1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

CARS The BMW M6 GT3

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Aristotelis, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

There is a bug in the fuel consumption of the BMW, already reported and confirmed by me in the physics support subforum.
    Fix is in the making with the next hotfix.

2. Atak_Kat

Atak_Kat Simracer

I....LOVE....THIS....CAR....
    Reading your blog, I can understand many things. I am an intermediate driver at best. I know I tend to overdrive or push a bit too much. But in this car I somehow find something more comfortable for the way I drive (until I improve...). I can really see how it is more stable in general. I can see now the places I was struggling with the Lambo losing the rear end, and it's probably because I'm too aggressive with it on deceleration into corners and I'm likely losing the rear down force and then the rear end comes out. Your blog comments helped me realize this, and I am now working to drive the Lambo differently.

Thank you so much for the time spent to write these car descriptions. For anyone that takes time to read them, and pay attention when driving the cars, I think you will find and feel most of the things mentioned.

No offence. I like the Lambo and the Bently too. But this car has changed the game for me. It's opened a door of real enjoyment for me. And helped me realize somethings that have gotten me driving the Lambo and Bentley again too!!

Can't wait for the next cars!

Perell0ne, dermonty and Son like this.
  3. jfb33

jfb33 Rookie

@Aristotelis you mentionned that the engine deliver good power between 3000 and 6200 rpm. Is there going to be a place where we can see the complete engine graph and also other spect like power, torque, weight, for each cars like in AC1?

4. The audio on this beast comes into it's own with headphones - I was using speakers on my rig for the first day or so, remembered to bring home my good headphones last night and oh boy ! The sounds through gear changes are sublime. Yes the engine isn't a screamer, yet this one is somehow quite addictive. You really do need good headphones (or a really high end speaker setup) to hear these details.

With the aggressive setup it was immediately noticeable how you could control the rear end on low/mid speed corners when you get untidy, yes yes, not the fastest way round the track - unlike the lambo that wants to gives you little warning and it's gone, the beamer you've got a (good) chance of keeping it together.

I love how different each car feels, not just subtly different, but wildly different... no doubt plays to everyones likes/dislikes and people will settle on cars they like.

The audio is getting me well excited for the AMG, that thing is going to sound amazing.

Son, Fremen_78 and chksix like this.
  5. pons

pons Simracer

Beautiful, Thank you Aris!
    I remember a short interview of Connor de Phillippi when he came to the Nurburgring the first time with the BMW after leaving from Audi winning the N24h.
    He really dexribed what you have written above. Driving the M6 at the limit is much more comfortable than the R8, which is expecially important in endurance races.
    I try to dig it up :)

6. The first time I played I did not like the BMW, but after a few laps I found love. Thank you Aris, good job!

7. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Its more likely that I did. :) I just believed to understand that a track with wide corners and long straights favours the M6 more, and so PR being better ground for the M6 than Misano (which I believed long time to be a Japanese track...)
    I compare the M6 to what in air combat would be planes called "energy fighters" favouring zoom-boom-away in the vertical, with the Huracan being a more agile "turning fighter" (favourign manouvers in the horizontal). :D Bf-109 versus Hurricanes or Spitfires, for example.

Hm. o_O Back to the main program ...

chksix likes this.
  8. MakeMeLaugh

MakeMeLaugh Simracer

I've noticed that sometimes when you spin and the car stops the engine dies(doesn't happen with the Bentley or Lambo). Also when you put first gear(from standing still) the car will move some meters then the engine dies. Another thing, when testing the PR rain event, right at the final turn to begin the race, you have to turn really slow because of the car ahead, but right after you turn the car will struggle a lot to accelerate.

Are these things intended?

Deatroy likes this.
  9. Adastros

Adastros Racer

Thanks for this !
    I have a question in some onboard
    I can hear a high pitched sound of gt3 that I do not hear in the game, what is it?
    or is it just a bad onboard sound?
    or other sounds will be added in the future?
    And I love m6!

10. TDS

TDS Alien

Lambo have autoclutch in real life...and bmw has a manual clutch. So yes its as designed and as real life what you described.

The rain situation 99% sure you are describing traction control being severily engaged, since for rain you want TC pretty high.

11. MakeMeLaugh

MakeMeLaugh Simracer

I see, but I have auto clutch activated in the options, maybe it's only for the cars that have it, anyway I didn't know BMW is manual clutch. But still, I think it's weird, I really don't know how these cars actually work, but if the clutch is manual, the engine is supposed to die if you engage any gear without having the clutch pressed while the car is not moving, and that's exactly what I do when the car starts. Put first gear without accelerating or engaging the clutch and the engine won't die, weird. It also dies while I'm accelerating in first gear, that also doesn't make sense.

And for the rain situation, even with high TC I didn't expect it to struggle like that.

12. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

One really cool feature I hadn't noticed before on ACC is the windscreen wiper. When I turn right it raises a bit, and then when I go straight or turn left it stays lower on the windscreen.
    It's such a small detail, but it really helps with the illusion that there actually is air moving the thing around.

dermonty, Epistolarius, Son and 4 others like this.
  13. Axel Vogelsang

Axel Vogelsang Simracer

If you noticed that in PR, take a look what‘s right beside the start/finish straight (awesome detail):
    888056B8-ECFB-4FC8-9123-8BECA8758FA2.png

14. Skybird

Skybird Alien

I noticed the BMW has two settings for the headlights. In 0.2, Huracan and Bentley had just one, and in 0.1 the Huracan had two or even three, so they still seem to experiment. Assuming the cars in RL have two settings: which one to use when? I game, the difference is minimal anyway, but I am curious.

15. The endurance cars should have two options for the lights on. All other just one.

Schnipp likes this.
  16. Aristotelis

Nope, the cars are different in their endurance or sprint versions. Endurance cars have more settings for headlights. You can filter between endurance, sprint and all in the car selection in single player

17. Florian Boswell likes this.
  18. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

maybe this answers your question?

edit, too late...:(

19. Aristotelis

Ah yes, sorry. Yes the BMW has one page for now. We are aware of the glow at night, we have a couple of ideas but it is a bit tricky to adjust (big glows or invisible, depending on whichever time of the day/night you are).

But yeah we need to find a solution for sure

20. ...and you'll like usual :)
    Thank you.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2018