1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

The Bastard AI

Discussion in 'Screens & Videos' started by dr.solveberg, Feb 15, 2014.

1. dr.solveberg

dr.solveberg Racer

Demonstrating the "bastardness" of the AI ;)

2. AosudiF1

AosudiF1 Gamer

Yeap... AI still does strange things. Most of them, quite annoying.

Hopefully Devs will come up with improvements soon. It is getting really old to play against the AI with some of the things they do.

3. Xreasonz

Xreasonz Racer

Its either my skill that is letting me down or the AI, but i just can't finish a race on hard 1ste, let alone alien. Starting from the back is just hellish.
    The first couple of bends are just a total Clusterf*ck.
    Slows you down immensely, hard to catch the ones who manage to get away.

It surprises me that so many people complete hard races and even alien ones. Teach me ! :D

4. dr.solveberg

dr.solveberg Racer

The only race I had barely any problems with was the Abarth 500 race (even alien), probably because it's the race where I have the most framerate.
    Make sure you take advantage of the initial first bend massacre and sneak past the cars :D

btw. I love it when the AI "parks" on the apex :p

Anuj likes this.
  5. Shaddix

Shaddix Alien

If you can drive good times in hotlap mode - rsrlivetiming as example - its not that bad like you write.
    The fastest AI guys drive medium-good times compared to rsrlivetiming app.

OP: AI was holding his line, you were driving into him slowly - your fault :p
    Devs are working on AI fixes, dont worry.

6. dr.solveberg

dr.solveberg Racer

Yeah, I was cutting into his line, I glaced and thought I had past him; but to my defense he could have backed off instead of flooring it :p

Anuj and Shaddix like this.
  7. Xenix

Xenix Simracer

I must laugh, sorry ! Funny video :D

Anuj likes this.
  8. Xreasonz

Xreasonz Racer

I'm sure it is just my skill that needs work. But yeah sometimes the AI just parks and roflol's at you while gently applying throttle

9. Ronin_86

Ronin_86 Simracer

Yeah... that's AI favorite move now , when you pass him it's punch you from behind and send you spinning... or when it's get you, with revenge, after few laps and knocks you out completely:)

10. Xreasonz

Xreasonz Racer

You had that corner, he was in no way making a pass, so it his fault ;) (if all goes wrong, blame tha AI, seems to work for me :D) still . . . He was in the fault

11. Darren Blythe

Darren Blythe Hardcore Simmer

I'm starting to agree with that. I'm a relaxed guy but the combination of the current AI+the 5 sec penalty has made me scream at the PC and rage quit more races than i've finished lol. It's nice (in a way) to have a game give you those emotions but it's all for the wrong reasons and it's certainly not good when it makes you stop playing. It doesn't feel like a fair playing field atm, but i'm sure (hope!?) improvements are in the works. Just gotta sit tight and keep taking the valium i guess :p

mclarenf1papa, Speedfreakz and Anuj like this.
  12. krikke

krikke Gamer

lolĀ² Saw this trick already a few times in real racing... very convincing AI!!! :)

Mogster likes this.
  13. gh3go

gh3go Gamer

Add a benny hill theme song as background music will set this video epic :v

nivadepi likes this.
  14. Bailey

Bailey Alien

That was the funniest silent movie I think I have ever seen in my life! Too true!
    ~Bailey

Mogster likes this.
  15. Robbiexsstar

Robbiexsstar Hardcore Simmer

16. Fred Joseph

Fred Joseph I'm watching you ! Staff Member

I thought the AI is pretty good imho... this happens a LOT on multiplayer :D :D

;)

17. LeSunTzu

LeSunTzu Alien

In fact he was quite lucky to get as far as T6 before getting kicked off track. If you take a decent start and stay in the middle, you get kicked out that way before T1 because the AI line sways in the main straight.

18. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

The AI needs to "lift off" when contact occurs. That would cure a lot of the problems of being pushed off.

19. silicijevadolina

silicijevadolina Simracer

Hahahahaha so funy man:p:D

20. gh3go

gh3go Gamer