1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

CARS The Ferrari 488 GT3

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Aristotelis, Jun 6, 2019.

1. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

calm down you are acting like i've destroyed your whole carrier lol.(meme)

2. lol ikr. But I'm ignorant on these things what does all this mean? Like are the devs trying to match it as close to real life as possible? So what when they released the car at hungaroring they got it wrong? And with 1.0..1 they got it right? But then again with 1.0.7 now its right?

Sorry if this comes off as negative, I'm not. Just wondering why they keep changing it because its very annoying to adjust. Hate not being able to catch my ghost anymore.

3. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

It's called Balance of performance(BoP)
    The purpose of it in simpler term is to make all cars close in terms of performance.
    Devs said they are going to copy exactly same BoP that is used in real life blancpain series hence in-game cars will have power and ballast(additional weight).
    I don't think they changed BoP in 1.0.7 as they already had data from the beginning hence IMO BoP is same as 1.0
    I could be wrong though they might have changed something between 1.0-1.0.7 but only if IRL BoP is changed.

Now,why you are slow in 1.0.7 is i think due to new tyre physics changes because many people including me are slower compared to 1.0.6. Car now have more understeer and it is more punishing than before IMO(also some people also noticed this). All this means that old setup preset are not optimum anymore.
    What i'm doing generally now is load aggressive setup and

*decreases rear wing by 1 (if it's 1 or less then maybe don't touch it)

*decrease rear toe by 2-5 clicks

*Increase front ride height by 1 click as cars are now bottoming out on front especially porsche.

4. So after chasing my ghost and getting bored I decided to read about setups. Was testing first at Barcelona my best time in the 488 was a 143.8 and can now do a 143.2 with the changes. I'm almost amazed how much better the car performs. Nurburgring too although only 154.2 so far but not a clean lap. Pretty sure I can do a much better lap. So performance is definitely better than before although still rarely race with it, prefer the Lambo. But for hotlapping the 488 has the best view in VR :).

Curious @Salvatore Amato do you use the Aggressive setup? Or have you made one?

Salvatore Amato likes this.
  5. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

yep 488 has better view but lamborghini is just more fun and generally fast car to drive.

6. I start from aggressive and change brake balance to 53.6.
    I always rase front to 57 mm.
    I always use 3 and 6 for tc and 6 abs.
    But that's not a pro approach.
    Now I'm studying deeply the setup world, while I'm away from the wheel.
    Let's see what will come next.

7. woah 53.6? ok I guess I'll try it. I read the PCDC Setup guide. It's a good read the only thing they don't cover is toe. I ended up changing a lot with the dampers. I made it so that it doesn't lean back so quickly when you press the gas to stop it from understeering.

8. emmm may you share it please :eek:?

9. Def

Def Gamer

Here's the link to a google drive folder with the PCDC (and others) guide.

10. BoinkTheBeaver

BoinkTheBeaver Simracer

Hey thanks for the update second display now showing stint time! Was missing that as no racelogic in car.

11. @Aristotelis
    for me this car is too much penalized.
    Or there are other cars that take advantage of extreme setups.
    Probably 488 default setup struggles.
    I don't know.
    Yesterday I managed to make a 47.0 in monza, of which I'm very proud.
    I did it to qualify for a league.
    In this prequaly there was only me with Ferrari, one audi, 20 lexus and 20 amg.
    15 people with amg or Lexus were ahead of me and the strongest ones did a 46.4.
    I don't know how, but I think there is something wrong with those cars: probably preload or bumpstops or whatever.
    I can improve by 2 tens, but that's the limit I think.
    Plus, it is very difficult to overtake.
    Plus, I see some people having stronger braking than my with Ferrari.
    I change gear at the right time, avoiding any lock. But their braking is stronger.
    How?
    Please tell me you are working around this for 2019 cars.

12. on the other hand thank you for the new setup in barca. marvelous

13. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I find it funny if you have a league that's so fixed on a few cars when there are way more competitive ones, the Ferrari is very close to the top too at nearly all tracks I have tried. Its almost like a regular public server where I purposefully choose a car others claim is not competitive then beat most if not all in the so called slow car. Get very quick drivers then you will need a top tier car to be competitive but there are at least 4 or 5 at all tracks.

Im sure someone could likely get top or close to top times in your leagues pre qualy running quite a few different cars. Also if your simply using default setup only you cant say your really close to the cars limits, setups are open. There aren't massive gains in setup but if you don't even understand the basics you cant assume others are using setup exploits or that your at the cars limit.

The funniest part is the Lexus is generally not the fastest car at any track I have tried it on yet your league seems to consider it is. Maybe one quick guy chose this and everyone else seemed to think it must be the car. The big advantage of ACC is you can have a mixed grid with competitive cars that can all get within a couple tenths at many tracks. Then racing wise they all have their own strengths and weaknesses and single lap pace isn't the most important thing at Monza assuming your doing an endurance race.

The Ferrari is great and maybe best out of Parabolica, it can easily enough draft past every other car in the field during a race.;)

deadmeat2k, Freddie Seng and chksix like this.
  14. Your assumptions are not well posed.

15. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Why not? If you have 42 people and 40 of them are in 2 cars and many of the other top tier cars havent even been used they obviously cant set a faster time.

If others can go faster in a car you say isnt possible to go faster in then maybe what your saying isnt exactly a fact but an assumption. ;)

16. Let's quit now this conversion.

17. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Why is nobody allowed to question your opinions or something? Your making assumptions in the post I quoted and why not give some info to allow others to test if they get the same results or something different.

Like what conditions are your times set in, then people can try and see if its true the Ferrari cant compete against other cars there.

I raced it and many other cars in ACC at Monza and came to completly different conclusions being quite competitive there in a few other cars.

Racing the Ferrari there I had no trouble setting pole laps or passing other cars, I havent tested in the latest build so will give it another run. Give some info and others can test this.

Maybe you just want to post something and ensure no discussion which seems rather odd and kind of the opposite of the point of an open forum discussion which you posted in. :rolleyes:

Freddie Seng likes this.
  18. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Using High ABS increases stopping distance, using high TC levels reduces acceleration so that covers your braking issues and trouble passing others.

Reduce these you will improve in both those areas and your laptimes. The car will also be less "penalized" ;)

19. your assumptions are wrong again. find someone else to troll.

20. Metzger

Metzger Racer

Post conditions and laptimes, so people can help and provide you with feedback. Otherwise your statement is useless and serve no purpose neither can lead to any valuable discussion.

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

Freddie Seng and martcerv like this.