1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

CARS The Bentley Continental GT3 - 1st gen

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Aristotelis, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Rehooja

Rehooja Simracer

That is what you get when you focus on the mirrors too much and not the road ahead. That last turn was painfull to watch :'D

Nic Kowalski likes this.
  2. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

I don't know all the Blancpain teams. Looking to that car @ Misano (few sponsors, poor livery, performance on track ) it seems to me an AM team, a VERY amateur team. :D
    And probably, one of the most mediocre in the champ.

Echo_29 likes this.
  3. Borbor

Borbor Racer

Swan neck mount is more efficient than bottom mount for race car application

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

4. mkotechno

mkotechno Simracer

Beautiful?... yea I guess technically one of the guys from Dumb and Dumber was the smart one.

Sir Simon and Seven Smiles like this.
  5. Rehooja

Rehooja Simracer

WOW just found out this video:

The Bently got loose and then rammed by the Aston Martin car 97 from the inside. Almost hit the Audis rear end after that :D No wonder that Bentley lost so much after that final turn.

6. lukwtwz

lukwtwz Rookie

This Bentley sounds like a nice contrast from the Hurican, although I'll still probably end up playing the latter a lot more often.

I'm confused about one thing in that video embedded by the thread starter: Is he playing in (the upcoming) VR mode? The way he's looking toward turn apexes seems so natural and unlike what I'm used to with the 'helmet cam'. Or is that a video of the same car being driven in regular Assetto Corsa, in VR or with one of the camera types not yet in Competizione?

Anyway, I've had a lot of fun so far in Competizione, even with just one car and one track. (I'm a gamepad/controller player - don't hate:).

jfb33 likes this.
  7. Kopiller

Kopiller Simracer

Lol it's not VR it's RL!

8. Rehooja

Rehooja Simracer

The video is IRL but I know you can easily mix RTX enabled games to real life... :D

Sir Simon and D.Jankovic like this.
  9. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Heavy? Just under 1300kg is about on par with most other GT3 cars.

LeDude83 likes this.
  10. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Well, I'm curious about this. Is the frontal area of the Bentley really that much larger than other cars? Wasn't there a maximum width for GT cars, at some point? The road car isn't wider than typical GT3 cars and not much taller either, why would the race car be. So ultimately all the GT3 cars should have a fairly similar frontal area? Drag coefficient of the body and the rest of the aero is a different matter of course.

11. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Frontal area is width x height. There's quite a difference between the Bentley and the Lamborghini so to say... Obviously we're not talking double the size, but there is a difference

Shaddix, McNappa and LeDude83 like this.
  12. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

didnt found all data 100% correct (missing the height of the lambo) - but with 15% difference can't be too wrong ;) (or i have overseen something)

bentley 2030x1350
    lambo 2050x??? - street car has 1165

13. I might be wrong, but i assume the angle of the frontal area have an effect as well, so while it might be close to the Lamborghini in terms of values, the frontal area of the Bentley is almost perpendicular to the direction it hits the air. Am i correct?

14. Yes but that would just be categorised under the 'drag coefficient'.

A big cube has a larger frontal area than a small cube, but the drag coefficient can be the same. But of course the overall drag force is the drag coefficient*frontal area, so the big cube has more drag in the end.

15. Son

Son Hardcore Simmer

I'm very excited to drive the Bentley. And for those who think that the car is slower than other GT3 cars, bear in mind that last year (so the version of Bentley that we are getting in the update) the Bentley managed to get 2nd place during the Spa 24h, and 2nd place overall in the Blancpain GT Endurance Cup. So, with Blancpain's BoP anyway, the car does seem rather competitive. As many have said, the first generation of Bentley was run this year by Team Parker Racing, who are not an amateur team, as they won British GT Championship last year with the Bentley, but they were indeed running in the AM class this year during the Sprint and Endurance series, hence why it wasn't as competitive as a lot of the other cars.

Echo_29 likes this.
  16. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Yeah I know and I don't think it's that dramatic...

17. I don't know the numbers we are talking, but it doesn't take much to increase the frontal area by 10%, which when the speeds are so close would make a huge difference.

I mean below is an example of about a 13.5% difference in frontal area, which wouldn't really be super noticeable unless compared directly:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Freddie Seng likes this.
  18. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

As @garyjpaterson rightfully showcased, the frontal area is not just height X width, but it is the "footprint" of the design from a front view. So the angle of the side windows, the nose, even the mirrors, everything adds

LeDude83 likes this.
  19. yep... The Lamborghini has a "triangled" shape in the front. The Bentley is a brick :p

D.Jankovic likes this.
  20. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Is it just me (or my graphics settings), but with some sun glare on the dashboard/display I can hardly see the shifting lights in the Bentley.

Maybe it's realistic, but I'd be surprised if sun glare would make them barely visible IRL.

Jebus and Epistolarius like this.