1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

The best GT3 car?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by slopps, May 22, 2016.

1. slopps

slopps Simracer

I just did some testing for the first time ever in AC, properly comparing all the GT3 cars including that SCG 003C thing and the Audi R8 LMS ultra.
    i just used silverstone international, used default setups for all of them and only tweaked brake bias as some of the default bias settings on the cars are mental. And then i did anywhere between 5-10 laps in each car depending on how quickly i could find the limit in them - its only a 60-65 second lap so didn't take long.

anyway....my results were as follows.
    Z4 GT3: stable, fairly neutral, easy to drive, 1.03.869
    Mclaren 650s: 1.03.596, mental loose rear end which needs taming, potential to be a lot quicker
    Merc AMG GT3, 1.04.113, very easy to drive, very stable and easy on traction
    Nissan GTR gt3, 1.04.459, just felt slow, full of understeer
    Mclaren MP4 12c gt3, 1.04.695 - neutral handling
    Merc SLS AMG GT3, 1.04.565 - very easy to drive, felt bit more nimble than non SLS, but slow
    Audi R8: couldn't be bothered - weird sloppy handling, weird ffb effect on understeer for some reason (bug?) did mid 1.04's and got bored
    SCG 003C - easy low 1.04's, very nice to drive, stable, great visibility in cockpit (im using Vive).

EDIT: forgot to mention the lambo huracan gt3, which did a 1.04.220

conclusion - given the option, i'm going to pick the 650s in any given GT3 race, if i can tweak the setup to tame it's rear end.
    If i want a nice easy race, i'd go for the AMG GT3 or BMW Z4 GT3

does anyone else concur with my findings?

Last edited: May 22, 2016

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Troubleshooting Ferrari 488 GT3 Evo Incorrect Lap shown as Best Lap on Q Dash Nov 29, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions What GT3 Is The Best All Around Car? Apr 7, 2021
    Chit Chat Room Fanatec Porsche GT2 (GT3RS and similar wheels in series). Settings. Best firmware and drivers. Oct 22, 2017
    Console Lounge Best lap - Barcelona GP - Lamborghini huracan GT3 - PS4 - controller ??? Sep 8, 2016
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Assetto corsa competizione ps5 Mugello best track Mar 14, 2024
    Chit Chat Room Best version of Sebring Jan 6, 2024
    ACC General Discussions What is the best advice to fix understeer and oversteer Mar 11, 2023
    General modding discussion Whats the best way to use mods for AC ? Feb 11, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Seeking opinions for buying the best Jan 22, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Best way to setup reverse grid-second races offline? Jul 5, 2022
    ACC Hardware Discussions Best settings for Nitro 5 with I7 11800H, RTX 3060 and 16 GB of Ram Jun 10, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Best Lap Problem Apr 18, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality Dlss 2.3.9 is the best experience so far [Not recommended] Apr 15, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC G923 PS5 Best settings Force Feedback??? Feb 25, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality Simple BestSetting VR for G2 3080ti 90fps Dec 17, 2021

3. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Okay...

I don't agree with the notion that there is a "best" GT3 car in game terms, ignoring minor BoP issues and bugs. It's all about personal preference, your setup, your driving experience and the track. Also, you didn't test the Huracán GT3.

alex72 and 6S.Manu like this.
  4. Rudski

Rudski Alien

Maybe he meant "Fastest" instead of best?

5. slopps

slopps Simracer

oh yes i did, forgot to put it in the list. 1.04.220. didnt like it due to the huge dashboard and poor visibility of the thing. But still in the top 4 or so cars.

and to clarify - i just meant fastest - i just wanted to know which one was quickest on track. For me, the 650s was the quickest.
    It might be different for other people.
    Looking at the lap times, all the cars overall are within 1 second of each other, but they all definitely have different handling characteristics (which is why AC is so awesome).
    i like a neutral tail happy car to begin with so thats probably why i was quickest in the 650s.

youre right that it will be different for others.

6. burrito

burrito Alien

What's the point of comparing with default setups?

Some cars (like the 650S) have massive aero stall with the setup and are 'tail happy' because of it.

If you lift the car/use stiffer springs then it becomes very compliant and much faster (Certainly much more consistent).

In fact if you make proper setups for all the cars they feel very similar in handling. They have different grip in different situations and you have to drive them accordingly but the driving characteristics are not worth comparing with sub par default setups.

PhilS13 likes this.
  7. slopps

slopps Simracer

coz thats my point.........despite the 650s being tail happy i was still faster in that than all the others - as i mention in the original post - with some setup work it will be even quicker.
    If the 650s is already quicker than say the Nissan GTR3, then by making 'proper' setups for both, chances are i will still be quicker in the 650s.
    or i'd have to do a lot more testing and setup work in the Nissan, to get anywhere near my laptime in the 650s.

and since i have no interest intesting or setup work and doing 100's of laps (because i dont find it fun) - i might as well find the quickest car for me by default, then choose to work with that 1 car.
    i was just wondering if other people had found the 650s to also be quicker, that's all.

