1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread.
  2. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.

The Best Cockpit View - Single Screen

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by R3jn, Oct 31, 2019.

1. MYTH_Moebius

MYTH_Moebius Rookie

Ah, just to avoid a misunderstanding, you mean all default?
    Default FOV is 54 and distance +10 -> Speed feels great, so I would just adjust my view position to align it with my rig/seating position
    Perspective all 0, FOV 31 (adjusted horizon lock to 20%) -> Seating position great, comes close to like sitting in the cockpit -> Speed still feels slower than in reality, I can do ok lap times but it feels weird, especially judging corner entry speeds

What would you go for?

Is the FOV setting intended for triple screen set-ups? I mean every rig set up is different, so what is the recommended way of adjusting your personal view? Is there a recommendation/explanation from Kunos about the best way setting up the screen? I tried to find more information but basically all leads back to this thread.

2. I don't think calculated fov can cover it all. I just use what I prefer the most.
    Anyway I was talking about a parameter called perspective or something like that earlier.
    I use the default fov too, which is 54°, but I am on a 15 inch screen.
    For instance for me to be able to see the apex is far more important than seeing everything slow.
    There are people that use it lower to be more precise.
    In the end I think without vr you can never have the right perception of distance or speed.
    That's why I prefer higher fov.

MYTH_Moebius likes this.
  3. MYTH_Moebius

MYTH_Moebius Rookie

Thank you once again for clarification.

I think I also just go with what feels best for me :)

Salvatore Amato likes this.