1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

CARS The BMW M6 GT3

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Aristotelis, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Atak_Kat

Atak_Kat Simracer

I have found that turning down the saturation setting helps with this a bit.

2. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Sorry, I just described what there was. The Huracan in 0.1 had severla settings, I clearly remember that. In 0.2 the cars, both, had just a toggle, on-off. The BMW in o.3 now has off-on-"very on".

My question anyhow was when to use what setting. When do they use the lower and when the brighter lights? Is it like with public traffic: bright light only when no car is ahead, when there is traffic, the lower light only? Probably its not like that. Do they always use the bright lights on track maybe, and the lower light setting in pits?

3. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Then you only drove the Sprint version of the cars, 0.2 Endurance cars also had 2 light modes. You can also see these additional lights in the car's bumper in the car selection menu on the Endurance cars.

Typically the Sprint cars only run default lights as they maybe just drive at times where they drive into the dusk or only short periods at night.

The very bright Endurance lights are usually just used for races with significant amount of night driving and then they run full lights for the normal driving.

After_Midnight likes this.
  4. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Ah, now I see.

Thanks.

5. Adastros

Adastros Racer

You fail the quote or?

6. VtViper

VtViper Rookie

This is a fantastic introduction, thanks so much for this post! I'd be lying if I said I don't want a post like this for EVERY car that releases... but I know how busy you are. Take care!

7. JnJ | Rayleigh

JnJ | Rayleigh Simracer

I wonder if in the BMW there really is no light indicator..? Also the display only has one page..are there really no additional options like in the Huracan? Seems a little humble to me for a rather "new" GT3 car. :confused:

Other than that (and the engine sound :p) I really like the car. Feels great, well done!

8. John Caetano

John Caetano Racer

Great car for those that struggle with CC techniques... love it so far!

9. tow

tow Racer

Is all car dash screen info follow exactly like real life? Why M6 dash screen can't switch page like Bentley and Lambo? No tire temp on m6 dash screen.

10. klunkT5

klunkT5 Rookie

Excellent info Aris, Thanks for taking the time to do this, I really appreciate it. I have more understanding of the car now. First lap i did in the M6 at Misano i immediately noticed how great the car turned in on slower corners and how stable it was, I really like the M6 and Bentley, The fact that the 3 cars released so far drive so differently from each other is absolutely epic, Cant wait for the 488, Cheers.

11. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

All the dash screens that you see on all 3 cars, have been taken by the corresponding technical manual of the cars and or close inspection and photos of the cockpits on the circuits. Often the driver or engineer will showcase it for us.

There are some extra screens available that we have omit, but those are for the mechanics working on pressures and fluids levels, ecu maps programming and verification and so on. Things that normally the driver will not have access to and neither is interested about. Also keep in mind that all those screens are usually highly programmable, so occasionally you might see something slightly different on a real car dash, depending the circuit, race, driver and engineer preferences and so on. But you can be absolutely sure that 90% of what the driver sees is there.

SMOKING__MONKEY3, M96, tow and 3 others like this.
  12. So will we get more dash screen pages in the M6 or is it about to stay the way it is right now?

13. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

It doesn't have more pages of interest for the driver

14. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

nvm

Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
  15. tow

tow Racer

How could I monitor tire temp? I personally don't like hud because i play with VR, i want realistic as possible.

16. You can use the pressure as an indicator.

Aristotelis likes this.
  17. Freddie Seng

Freddie Seng Hardcore Simmer

Talking about tires, will the tire app show tire wear in the future? Or maybe I missed something

LukFry likes this.
  18. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

I think the devs said that only data you can measure IRL from the car will be provided in-game and I think tyre wear is measured in the pits, so I'd think this won't be added to the HUD.

Freddie Seng and Aristotelis like this.
  19. Freddie Seng

Freddie Seng Hardcore Simmer

Allright then. It's gonna force us to "feel" tire wear instead of having an app babysitting us

20. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Dashboard shows you tire tepmeratures