1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
  2. FOR ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE: If you report issues with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder!
  3. If your game executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, then run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether.

The beginner's problems and various questions

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Christy, Mar 19, 2020.

1. Christy

Christy Gamer

Excuse me partners :)
    I did my video poorly that I put in external view for you ... I will copy this video in Cokpit view, as I usually pilot.
    Excuse me for making you wrong. I correct this.

sissydriver and kunos like this.
  2. Christy

Christy Gamer

Hi man, here is the video from inside the cockpit.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKmUtlJI2Ml4AkV5G0iHSfg?view_as=subscriber

This second assembly allowed me to review my braking points and on this subject I have several questions.

I allow myself without wanting to contradict you .. to give my comment on this video, because we are in an exciting exchange and which must be perfectly "objective" on the part of people who kindly give their advice.

Here is my little overview of each of my laps, and my opinion, compared to what Mystek wrote.
    V1: At the braking point and before the apex I am 90% and at the same time the gases are 50%! It is clear that I should have 0% gas and there I will have to work this point! so I agree 100% with you.

- when I reach the top I am at 90% and the gas at 10%
    There too I think I should have 0% brakes.

- Apex gases are at 0% and brakes at 10%
    I think I should have 10% gas and 0% brakes.

- Apex outlet: gas at around 50%
    I think it should be around 25% according to your advice.

If I have to brake 100% at each of my turns as indicated by Mystek.

On this video and in the turns that follow I can in no way subscribe to this assertion! I think nuances are essential. You will contradict me if necessary but at least I will have made my point. ;): p

Another example: V 8-9
    my braking point I am at 20% and 127 km / h

if I had to put 100% brake necessarily I would have lost more time because at low speed, moreover the fact of braking in some way (light, casting) allows me to have stability while not being too slow .

V10: I approach the braking point at 50% and in second, again the V11-v12 turns are very delicate, if I put 100% of the brakes I break my average speed then 50% of the brakes I roll on my launch effortlessly all the 'wells' of my feeling.

- apply 100% braking then quickly resume speed, it's less subtle than thinking of a more precise dosage to keep your speed boost. (again this is only my opinion ...) contradicts me with arguments and that will suit me.

V13 no comments.
    V14 in S: the most difficult with V1.

Here I am 100% agree with you.

on the video I approach it very badly, car I am not 100% brake and there it is essential, essential, but at the same time I still need to maintain the momentum ... to approach the V15 in 1st without having to stop and used the speed to turn more easily.

V16 I arrive at 130kms and putting 10-20% of brakes here again allows me to tackle the 2 corners quite quickly why should I put 100% of brakes?

I also want to tell you, that I tested the braking at 100% and this for several days, and I am not at all in 'phase' with this theory.

But perhaps through this new exchange with you, you will be able to convince me.
    I gave you my feelings, don't take my arguments badly, an exchange with you with posed and objective arguments is what can make anyone progress.

Thank you.

3. kunos

kunos Alien

You are still very very shy with your pedals.
    When you brake you have to slam the thing and get off the gas instantly.
    You need much more gas on the exit.

Check out this video:

The guy is showing the braking points at Zand.. but notice how aggressive he is with the brake pedal and how he comes off the gas as soon he starts braking.

Other than that.. you just need to practice A LOT until these things become natural and your laptimes go down... nothing much to be added at this point, you need to put in the hours like we all did.

chksix, AndyK70, Christy and 3 others like this.
  4. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

^^
    I always thought that was the correct way,... "When you brake you have to slam the thing,..."

My reasoning was that this was when you had the highest down force, then you would modulate as required closer to the corner.

5. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

sorry, off topic, but its wonderful to have the lord back in the forum. :)

6. mystek

mystek Racer

Lord wrote everything what we can add. Do Your homework Christy: watch Youtube and practice. In my opinion Your experience in sim racing and actually in driving a car in real life is very small or even none. Isn't it? I can see it from Your replay. Oooor you play on keyboard, lol :)))

Those questions maybe will gives nothing to this thread but:
    - how old are You Christy?
    - how long (not years but HOURS) are you in sim racing?
    - do You have Your own car in real life and drive it? In winter go to parking and train, when You go to work you trying to push harder some corners etc?
    - and last one - do You LIVE motorsport (interest in your local rallyes/races, build your own amateur race car, read a lot about drive technique, car setup, tyres etc)? Or just like graphics in ACC and wanted to try new computer game? :)

PS: sorry for those questions, I'm just sociologyst :D
    PS2: this onboard camera... WTF? Why You don't have Your steering wheel visible, and why You are moved to the right/middle? It's not a McLaren F1 with mid seat :)))

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
    sissydriver likes this.
  7. Christy

Christy Gamer

8. Christy

Christy Gamer

Lordkunos :)

Thank you for the links of the videos, I studied these and this replaces all the words possible to describe how to work the circuit.
    Now you just have to chain the training rounds.

the 16/4 I will participate in an Open, I will give you my results and this even if I am in last place, the pleasure will be to have participated without being excluded. ;)

9. warth0g

warth0g Hardcore Simmer

Christy, at the stage that you’re at you really need to ONLY concentrate on the basics. I get the feeling that you’re over analyzing how much gas and brake to use at which part of the corner. That can wait until you have the nailed these basics:

- understand instinctively the racing line. I suggest following the AI round, setting them to a speed that allows you to follow them without too much difficulty. You’re moving around far too much right now.

