1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

The Grand Tour Season 2 - 8th December. Trailer

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Quffy, Nov 4, 2017.

1. Quffy

Quffy Alien

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 194 – Grand Touring in the park Aug 29, 2020
    Chit Chat Room The Grand Tour - New Top Gear starts Nov 18th Sep 16, 2016
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Grand stand crowd Nov 29, 2020
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 191 - 70th Anniversary Formula 1 Grand Prix Challenge and dusk, in the land Aug 8, 2020
    Online Leagues / Championships room [AC/ACC: Virtual Grand Prix] Jan 19, 2020
    Online Leagues / Championships room [AC GPL Mod] Grand Prix Legends Grand Prix League, the return! (from January) Dec 17, 2018
    ACC Gameplay Could we ask for an option to reduce/turn off crowd on grandstands? Nov 2, 2018
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap #98 - Grand Prix Legend Sep 30, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Grand Prix Legends appreciation thread Mar 6, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Grand Prix Driver Feb 11, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Donington Park Grand Prix Circuit 1938 0.9 Sep 21, 2017
    Chit Chat Room 50's and older grand prix cars licensing Jul 6, 2017
    Chit Chat Room a grand AI update? May 10, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Grand Prix movie 50th Anniversary! Dec 21, 2016
    Chit Chat Room 1906 Le Mans Grand Prix Oct 8, 2016

3. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

I stopped watching the first season 4 episodes in, because it just wasn't very interesting or funny, but this trailer looks like they might have improved it, so I'll give it another shot. Thanks for posting this!

4. sacredaardvark

sacredaardvark Hardcore Simmer

It's Good News! Seems that Celebrity Brain Crash is out, as is The American.

Andrew_WOT, LeDude83 and Schnipp like this.
  5. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Good that the american lap is out, I couldn't stand that at all. Even the track they built isn't that interesting as they made the top gear track look for television.

I didn't mind the celebrity brain crash but is good that they will refresh the sketch idea for something new this season.

Hopefully all is well this season, I enjoyed the previous one, especially their Christmas two episode special.

St3fan likes this.
  6. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Looking forward to the 2nd season as well.

My 4 main issues with the 1st season I have/had:

- The American -> gone
    - Celeb Brain Crash -> gone or changed
    - some silly/overdone bits: just because you can swear more now and so doesn't mean you should do it as much and frequent as it was done in season 1, do it right at the appropriate moment; also some 'funny' bits were a bit too childish in humor, I expect a bit better humor from Brits
    - some experimental stuff they did, like the desert/army training camp thing (but yes, with new possibilities you might have to try new things and see what works and what doesn't)

So 2 things are off the list (for now) and on the other 2 I hope it was improved too.

DD_Friar and gandlers like this.
  7. Kaaarp

Kaaarp Racer

If they learn to shut up rather than constantly blathering over gorgeous engine sounds I may give it a watch.

On Kodi. Those t@s don't deserve my money.

8. gandlers

gandlers Hardcore Simmer

have to agree with schnipp there...

Hopefully this series wont make me cringe while watching it like the 1st series did.

Brain crash was funny the first time, mildly amusing second time and simply annoying thereafter.

The American, well he was just annoying from the beginning.

Schnipp likes this.
  9. LeiF

LeiF Alien

Indeed, it was quite obvious they didn't watch back the studio sections in between filming them, because surely if they had then those bits would not have continued.

Many on screen people afaik don't watch themselves back afterwards and that is understandable, but somebody could have told them how bad it was surely?!

gandlers likes this.
  10. Quffy

Quffy Alien

This clip was better than all "the american" laps in season 1. But possibly it won't be Webber doing this.

The videos they released in the last days are great while waiting for season 2 :)

marmagas, St3fan and Schnipp like this.
  11. St3fan

St3fan Alien

I didn't like The American section at all it was way too scripted and never actually funny. The celebrity brain clash was okay-ish considering all the drama with BBC, but a bit too repetitive.
    The special episode of the beach buggies was underwhelming too me. I wish for some special episode that really highlights the emotional aspect between driver and car, and freedom, and journey, like the TG Vietnam special and TG searching for the source of river Nile.

Possibly not Kimi Raikkonen either or that part of the show will resemble the silent Stig way too much :D

12. Vibe Style

Vibe Style Racer

Halfa Romeo :)

13. Vibe Style

Vibe Style Racer

14. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Spoiler ahead. ;) :p

OK, I'll put this in 2 segments, some general thoughts about the 1st episode and then some more specific stuff about it, so you can read what you want and what not.
    Thoughts:
    I enjoyed and liked this episode very much, reminded me of the good old TG.
    No strange experiments in this one, no childish jokes or overdoing stuff just for the sake of being able to, but it felt more genuine overall.
    Yeah, there was some of the 'typical' chats in the segments while driving or while they are together somewhere with some scripted/acted engagements, but not near as bad as it was in season 1 at some points.
    Along with quite some very good, well placed humor and jokes.

I hope they will continue on this path, IMO (one of) the best episodes in a long time.

Specific:

No American (not new, but yay), but also no fast lap at all. I certainly hope they will continue the hot lap with a new driver.

Celeb Brain Crash: gone, replaced with actual Celebs (well, sort of this time) who will go head to head on half tarmac, half gravel lap in a V6 Jaguar F-Type; it's no leaderboard, but about the head to head with guys from 2 countries; need to see if this will be different countries or maybe more Brits vs. America cause of the british hosts and american show (Amazon)

Main segment:
    The guys do a 'history, present, future' with driving an Aventador, hybrid Honda NSX and the electric Rimac Concept One in Switzerland.
    Yeah, they can't invent the wheel new every time, so you kind of know in which way this will go, but still very enjoyable, along with some of their typical behaviour. ;)

ears1991 and LeDude83 like this.
  15. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Thx @Schnipp for making a spoiler button - I don't want to read any opinions before watching - just enjoy the show :)

Absence of the American and the stupid running gag is already a great indicator for improvement. And damn that's a nice trailer! I love the song mucho and it's been well integrated with the video.

I'll try and watch it tonight.

Schnipp likes this.
  16. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Ha, I've skipped the trailer and the preview at the start of the episode, always did that on TG too in the past as I don't want to see what they will do, but be surprised once the show runs. :D

17. RS10

RS10 Simracer

It was mildly entertaining, best thing about this episode was
    the electric piece of sh!te burning down to ashes
    What i did not like is the general idea of comparing cars from such a wide price and power range which made this whole thing rather idiotic (185k vs 280k vs 1000k+ € and 581 vs 740 vs 1000+ hp) but everyone knows that this show isn't really about cars but about those three old lads poorly acting out a 'funny' script (just like the last few 'proper' seasons of top gear) - it's either that or i'm getting too old

18. iannixxenakis

iannixxenakis Hardcore Simmer

Deffo better than Season 1, more like old TG.

It was comfortable viewing, like putting on an old cardigan you're fond of but wouldn't want to be seen wearing out of the house.

Also Richard Hammond's general appearance is becoming something of a concern.

The visual similarities between him and Hasselhoff are alarming.

Perhaps he really is American after all.

Turk likes this.
  19. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Good to have them back I say!

OMG that croatian e car burned like a torch...
    Hefty crash Hammond.
    Good to know he’s ok...

20. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

Very nice episode for me.
    i like it, very old style andbritish humor.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  21. iannixxenakis

iannixxenakis Hardcore Simmer

Also can we get that Swiss hillclimb in AC?

Funny to hear May say it looked complicated when it's only about a mile long.

GT should try Trento next season.

Also, why did Hammond carry on past the finish line at speed? It's as if he didn't notice he'd gone over the line.