1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
  2. FOR ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE: If you report issues with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder!
  3. If your game executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, then run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether.

CARS The BMW M6 GT3

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Aristotelis, Nov 16, 2018.

1. I have just seen his post now. what can I say, wind also. they are the aliens of development.

2. mines are... tool me hours to find the right mix

3. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

You could try launching Steam in offline-mode (or just disconnect your pc from the internet) before you update the game, launch ACC and make screenshots of all the settings you need and then update to 1.0.

tw1st likes this.
  4. iVG

iVG Alien

Aris just said there was a bug and a typo in both aero and power of the beemer. That's got nothing to do with ABS and trail braking.

5. tw1st

tw1st Racer

Thats a great idea. Thank you very much!

Spending many hours to get the best view so this would save me some hours.

Schnipp likes this.
  6. I mean that the biggest change in performance will be caused by the new and improved physics of breaking. On the other hand, the twicks on the m6 will be less relevant.

7. Now I'm curious, what your settings are :)

8. iVG

iVG Alien

The tweaks in ABS logic is there for all cars regardless of BMW specific fixes. As @Aristotelis stated, the aero and power will get fixed specifically for the M6. It is objectively quicker on most tracks at the moment apart from Monza. So yeah beemer will get nerfed regardless of ABS change. The pure straight line acceleration in the middle gears just won't be as prominent. I suspect all cars will get slowed down by a touch under braking but BMW will get slow down twice, once under braking and once under straight line acceleration. Which is fair.

Salvatore Amato and Aristotelis like this.
  9. only the guys who (rap3d) downshifting will be affected. infact I did not understand how they managed to break so late. then, watching a few onboards, I saw they were downshifting like hell. I trusted kunos and continued breaking hard but realistically. now the gap should decrease. high hopes. And I say that because 488 loses a lot of weight in the rear if you overuse the engine brake.

10. iVG

iVG Alien

I agree downshifting should normalise a wee bit now. I've had to force myself to downshift rapidly on very competitive servers on Monza. Now the real trail brakers are gonna shine, which is far more realistic and suits me well.

Salvatore Amato likes this.
  11. they are not going to be slower than us. they are going to be slower than unrealistic behavior.

PiretSS2000, pazzi008 and iVG like this.
  12. fthomann

fthomann Rookie

The BMW is now nerfed to hell...
    My lap times on the Nürburgring are over 1 second slower with the same setup.
    But with the Lexus I now do the same times as before with the BMW.
    lol?

Max Doubt likes this.
  13. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca Alien

Only 1 seconds? I am now 2 :)
    Before best was 1.52.7, now only around 1.55.0
    It really feels now there is missing 100hp, car just doesn`t have the acceleration which it had before.
    Personally I think BMW was closer to real car before, just other cars weren`t.

OOR | Cucumber and Max Doubt like this.
  14. Ricky Reject

Ricky Reject Hardcore Simmer

As much as I'd love 'all' cars to be equal, I'd rather have them represent their real life performance.

Now I don't follow the Blancpain GT in each and every race, but the few I've seen the M6 doesnt seem to be superior. Before ACC 1.0 it was really, really noticable quicker on atleast 3 of the 4 tracks we had. In corner acceleration it would just f**k off into the distance. Most of the time I would just give way and not fight for position when an M6 came up behind me. I simply treated it like a different race class. Also I could quite easily match my other PB's in the other cars with the M6 with much less effort.

Again I'm no expert, but now in 1.0 it seems to be more in the same category as the rest of the cars and not miles ahead in terms of handling and performance. Atleast it feels that way when racing it on track - havent driven it yet myself tbh.

15. DrMabuse1963

DrMabuse1963 Gamer

Is there a Update next time possible?Got no fun to change him : (

16. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca Alien

Why? It is just not a competitive car in these series, although I like it the most, and try to squeeze all from it for a good result.

fsuarez79 likes this.
  17. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Racer

No.
    Except from Spa where they got 1st and 2nd last year, they did terrible in every other single race. It was unrealistically fast in the game.
    It's still an awesome car to drive, just like every other one of them.

Son likes this.
  18. DrMabuse1963

DrMabuse1963 Gamer

Dont no why but i love to drive in Sims the BMW's.Now i test the R8.

19. But don't forget that the m6 is still super stable and forgiving on wet weather. Over long stint this car is still capable of very good result

20. Is there any place where the ECU maps can be checked? Or at least a way of knowing what each one corresponds to?

I remember having seen a page a few weeks ago with the ECU maps explained for a few cars, but when I try to open it now it gives me an error (?)