8. Rudski

Rudski Alien

I think this is sort of lame, picking the same car over and over, just because it's "faster".

If everyone adopted that mentality we wouldn't get many races complete because as soon as the faster cars are taken no-one would join.
    Can I take it when the car isn't available you won't join the race? Why would you if you're in the "slower" car. You're here to win not waste time in a slower car, am I right?

Personally I think driving skills far outweigh the performance numbers a car may have.
    And beating someone in a slower car is way more rewarding. I say let them all pick the 650, you're still going to be eating dirt.

A slower driver in a faster car versus a faster driver in a slower car, typically the slower car wins.

jayrac3r likes this.
  9. JnJ | Rayleigh

JnJ | Rayleigh Simracer

Not quite sure about BoP changes in the latest patch....but before that and for me the Z4 and Lambo were the fastest. Z4 is also very easy to drive. AMG is also quite nice to drive since the latest fix. I don't get along with the rest (excluding the SCG because I never drive it).

650S: too unstable, can't figure out a nice setup
    Audi: wtfbbq?!
    SLS and MP4: meh just don't like the cars..
    GT-R: loved the car pre 1.5. Now it seems tamed to the ground..

10. I think he mentioned that he would pick the McLaren 650S because he likes the way it handles, rather than because he thinks it is the fastest.

This is actually a very interesting comment, and something that I have been thinking about. With GTR2 and GT Legends, you could choose whatever car you wanted to drive from the options that were available. For example, if there were six car choices available, every player could choose the same car if they wanted. Why is this not possible in AC?

11. slopps

slopps Simracer

don't see what any of that has got to do with my original post?
    all i asked was if anyone else gets quicker laptimes from the 650s than the other cars.

that is all.
    so given the option which gt3 car do you pick and why?

as for picking cars if it's not available..........well.....you're just making up straw man arguments which has nothing to do with anything???
    but ok...lol....if i was doing just some fun multiplayer racing online, and the 650s was taken, then i'd pick something else obviously.......
    if it was some kind of 'semi serious' league racing then my first choice would be 650s.

the only reason i did this test at all was because Simracingsystem are doing GT3 races with all the cars, and i wasn't sure which one to pick - so i just decided to drive them all back to back to see what they were all like - what's the harm in that???

jesus. Forget it - another thread full of ridiculous responses to questions that were never asked by the original poster.

12. They're just in a bad mood because, you know.........back to work tomorrow ;)

13. Rudski

Rudski Alien

Did I quote your OP? No. I quoted one line which is what I was replying to.
    In case you're confused I'm replying to the one line you said here.
    "conclusion - given the option, i'm going to pick the 650s in any given GT3 race"

This is lame. Given the option in every MP race you're going to pick the same car because you think its faster. Lame very lame.

I didn't bother reading anything else because clearly your an upset nancy.

14. slopps

slopps Simracer

why is that lame to pick the car that i am most comfortable and fastest in????? what on earth is your problem.

15. Rudski

Rudski Alien

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you wrote but I think the reason is because the cars are assigned to pits? Instead of having a list of cars and those cars get a pit slot here we can only have a fixed amount of cars based on the track and how many pits it has? Does that make sense?

16. Rudski

Rudski Alien

What on earth is my problem?

Sorry but where is this hostility coming from? Do you think I have a problem? I don't have a problem.

I was simply giving my opinion, making a point that picking the same car over and over and over is lame. You clearly disagree and I don't care if you do or don't.

If you can't handle a comment directed to something you actually wrote maybe you shouldn't post on public forums?

This is what I was replying to, not your times or anything else just this line. Which is pretty clear you're going to pick the 650s in any given GT3 race.

"conclusion - given the option, i'm going to pick the 650s in any given GT3 race"

17. slopps

slopps Simracer

why is it lame to pick the same car 'over and over' again?
    what makes you think i'm constantly doing GT3 races only???
    if i enjoy the 650s more than all the other cars, why is it lame to drive that same car in any given race when only GT3 cars are available???

you clearly do have a problem if you think driving one particular is 'lame'. You think its lame, yet you have yet to explain why its lame. Why is it negative or bad in any way for someone to want to drive the same GT3 car in a GT3 race?

18. slopps

slopps Simracer

well maybe if you did you'd understand what i'm asking and where i'm coming from.
    If you can't be bothered to read a post properly - why bother replying?
    Then you resort to name calling?

you clearly do have issues.

19. JnJ | Rayleigh

JnJ | Rayleigh Simracer

I'd like to go back to the actual topic because I'm kinda interested how others see the GT3 Grid...is that possible? please? :)

jayrac3r, Christopher Low and slopps like this.
  20. Rudski

Rudski Alien

When I said I didn't bother reading anything else, do you think that was directed at your reply or the OP? It was the reply. After the third line I had read enough.

All I said was picking the same car over and over based on lap times is lame.

21. aphidgod

aphidgod Alien

Come on guys, In real life teams trade cars every week so the drivers don't spend a whole season in the same car. (It's lame.) You should be doing the same in AC if you're not into arcade games.

Maxidyne and Kopiller like this.