1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties.
    Dismiss Notice

ACC Blog The ACC Rating System - PART II (Long version)

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Minolin, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Deatroy

Deatroy Alien

Well then you are unlucky.
    Maybe the leaderboard was offline.
    Minolin knows more about it or can investigate for you :)

Gesendet von meinem HTC One mit Tapatalk

2. Akbalder

Akbalder Gamer

Does the leaderboard work? Since the release 3, I played 3-4 special events but I have only a leaderboard entry for one event (and the time isn't even my best).

3. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I don't think so mine hasn't updated the last day or so.

4. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

I think I just (finally) found the 2nd issue with the leaderboards, and also Track Medals and so on.
    Should work fine again now, let me know if it is not.

Edit: Need to clarify; the data is now properly sent, but I'm still investigating why the updates receive that slow, leading to invisible leaderboards and weird ingame results

Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
  5. flihp

flihp Gamer

My special event times have not updated either over the past few days,, on the Hotlap Paul Ricard, have been on 1:55.2 for the past few days even thought i did a 1.54.7 yesterday and also did it again some 10 minutes ago., I dont think many are setting any laps either, i have been rank 323 now 324 over the past 2 days as well and PC83, . what i am also seeing is that if i looked at the result from say the next event, it will at times show me the times from a different event., no biggie i know its EA :)

6. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I did do a fairly long hotlap session, my improved laps all seemed to update but were quite slow 5 to 10 minutes I think for most updates but the last day or so no improvements were updating so its a clear improvement.

7. Jack Bancroft

Jack Bancroft Simracer

Apologies if you've seen this but @Minolin, can anything be done about this?

8. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Hardcore Simmer

Anybody knows what exactly TOTAL on driver stats mean and is higher number better or lower?

9. Yes

10. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I think atm its the same as simulation value in AC. Bigger number must be more awesome :D but later the number will actually mean something more then a random placeholder. ;)

11. M96

M96 Racer

AFAIK higher better, but it is just a placeholder for now and a more complex overall rating will come

Inviato dal mio ONEPLUS A5010 utilizzando Tapatalk

Freddie Seng and D.Jankovic like this.
  12. Just to clarify. My answer was for the lol. Right now it's a placeholder. Everytime I load the driver profile it changes :p

Freddie Seng and D.Jankovic like this.
  13. Akbalder

Akbalder Gamer

I almost only played on special events and the rating has always been in "Racecraft" mode. I've not seen the track rating for Misano or Paul Ricard. :(
    Could the rating mode could be automatically selected in function of the type of event?
    Hot lap -> Track Comptetence / Car control
    Hot stint -> Consistensy
    Race -> Racecraft

The current Pace could be displayed next to the current event leaderboard.

14. Big Bird

Big Bird Rookie

You can change the rating on display in the HUD.

15. Akbalder

Akbalder Gamer

It doesn't change work in special events.

16. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Yes random. Actually I changed one appearance (on the white header) to "--" just before 0.3, so nobody would be confused.. But I forgot the other appearance in the list to the left :-/
    Well the TO rating was scheduled for 0.4, so expect this to be cleaned up soon.

It's correct, the rating focus will follow the most linear behaviour, which is simply display the highest unlocked rating.
    Yes I see this doesn't always make sense (aside from being consistent), and I'm thinking about an "adaptive" non-default setting where you e.g. would switch to PC in a leaderboard event.

17. Akbalder

Akbalder Gamer

The linear beahavior doesn't work well: I unlocked the first ratings very quickly but I still don't know how to drive.:eek:
    It's too bad to have this rating system and to not use it fully.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
  18. Cheshenok

Cheshenok Rookie

I confirm that Akbalder told, only RaceCraft on the screen. It would better to circle rating HUD. Now it looks like rating is broken on RaceCraft

19. RReed43

RReed43 Hardcore Simmer

I am happy to report that for the first time after today update I am able to see my drivers rating using my VR headset. Previously I was never able to see it in VR and had to start ACC in monitor mode to get my ratings. In addition the results immediately showed up when I set a new record on track. It encourages me to continue to improve my ratings on the various events.

I really like this approach to establishing a drivers credentials and look forward to it being completed. This is great work but I wouldn't expect anything else from Minolin considering his excellent work on AC. Having tools to make me a better driver is a really attractive feature.

jordanf1 likes this.
  20. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

My special event Hotlap #11 improvements don't register on the leaderboard.

It still shows my time from my 1st session:
    2018-12-12 14_30_45-AC2.jpg

And during a later session I had 3 laps that were faster than my time on the leaderboard.
    2018-12-12 14_30_32-AC2.jpg