1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties.
    Dismiss Notice

ACC Blog The ACC Rating System - PART II (Long version)

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Minolin, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Right I'm seeing errors indicating that a component wasn't properly updated during the process, at least the server has messages about the new track.
    Gimme a few seconds

Edit: Got it, backend servers are updated. You possibly need to restart / re-enter your session

M96 and Schnipp like this.
  2. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

OK, I've been driving a new session, but I guess that was before the fix.

I'll try again later as I have other things to do now.

3. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Didn't get to drive again yesterday, but today times updated fine. (one exception, it didn't update at some point, but I was tabbed out of the game while being in the pause menu for about 10-15 minutes; started a new hotlap session and all was fine again)

But one thing I would hope to be added:
    At least for Hotlap (maybe also other Special events) it would be nice to have the lap data saved for your leaderboard lap so we have a working delta time as a benchmark. (at least on the Special events conditions are always the same, so have a pre-loaded time shouldn't have any downside or maybe have an option to use it or not)

fabT likes this.
  4. This rating system isn't noob-friendly at all, spoiled the fun for me, it just became frustrating to give my best and still not being able to unlock anything after PC, in fact not even know how I got 36 points on PC rating, there is not enough information on what to do.

5. martcerv

martcerv Alien

PC rating is related to relative pace in the special events, if 50 is the unlock then possibly PC should not be needed to unlock the next 2 rating features. After all only 50% of the people will have a PC rating above 50 though people only need to get above 50 once to unlock the next rating. The guys that are in the bottom 50% pace may then never get to access the further ratings and for MP I think SA and RC are really going to be more important then PC rating for everyone. @Minolin

6. Is there any game mode where mistakes are allowed and I don't have to worry about the rating system? I thought the practice mode was like this, but I guess I was wrong since I have managed to complete some goals in this mode.

7. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I dont think you need to worry about making mistakes, everyone makes them, unless you want for example to play wreckfest with AI lol. Possibly in SP there will be an option to disable all ratings in the future though there should be enough incentives to keep it on.

This is just EA and stats will likely be reset for release. During this period devs likely want as much data as possible good or bad, to help tune the systems.

In general people shouldnt stress over any stats, its just raiting where your at now, this will help you see where you can improve. Also will give a better mp experiance with others similar to you.

It is always possible to improve your rating even if it drops down some.

8. This is my first time playing a sim. I don't have a steering wheel, pedals, shifters, vr or a good pc. Every race is a potential wreckfest for a noob like me, I can spin on the first turn, or on the second...Each point is a sacrifice to conquer and I don't want to lose them because I breathed in a way that doesn't please the rating system. Which in fact is what happened, I got 80 points in PC rating and then I started to lose these points by doing an event i had zero points, this doesn't encourage anyone to play. I want to improve, I want to become an alien, but for this I need a mode where I do not have the pressure of the rating system.

9. Minolin

Much of your pressure is unnecessary. I see the calls for having non-rated environments, but they tend to vanish with the time.

Your example of PC: Even if you don't drive (or turn of the rating), the same things would have happened. PC reflects your best leaderboard entry; you can only lose PC points when others improve while you do not (Competizione ;) ). The 0 is because of the new season, and is actually a bug - it should consider your last PC rating with a 20% penalty (so it's easy to improve by just joining the new ones).

TR can't go down at all, and CN+CC just reflect your personal, recent driving. Easy to bring up again, but they should actually help you by giving indications - nothing more. Nobody else will see them.

10. martcerv

martcerv Alien

When it comes to the events and PC rating currently you only get this by doing those first 4 events where that are linked to the online leader board, you shouldn't go to 0 in the same build but I think all major build updates reset everyone's PC rating to 0, as new events came up so once you run an event your back to 0. To keep a PC rating you actually have to play these events so its more of an incentive then the opposite IMHO.

You can run custom hotlaps and hotstints now that have no effect on your PC rating, only the special events effect this rating. Ideally the ratings are intended to help people see where they are at and how they can improve, especially more for those like you that are wanting to improve. Still the ratings are WIP and can reset or break at any point as is every other aspect of ACC. Looking through the UI it can be seen that future builds will give info showing people how they can improve, so ideally it will be something people of all levels will want to use rather then find reasons to want to turn it off.

Its great to have such discussion about this here so it will help @Minolin to see more peoples point of view and can help people like you get as good a user experience as possible. I'm sure he doesn't want people to be discouraged from playing because of fear of ratings.

fear_scarecrow likes this.
  11. Oberonone

Oberonone Gamer

Hi I have a few observations/questions about the rating system. Apologies if all these things are known and i'm flogging a dead horse.

