1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

CARS The Ferrari 488 GT3

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Aristotelis, Jun 6, 2019.

1. surtic86

surtic86 Racer

I really love the F488 but im getting sick of pushing on the corners and everything and in the end someone comes easy at me on the straight :( think i need to switch the car....

Or are here some Setup Experts to tell me how i can improve that?

2. use tc1 3 and tc2 6 for the best compromise between speed and safety

3. deadmeat2k

deadmeat2k Racer

haha sorry man:rolleyes: I really need glasses - thought you had just quoted another answer in this thread - and not posting any answer at all. It will be helpful next time if you just write a little bit yourself as well though.

Guess I should stop reading this forum on my (apparently too small) mobile phone.

4. deadmeat2k

deadmeat2k Racer

I haven't tried what you suggest, but it goes against the advice given. To quote the quote (!) from @sps_for_race: "Driver and engineers feedback suggest that you go on par for both TCs. i.e. TC1 @3 and TC2@3 +/- 1".

Not sure exactly of the effect of what you suggest, but I am guessing the traction control will engage quite agressively in the wheel spin when it finally activates. Possibly excessive loss of acceleration is the result, but pure guesswork.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
  5. No no. have a try.
    Anyway if they should be used in pair, why two values?
    the fact of the pair was something kunos said, before they completed their tc logic.

Def likes this.
  6. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

Bit late but i will give my input hope it helps

Okay so just today i drove f488 on spa and yes indeed the car has quite a push on power (front doesn't follow) and on straights the speeds are low

BUT then i realised that the underbody aero of ferrari are by FAR the best in the game i.e this car has so much downforce just by diffuser the rear wing is there for show lol, so i decided to bully this stability provided by the car
    Try my setup ->>

•Load aggressive setup
    •Drop rear wing by 2 clicks
    •increase front bumpstop range by 1 click
    •decrease differential preload by 2 clicks or 1 click
    •TC1: 1 and TC2: 2 because i read online that the values of both TC1 and TC2 should not differ more than 1 i.e it is not recommended to do say TC1: 1 and TC2: 3
    Anyways this is personal choice but i would definitely not suggest going higher than TC1: 2 and TC2: 3

•ABS: 3

•lower front arb by 1 click

•brake ducts front:2 and rear :3 but i was playing on lower temperatures (maybe 22 or 23 degrees) so this setting depends on air and track temp.

Done and with this setup i was shocked that i was able to pull a 2:17:2 with ferrari !! exactly same time as my lamborghini.
    Edit: also top speeds after eau rouge were around 264-265 km/hr.

7. thanks to Wolff Mattuskha (I hope I wrote it right) I am starting to understand which is the optimal practice procedure to make good setups.
    I'm linking the video.

8. So the first thing to do is to get around 28 psi and tire temp between 80 and 100-.

Anytime you make a change, make some laps with CC rating on. once you have a all green lap, go to check the Tyre again.

Everything he says is gold

Tim Meuris likes this.
  9. deadmeat2k

deadmeat2k Racer

From the release notes of patch 1.1: 'Ferrari 2019 improvements'.

I does not say improved BOP like for a couple of other cars. Do anyone know what these improvements are about then? I had hoped for a BOP improvement for this car, but I guess that has not been part of the 2019 season IRL then.

10. I haven't tested it yet, but in the racedepartement interview Aris said better power management, probably for gearing. Better turbo management.

deadmeat2k likes this.
  11. Borbor

Borbor Racer

Aero adjustments, spring selection.

At least those are two areas I talked to Aris about.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

deadmeat2k likes this.
  12. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

Its BoP has been adjusted if i'm not wrong(i also asked david and he said BoP is different)
    I drove it today IMO i feel tiny bit more power (This is just personal observations could be true could be wrong)

deadmeat2k likes this.
  13. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

Is this in any way related to rear wing?
    Because to me in 1.0.10 it felt like car had extremely good stability even on low rear wing.
    Now idk rear wing setting feel more punishing and impactful ( I could be wrong though)

14. Borbor

Borbor Racer

ride heights and changes to aero balance

SimGuy_1 and deadmeat2k like this.
  15. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

@Aristotelis Could please you give us some info on BoP for 2019 ferrari?
    Is it little bit forgiving or more punishing ?

deadmeat2k likes this.
  16. rikirk

rikirk Racer

17. Axel Vogelsang

Axel Vogelsang Simracer

Is there a defferent wheelbase for sprint and endurance BoP on this car in 2019?
    Just watch the front wheel in the showroom and cycle through the different layouts of the 2019 488Gt3.

18. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Axel Vogelsang likes this.
  19. pastranario

pastranario Racer

Someone can how it works and that is TC2.

20. Coanda

Coanda Alien