1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties.
    Dismiss Notice

ACC Blog The ACC Rating System - PART II (Long version)

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Minolin, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

IRL a professional racing driver will at least learn the track layout, either by driving the track in a sim or at least by watching on-board footage of other drivers.

I'd say the TR rating has it's place.

But then again I'm talking to the person thinking it's ok to revenge wreck another racer who touched you in an accident after he lost control of his car briefly. :rolleyes:

R. Iván, Gunja, LeDude83 and 2 others like this.
  2. Diablo_rf

Diablo_rf Simracer

Looking on all this ratings and statistics we now have in ACC, I think would be really helpful to have some sort of telemetry after each session where you could watch every aspect of the rating and compare it with other drivers. To understand where you gain time and where you loose on a 2D track map with racing lines, acceleration, braking, etc.
    I remember back when I was racing in iracing there was an app allowing you to get all this information, and it helped me a lot to improve, when you can see the data on the actual track, for every corner...;)

3. It would be interesting and useful.

fear_scarecrow likes this.
  4. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Not my cup of tea. It's getting too "mini-gamey" for me. I just like what Minolin is doing. I want to know my ratings and get a good matchmaking. I don't need all the details laid out to study and analyze. I study and analyze stuff at work all the time - in ACC I mainly wanna race.

And regarding the gain/lose time situation - isn't that what the delta app is for? The ability to share ghost car data would allow you to compare to the fastest drivers.

5. Freddie Seng

Freddie Seng Hardcore Simmer

I second that!

6. Mein Bewertungssystem verändert sich nicht mehr!!! Könnt ihr mir helfen?

Mfg

7. I didn't understand what I should do in Hotlap. When Hotlap end? I think I'll never unlock anything after PC...

8. Deatroy

Deatroy Alien

Just wondering if the Rating can differ between Gamepad, Wheel, Mouse + Keyboard drivers?
    I got a new laptop and fired it up with Gamepad.
    This weekend I was attacking all special events without AI with T500 Wheel and made it to Place 1 on both Hotstints and Top5 in Hotlap.
    Anyway my CC Rating + CN Rating is lower compared to my PC + Wheel.
    Laptop CC83 CN 88 before long Hotstints
    PC CC 90-91 CN 91

After a 65min Hotstint the Rating goes slowly up, thats fine.

IMO gamepad driving influences the rating noticeable.

Gesendet von meinem HTC One mit Tapatalk

9. Big Bird

Big Bird Rookie

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, but are the ratings not working at the moment? I can’t seem to achieve the first goal of having a clean lap, under control etc. even though I have done so many times. I don’t have any other icons covering “Racecraft” at the top right of my screen like you guys do. And when I check my rating in the menu it doesn’t load when I first click on it, and then if I leave and click back on the rating I will get a value say 3234, and then if I leave again, and click rating, there will be a different value e.g 945 in the top left. It’s as if I’m loading up other people’s data each time I click rating.

10. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Hotlap is just drive laps as long as you like; the fastest (valid) one is the only important one. If you try to get PC rating, you need to use one of the Special Events (not Singleplayer->Hotlap), only those have the real leaderboards.

Thx for the numbers. Yes, I think we should use slightly different gamma values for those, but it's complicated.
    Especially gamepad is either very hard (in my opinion), or very easy with the auto-steer option. But at least keyboard needs work, atm it's even impossible to unlock track medals.

The time to finetune this will come for sure.

Can you post a screenshot of your rating widget towards the end of a lap please?

Yes, it hides things that aren't unlocked = nothing to care about yet.

It's not other peoples data, but just a new random value each time the page opens. The Total (TO) rating isn't yet ready and scheduled for the 4th release, and I'm sure I placed code to not randomize the number but make it appear as "--".
    Will check this out, thanks. I see that random numbers are confusing :D (but they are good to test and develop UI)

Freddie Seng, D.Jankovic and Deatroy like this.
  11. Big Bird

Big Bird Rookie

I've had it saying 4/1 clean laps, maybe more.

Attached Files:

12. Minolin

ok 100% clear issue, probably something is (constantly) wrong with your sessions on the backend servers. Let me investigate

13. Big Bird

Big Bird Rookie

Thank you.

14. Minolin

@Big Bird ok I can see what is happening, thanks for reporting.
    Need more investigation to understand how to reproduce this, but I should be able to fix it soon(tm).

15. Er Be

Er Be Rookie

Hi All. At 1.st i want to wish good luck to developers - Great job. ive got my pace rating is stuck on zero after 0,3 patch... before i did 2 special events PC goes over 50 and i unlock my safety rating then racecraft... i was very enjoyed by this functions but now i cant see some leaderboards in special events and my times are not recorded... can anybody help me?
    in event i can see my ratings RC 60 - SA 83 - PC 0 - CC 77 - CN 64 - TR 74... in driver profile/rating cant see SA and RC they looks like locked

Last edited: Nov 20, 2018
  16. Minolin

Working on it, please have patience. This morning I updated the backend servers to write detailed diagnostics for this certain problem - it should only be a matter of time until we can track down and solve the issue of leaderboards not updating / ratings not updating under conditions.

Dookie, M96, martcerv and 1 other person like this.
  17. Jack Bancroft

Jack Bancroft Simracer

Online yesterday I did ~13 laps with the CC hud up then crashed with a fatal error, got straight back into the same server and did another 10 or so laps with the lap count carrying on from where I crashed. This session hasn't appeared in my profile, is there anyway to make it count? I'm interested to see how it was rated.

Let me know if I need to attach any files.

18. Echo_29

Echo_29 Racer

Why is my TR - Track competence so low, its on 74, I have 9/9 medals on all 3 tracks, get all green laps one after another?

Also I did the Paul Ricard hot stint short, all laps low 54s, no cuts, but I'm not on the leaderboard

Attached Files:

• AC2.log
      File size:
      85.4 KB
      Views:
  19. Deatroy

Deatroy Alien

Because there arent all tracks available.
    Everyone has this limit for now.
    Second problem occurs not often.
    When I quit the game and reload the Special Event my times are uploaded.
    Often they are just delayed by minutes (5-15min)..

Gesendet von meinem HTC One mit Tapatalk

20. Echo_29

Echo_29 Racer

Ahh ok understood about TR :)
    I just loaded back into ACC but Im not on the list so it couldnt of saved, it was few hours ago so no idea why it doesnt update?