1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
  2. FOR ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE: If you report issues with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder!
  3. If your game executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, then run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether.

CARS The Ferrari 488 GT3

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Aristotelis, Jun 6, 2019.

1. schlauchheidl

schlauchheidl Rookie

hi just can tell you about my setup .

after i have learned that there are operations windows regarding the setup - i made the most significant change regarding the springs

to the opposite to the basic aggressive setup i increased the rear spring rate by ALOT - i generally run now more rear spring rate in the back (except paul ricard - there a little less)

and in general i keep the spring rates (front and back) close to each other

wing i run 0
    with ride height front 59 and back 55

diff around 200

dampers low speed compression : 7 front and back
    rebound low speed : 8 front and back

high speed as low as necessary regarding your line over the kerbs - me fairly low - around 2 or 3

tc i run 3/3
    abs 5

the increase in rear spring rate helped me alot maintaining my pace over the race length

my best time is 1.47.0xx

but i can manage through a race low 1. 47 consistently

hope this helps

best regards

c

Eduardo AuKiss likes this.
  2. rikirk

rikirk Racer

+1 as a general rule for rear spring, slow rear rebound and front ride height as the most significant differences from the official aggressive set-up.

nrc689 likes this.
  3. theivansk

theivansk Racer

Where can I adjust spring rate?

4. schlauchheidl

schlauchheidl Rookie

in the mechanical setup folder - left and right - front and back - first position

5. schlauchheidl

schlauchheidl Rookie

for some reason i can only post here - in other forums i have insufficient privileges ??

i exclusively drive the 488 - and especially after last update i feel that the especially the AMG is way to overpowered . the acceleartion of the AMG is a joke compared to the ferrari - the porsche too - but the AMG even more - just wanted to express my personal feelings - hence this post - maybe somebody else with enough "privileges" could open a thread?

best regards

6. Felge Schneider

Felge Schneider Hardcore Simmer

Isn't that a general problem with the 488, that it's chassis was so well designed for the racetrack, that the engine gets a massive penalty?

7. schlauchheidl

schlauchheidl Rookie

yes sure - but i feel that sth. regarding BOP has changed after the last update - the AMGs accelaration became even more overpowered... just my personal feelings - wanted to see if other people feel the same

8. RapMcBibus

RapMcBibus Rookie

Red Line vs Overboost.
    How do you change your gears?

I instinctively pushed for overboost but I'm not so sure after reading a bit.
    Also don't trust my judgment: i got the game just for a week

9. rikirk

rikirk Racer

First red

Fremen_78 likes this.
  10. D1visor

D1visor Alien

Hi, I don't feel like going through all the pages and searching "488 gt3 understeer" didn't give any results so I want to know why this car's steering goes way further than the actual feeling of front end grip?

I'm using a t300rs and whereas in something like a 650s I can turn more than necessary and the front end is still hooked, in this car the steering just gets light and I have to either go slower or reduce input. In general, there are more cars with this trait, just haven't tested all of them.

Eduardo AuKiss likes this.
  11. douwgZA

douwgZA Rookie

I use the Ferrari and Mclaren 720s in two seperate leagues and I can agree - the Ferrari does understeer more than other cars imo. However on Zandvoort as an example I am quicker in the Ferrari than the Mclaren. I assume BoP is the reason, as the Mclaren definitely feels like a better handling car to me.

12. deadmeat2k

deadmeat2k Racer

I have 150+ hours behind the wheel in the Ferrari and do not find it understeery in general. On the contrary it can be a quite agile car in corners if setup and handled correctly. For me it is much more of a setup thing. Try and play with the differential to find what fits your liking for a particular track. I tend to lower the differential setting a bit (base: default agressive) to produce more rotation on turn in. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/media/differential-preload-in-acc.57777/

If the understeer happens mid corner at the apex or just after, then I imagine your issue is too high speed at the apex - possibly getting too agressivly on throttle. Try to go slower to go faster if you follow my point :)

You can also play around with the aero balance and total downforce of the car. Put more emphasis on the front to maintain grip better. but this of course only works as long as you do not ask too much of the front wheels (speed+turning) and surpass the grip threshold. Also do not sacrifice the rear completely since then you will surely loose it at some point ;)

13. Its setup