I really like the rating system and I realise its all WIP.

The ratings CC and CN don't appear to be arranged in a proper chronological order. Most recent starting to the left would seem to be logical to me, at the moment it seems almost the other way around (no big deal), but then it seems to jump back (in time) halfway along the x axis. The last few bars to the right aren't selectable, is this something to do with servers updating info?

Y axis seems to be out of scale, assuming each horizontal marking is 20. I have some CN values that are similar in number, but the length and colour of bar seems to be at odds with the numbers, which, in my case, make my rating look worse than it is (not great at 74 so any visual cue to make it look better would be appreciated) If indeed I am reading it correctly.

Whenever I select and then mouse-over a bar in CN or CC, I get a pop-up saying 'Practice 2, 56 laps, 3 days ago' Every bar has the same tooltip.

I think my CC is too high :( I am at 94, though most I've achieved is 89 with most of my sessions being in the late 70 to early 80 range, so I should be around 78-80 CC (haven't done the maths), assuming an average of performance over time. My CC does seem to have got a lot better since 4.0. Maybe that has something to do with it.

Some CC ratings say overdrive 0... I'm assuming that's 100 because big red bar is big? However, in the same time frame (though at opposite sides of the graph) I have over drive of ~34. Which is obviously better, but I don't know why. Is it the car track/combo, or maybe the weather conditions, or even the session type -harder to maintain good cc/cn when racing as opposed to practice/hotlap I find. I'm guessing this is where the tooltip come in useful (once working) but I think it could be expanded on, click on a bar and the info pops up to the right, telling you session details etc.
    Also Y axis scaling seems to be wrong, least CC value is 61, but 'looks' worse.
    Why are some red bars more misaligned than others?

Attached some images, be gentle, i'm blaming the CN on game crashes ;)
    ACC CC.PNG ACC CC1.PNG acc rating.PNG

Kopiller likes this.
  12. CoproManiac

CoproManiac Racer

Someone showed me a PC rating increasing during a multiplayer session. I thought it is only possible to increase the PC rating by putting in good leaderboard rankings.
    Is this a bug or a fluke, or is it actually possible to increase PC rating during a multiplayer session?

13. Minolin

While other people drive against the leaderboard, your rank may change. In case you have a bad laptime scored [in your best LB], other drivers may place theirselves ahead and your rank = PC goes down.
    The opposite for very good times; more people joining the leaderboard, making your good laptime rank better.

14. RReed43

RReed43 Hardcore Simmer

Once the numbers are relatively large population statistics says your position should stay approximately the same in terms of ranking. If the early participants are relatively the same as later participants then there is no reason for the ranking to change.

I predict that those participating in the ACC EA program are sim racing enthusiasts and will be relatively better than the general population of sim racers and therefore post better times. It should be easier to post 50+ pace scores at that time.

15. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Question regarding special event leaderboard ranks - how does rank 18/404 result in a event PC of 77? All the other events calculate the percentage correctly.

[​IMG]

16. Minolin

Ah, you found one of my dirty tricks ;)
    The actual formula uses max(total, 500), which means until we have 500 drivers in a leaderboard it pretends that there are "500 - total drivers" in front of you.

Otherwise you'd see 100 PC when you are the first, or the faster of two and so on - not a good thing when we think of the unlocking system. So to protect it (also max ranks ever achieved are used in some calculations), we see this artificial brake until the leaderboard population is somehow representative.

Obivously we have a huge shift between leaderboard types - and order, so it's fair to think about increasing/reducing the 500 number accordingly. The plan would be beyond that number within the first 2 days, but we won't know until we see the driver numbers for 1.0 and beyond.

Edit for clarification:
    And yes, if you set the final WR time as first entry, your PC will raise from 0 to 100 while people are populating the leaderboard (500 entries = 100 PC) - without actually driving anymore

nfsw55, Epistolarius and D.Jankovic like this.
  17. DSK123

DSK123 Rookie

I’m stuck as a Bronze Driver but my total score is 9055. Anyone else have this issue? I figured I would be at least Silver.

18. p.g.49

p.g.49 Gamer

I have 9481 and still bronze..

19. DSK123

DSK123 Rookie

I could have sworn I read somewhere around 8000 was silver and around 9000 was gold.

20. Hello, I can't see session details anymore. Is it normal at this stage?
    Also Safety and Racecraft seems stuck.
    Thanks