1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

The big Special-Event-Collection-Thread

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by SandwichToaster90, Sep 1, 2016.

1. C. Morton

C. Morton Rookie

Great job on this, this was not an easy one for sure! Very interesting that the medium tires were faster, that was a great find. I tried that and immediately picked up a bit more than 2 seconds a lap vs the softs. Very strange they are faster than the soft tires, but it allowed me to gold it where the softs were just not good enough.

Anyone needing help on various special events needs to check out this guys play list on youtube that he posted earlier in this thread.

Let us know if you ever get the DLC, some of them seem to be more difficult than the regular events and I'd love to see if you can figure out the 2 that seem like they are impossible. I'm left with A Ring to Rule Them all and the Longtail Monster still without gold.

2. jayd_10

jayd_10 Gamer

The thing is that soft tyres are indeed faster... but for a very short period of time that goes for more or less the half of the first lap to the next two laps. If you compare this images you'll see that at the begining of the race there is an indicator that is red for the soft tyres whereas is green for the medium ones:

[​IMG]

I don't know the exact meaning of that indicator but what i can tell is that is related with the grip. As long as that indicator is red, you'll have very poor grip, once it's green you have full grip of the tyres you are using.

It takes half a lap for the soft to get green but they last in that state for just two laps (in wich they are faster than the medium) but the last two laps they come back to red and you loose a lot of grip and time

3. HavanaB0B

HavanaB0B Hardcore Simmer

"A ring to rule them all!" Gold Medal

4. C. Morton

C. Morton Rookie

Still want see want to see someone gold this on PS4...
    Interesting how your tires stay green/warm the whole lap, while on the PS4 version they are getting blue by the half way point. Your Xbox version also doesn't seem to have the downshift problem ours picked up on v1.09 still hasn't been fixed. No way we can get our car back to 2nd at 78mph like you do before turn 1.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2017
    novcze likes this.
  5. jayd_10

jayd_10 Gamer

I did that one time ago:

But i can't remember what was the version of the game at that point

I'm now stuck with a taste of the ring. Has anyone achieved gold in that event?

6. By a taste of the ring you mean the one with the z4 gt3? Cause I'm stuck at this one too, very hard on ps4

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

7. jayd_10

jayd_10 Gamer

Yes, that's it.

At the moment my best time is 46.2, when the first GT2 sometimes makes 55.7 or even 55.6. Other times he is in mid-low 46s.

That first GT2 NEVER looses first place in the start, wich makes the event very difficult. If he were to loose that first place, it would be not so difficult to win. The only chance is that the second GT2 moves to second place (wich doesn't happen very often) and puts some pressure to the first so both loose a bit of time. If the first GT2 escapes, there is nothing to do, at least for me.

But restart the race 10 times until both GT2 are in the lead and fight each other is not funny (because sometimes they don't even fight and the first just escapes from the begining)

UCANT-SCOPE-ME likes this.
  8. Ahaha as I was reading your post I started to be mad at this race again!! exactly the same things happens for me, even if the leaders are fighting a bit there is nothing to do to approach them.. and like you said if the first escapes at the beginning, only thing to do is quit the race lol... I tried this event at least 30 times, with different settings, but still way behind them.

9. jayd_10

jayd_10 Gamer

I've being trying this for several days actually, training in hot lap mode but i'm still not fast enough to have a real chance in the event.

I'll try to post my setup and a lap this afternoon or in the next days so you can try it or improve it :p

UCANT-SCOPE-ME likes this.
  10. ZX636

ZX636 Hardcore Simmer

Damn...I can't even get below 2:01. And at the end of the first lap, the front tyres start to heat up a lot..

11. jayd_10

jayd_10 Gamer

For this event i'm using this configuration:

[​IMG]subirimagenes

I've never used stability control in any event apart from the drift ones, but for this event all the aid is welcome xD

This is where i'm now actually. I can improve this time by a few tens, i've being able to do the second sector in 1.16.8. Sadly not fast enough anyway :(

Because then you go to the event... the first GT2 escapes... and you see things like this:

[​IMG]

This is an example of a dream case scenario, the two GT2 fighting and loosing some time plus finishing the first lap only at 1.6s away from the leading car wich is something that only happened to me one time. And i've restarted the race many many times xD.

Unfortunately i screwed it up in the second lap :(. Yes i was very agressive but there is no other way xD

This is the setup i'm currently using if anyone wants to try it, improve it or give some advice

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. ZX636

ZX636 Hardcore Simmer

Finally got a silver medal with 2:00:7xx. Car still feels incredibly wooden in some corners, can't be as smooth as I'd like to be (not much I can do with just an analog stick).

13. Daniel46

Daniel46 Rookie

Hey guys,
    I golded one of the new Porsche 911 GT3 R 2016 special events at Barcelona GP.

I think these were the most difficult until now:

I just started making videos, so let me know what you think, so I can improve them.

Cheers
    Daniel46

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
    Stotty likes this.
  14. novcze

novcze Rookie

I'm stuck at this one as well, if AC have the same time limits across all platforms but handling is different (and it changes with updates), than it's really bad game design.
    I thought it would be good idea to do Hotlap SE because there is nothing much to do otherwise (apart from driving around and trying out cars, which is great in its own right). Online sucks because you can't choose whatever car you want, I have zero interest in racing AI and online leaderboards for Hot Laps are non-existent.

15. Stotty

Stotty Gamer

Pretty sure this event is impossible on PS4... 55's in the GT3 are not doable.

Anyhow, if anyone just wants the Gold (for trophy chasing), it's super simple to beat on Alien if you start from the pit lane. No need to drive the wheels off the car, just drive quickly (I was running low 58's), but stay on the right lines - only place AI might try to pass is out of turn 1.

There are some other events I don't think are possible on the PS4 as it stands... The Lotus race at Imola, R8 road car race at Barcelona, M4 hotlap at Nurburgring GT, to name 3.

16. HavanaB0B

HavanaB0B Hardcore Simmer

1:55s in GT3s are very doable around Nurburgring GP (GT). I've run the same times within a tenth or two across both platforms, use the same setups I make on the Xbox when I go over to my brothers house and play on his PS4..

17. What do you mean by starting from the pit lane ?!

18. Stotty

Stotty Gamer

When you're on the starting grid... the lights go green, press pause, select pits, and you'll be in your pit box... start/set off from there and you'll have a big lead when you come out of the pits. Good enough to hold off the faster cars if you drive reasonably quickly and hold your line.

19. Lol good tip thank you man !! I will try this today :D

20. jayd_10

jayd_10 Gamer

Finally i beat A taste of the ring, and also won the platinum trophy :)

I believe that with the last update that event became a little bit easier since the GT2 didn't go to the 55's. But anyway, here is the video :p

Stotty likes this.