- learn your braking reference points (watch the brake lights of the AI) and memorize them. With each lap, adjust where you brake forward or backwards as necessary until you can make the apex comfortably. You need to slam on the brakes fully at that reference point, as these cars have ABS

- practice slow in, fast out. Make sure you have slowed the car such that you can turn in smoothly, coast briefly around the apex and get on the throttle as quickly as possible after the apex. Progressively apply the throttle as quickly as possible to full, without losing control

This is all you should be doing for the foreseeable future. Do not worry about being fast yet, that will come on it’s own, with time. Do not worry about advanced techniques, trail-braking or looking at MOTEC until you can do the above.

it’s a bit of a journey, but a fun one and there’s really no short cuts. Best of luck.

AndyK70 and mystek like this.
  10. Atak_Kat

Atak_Kat Racer

Hi @Christy. Looks like you've got enough advise to keep you busy for a while ;)

Don't get discouraged. I suspect it feels like trying to learn how to juggle. Lots of things going on at the same time. But once it clicks, it becomes more natural.

Other than what said, I honestly would recommend to simply go to AUTOMATIC shifting for now. Concentrate on learning the track, braking points, and the throttle control. You are well on the way and you can tell in the video that you are anticipating upcoming turns, and getting ready for them.... but it also looks like you're hesitant and maybe still learning the track as well.

I would reduce the number of things your brain needs to deal with. Try Automatic until you really get the flow of the track and braking down.

Really glad to see you're not giving up. Stay positive, it just can take time.

AndyK70 and Piret2000 like this.
  11. Christy

Christy Gamer

hello :)

Thanks to Warthog, LordKUnos, Attack ..;)

I appreciate your comments because you are one of the intelligent people, who do not try to demoralize you and you do not criticize for free, without any sense of analysis and pedagogy!

That said, now I have all the cards in hand, and the tools to progress in the direction of my expectations, because what excites me in this simulation: is that in reality we do not need to to be very focused to progress well, and I made a lot of progress in reality.

The training fascinates me under AAC, it is an excellent very educational simulation, and the feeling of the physics of the cars is excellent, I perceive a lot.

educational videos on the study of circuits are really the solution to "solo" learning.

That evening, I found the excellent site reserved for Iracing:

https://virtualracingschool.com

And I found "free" documentation on driving lessons:

I have downloaded all of the PDFs and have the materials to answer all of my future driving questions.
    Thank you again for your encouragement and your excellent advice.

[ATTACH = full] 139790 [/ ATTACH]

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnhQ5SA61OxuCMuds-lltDg

With this pdf collection, I will no longer need to ask questions about driving ... all the answers that have been offered to me.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
    Atak_Kat likes this.
  12. Piret2000

Piret2000 Racer

As it seems that Christy has forget to translate it, here is the text passed through google translate:

Hello :)

I appreciate your comments because you are one of the intelligent people, who do not try to demoralize you and you do not criticize for free, without any sense of analysis and pedagogy!

That said, now I have all the cards in hand, and the tools to progress in the direction of my expectations, because what excites me in this simulation: is that in reality we do not need to to be very focused to progress well, and I made a lot of progress in reality.

The training fascinates me under AAC, it is an excellent very educational simulation, and the feeling of the physics of the cars is excellent, I perceive a lot.

educational videos on the study of circuits are really the solution to "solo" learning.

That evening, I found the excellent site reserved for Iracing:

https://virtualracingschool.com

And I found "free" documentation on driving lessons:

I have downloaded all of the PDFs and have the materials to answer all of my future driving questions.
    Thank you again for your encouragement and your excellent advice.

[ATTACH = full] 139790 [/ ATTACH]

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnhQ5SA61OxuCMuds-lltDg

With this pdf collection, I will no longer need to ask questions about driving ... all the answers that have been offered to me.

Thanks to Warthog, LordKUnos, Attack ..;)

warth0g and sissydriver like this.
  13. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

hmmm...racing school costs money, the videos i mentioned are for free... o_O

mystek likes this.
  14. Christy

Christy Gamer

A link does not oblige anyone to join, everyone does as he wishes.
    When at VRS it is the top of simRacing teaching.
    And there are free lessons just search a little. o_O

here is a second on the trajectories:

15. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

Dunno if its language or something else. Wish you the best. I am out

mystek and kunos like this.
  16. Christy

Christy Gamer

Merci Sisy ;)