Thread

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by LeDude83, Nov 23, 2018.

1. maxlew

maxlew Gamer

What happens to fps with other cars visible? I still have this cpu paired with an old gtx 780 I might give it a try. I haven't turned it on in 12 months.

2. eRacer212

eRacer212 Racer

I think the graphic card that the old gtx 780 can't handle this graphics properly. However, before the 1070 I was using a R9 290, very similar in performance to the old gtx 780, so perhaps can handle in medium. At the moment I'm racing against 20 cars and is fine. I know is possible to add more but I'm fine with 20 opponents-mobile chicanes.

3. jesker

jesker Gamer

it's possible to download and run the same replay as a benchmark?

4. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Pretty good idea. I'm going to think about it.

5. Serge M

Serge M Alien

I believe physics don’t run in replays so won’t be an accurate benchmark as far as performance during actual races goes

6. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

This is the GPU benchmark and it's expected that no CPU bottleneck during that 1 car run occurs. Taking all physics out of the equation by using a replay is actually a good thing in this case.

Whitestar, m_box97 and Serge M like this.
  7. Slowbloke

Slowbloke Simracer

6700K 2080TI 16GB v1.0.10

2019-10-02 16:30:55 - AC2-Win64-Shipping
    Frames: 3210 - Time: 23187ms - Avg: 138.440 - Min: 117 - Max: 183

Dufloth and LeDude83 like this.
  8. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Something went wrong - you should capture 60 seconds. You only captured 23.187 seconds.

9. Slowbloke

Slowbloke Simracer

Whoops.. will redo tomorrow

10. Dufloth

Dufloth Racer

Good thing that the avg of the 2080ti is converging to 138-140

Yesterday I did a run with 141-139 mean after the new drivers

More points into the scatter

LeDude83 likes this.
  11. Serubal

Serubal Gamer

2019-10-05 22:01:21 - AC2-Win64-Shipping
    Frames: 2400 - Time: 60000ms - Avg: 40.000 - Min: 27 - Max: 63

sissydriver likes this.
  12. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Gentlemen, here's a thing I only just found out but might be basic knowledge to others: it seems like my MSI Z390 Gaming Plus mainboard doesn't properly detect and auto-set the correct RAM timings. The mainboard automatically sets the CAS latency value to 15, no matter if XMP is enabled or not. Even when reverting to default (F6 button), the value remains at 15. But my RAM is specified with CL 17 and so it became very unstable, causing system freezes and crashes. Manually setting it to 17 fixed this issue and greatly improved system responsiveness.
    Logically I guess, it also seems to increase image smoothness in ACC. I did ~2h of online racing last night and temporarily deactivated OpenTrack (this causes some stutter during head movements) - the image was a lot smoother than before - no more micro stutter and "lag events" caused by server activity seemed to be significantly reduced...barely notable, anymore.

If this has effects on the GPU benchmark result I don't know, yet. I will try and report back.

I didn't expect this easter egg in the Bios. No clue why the mainboard properly detects the RAM (it even says "C17" in the full model name) but then sets wrong timings.

Atak_Kat likes this.
  13. rauf00

rauf00 Simracer

14. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Hey guys,

finally managed to test again with the fixed timings of my 8 GB set. The results are back to normal :) Without any GPU OC the AVG FPS had gone down to 99 and now I just did a test run that achieved 111.
    After that I changed my RAM because I bought 16 GB of slower clock RAM (3000 MHz instead of 3600) but with lower CAS (15 instead of 17). The benchmark result is an AVG FPS of 113.

So, problem with my PC was fixed and the results fit in well with the other models, again.

The GPU performance hasn't changed with 1.1. It wasn't to be expected, I guess - the new stuff like car LOD transition slider or "out of the world" optimizations will be notable only when driving against opponents, I guess.

15. Dufloth

Dufloth Racer

Strange...
    Didn’t they say in the log that they improved the performance with rain?

I’ll run a new test tomorrow anyway

16. Koly™

Koly™ Racer

will it have an optimisation for the sun condition, unlike all others games, sun condition is more GPU demanding......now for the highest framerate, we are forced to play with cloudy or rain....in all others game, the more GPU demanding is rain or cloudy....

Now with rain or cloudy, I have +15% performance

17. Serge M

Serge M Alien

The sun is what gives you shadows which along with reflections are the most power hungry things so natural it’s the most demanding.

18. Koly™

Koly™ Racer

funny, in rF2, project cars 2, Dirt rally 2, F1 2019, Raceroom, iRAcing, AMS, the sunny condition without cloud is the less GPU demanding....

19. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Would be interesting to know what they are doing? Maybe less dynamic shadows? Just guessing though but something has to give somewhere

20. Koly™

Koly™ Racer

i Think it's more interesting to know what ACC is not doing, cause all others games have a good logic : sunny without cloud is easier to render....