1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties.
    Dismiss Notice

ACC Blog The ACC Rating System - PART I - We want to help you improve

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Minolin, Sep 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. martcerv

martcerv Alien

With no more MR in AC I have zero interest in public mp in it, even if many didnt use it for their benefits many were able to. In ACC I am fairly confident it will be even better implemented and hopefully will give more incentive for people to run rated entry limited servers.

I will have zero interest in ACC public servers that have no ratings or stricter entry limits. For league or private servers this is no real concern, but I hope to be able to jump into any pickup server and get good clean racing in if ratings work as they should.

This will make me much more interested in public servers and for those that dont want to join such servers they should also never complain about poor racing in unrated servers as they chose to go there. ;)

I dont know how Kunos/minolin can really encourage more people to worry less about the actual rating they are then what benefits a better rating will give them. This should be enough incentive to race cleaner and fairer to give the option to join other like minded people in servers getting a good pickup server experiance whenever they want to race. :D

paulieGTR, Bienlo55 and mESCx like this.
  2. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Hardcore Simmer

So here is interesting situation :D
    I was using one setup 2 weeks ago and it got me to mid 55`s my CC was up to 72
    last week or so i started using new setup that got me to 54.2xx and my PB but my CC dropped to 59 while laping in that setup.

Setup drifts a bit where rear wants to escape a lot... but i am starting to be "consistent" with it. Doing 54 pretty often. low 55`s and i do couple of invalid laps here and there..still learning :D

Now call me crazy but i am also testing something out where after i start hotlap event...and start doing hotlaps in first 3-4 laps i am driving close to my PB`s and after that i dont see any major change in my driving style but time goes up and up.
    Then i restarted session and i did PB from first lap. I started restarting session a lot now(back to pits).

And my question is does that affect my CC? since i remember reading that ratings will prefer longer sessions rather than small ones?

3. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Isn't longer sessions about CN?!

4. mms

mms Alien

Yeah, I had that impression at one moment, however didn't spend more time to see if it's consistent. Wondering what might cause it, as conditions supposed to reset each lap...

5. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Hardcore Simmer

Yea each lap stats reset at least you can see it on HUD tires etc. but 20+ laps in hot lap i start loosing a lot of time while i still drive fast and almost no mistakes done on laps

6. mantasisg

mantasisg Racer

I think it is mostly about catching and keeping the rhythm, and your mental/physical endurance. Rather easy to feel it without fuel and tire wear/temps/pressures variables. You catch the rhythm and get in fine timing mode, and stay there till you get tired.

7. Josefhead

Josefhead Racer

I think that is "placebo" :) ... my time stays more or less the same.. or even goes down the more laps I drive (till some point where concentration becomes an issue) ... I think it is more a brain thing.. maybe it's concentration... some can better concentrate on a short distance.. others like longer distances to better sink into that zone... (I am one of the later ones.. I need 2-4 laps to get into the rythm.. and can then sink more and more into it.. getting more and more on pace... first concentration issues then appear at around 70 minutes or so... after that I can sink in again... till the 110 minute mark or so... after that it becomes a challenge.... but to be on pace at lap 1-3 is the most difficult part for me) ...
    or maybe it's a mindset thing... like when you realize you are not getting faster after 3-4 laps or so... something in the submind doesn't let you go faster .. which then spirals up ... and everytime you reset the car is like a reset for your brain.. like so next session now.. or a combination of both..

however longstory short... I think it's not a thing in the game but in the head...

8. mms

mms Alien

It might well be that, but it's strange because the pattern was that my lap times went consistently slower, and then I spun in one of the first corners, so instead of doing a full lap to get another clean I just restarted, and got instantly faster laps on the first few laps. If it was a concentration issue I could not explain why I could concentrate better just because I restarted...

Anyhow, it happened to me once or twice, so I dismissed it as pure coincidence, but seeing @D.Jankovic's post I decided to let him know he's not the only crazy person around here :D

D.Jankovic likes this.
  9. mantasisg

mantasisg Racer

I think it is not unusual practice to stop if something goes wrong, and then restart.

10. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

paulieGTR, D.Jankovic and Stefanoes like this.