1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

MULTIPLAYER The multiplayer doors (start to) open today!

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Minolin, Nov 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tried different servers for some hours. I do a quick list of my experience

First server care were affected by severe warp even with low latency displayed. Quitted
    Second server crash just after the loading
    Then 3 or 4 servers very smooth without a single problem.
    Only my last server after like 1 hour most of the cars started to warp.

I did a really crappy test with a nice random guy. Me driving constant speed and the other behind bumped me lightly multiple times. Result I went insta 20-25 km/h faster. Need more coordinated tests
    105 FPS (locked in the game) stable almost all epic (shadows high), temporal AA. 1080p 8700k@4.5 980ti@1380. Basically like driving solo offlane

Chat for the first pass is ok but would be nice if it's persistent. Every time I go to the menu resets.
    Same for the players name. Every time I go to the menu the option in menu reset to always off.

For the first multiplayer pass I'm happy

2. LeiF

LeiF Alien

No crashes today, looking much better!

Any chance of a slider to filter by rain / night in the server browser? Every server in the list when I looked just now is clear weather, presumably daytime too, there probably aren't many people using non-optimum conditions so with the highly filtered list the people who do want to try different conditions won't be able to find the appropriate servers.

Ricky Reject and fabT like this.
  3. mikendrix

mikendrix Simracer

Yes it's something we don't talk often : the menus are really cool in ACC, and good music too.
    The black menus (especially in VR) are really relaxing.

Great work Kunos, imo it's pretty amazing to have MP so early in the development. And already many options, even for VR, I really appreciate it.
    And some sound improvements ? Yesssss ! :D

TheBoss and LeDude83 like this.
  4. earlyapex

earlyapex Hardcore Simmer

Today was the first time I have been able to get on a server. Everytime before was empty track and weird physics where it seems like the handbrake was stuck on or a Fatal Error. Impossible to drive.

Now in the version 0.33? I have, initially had a Fatal Error but afterwards got on a server. I got some cars with nice low 20 ping, others 1000. terrible warping present with them it seems to build up after a while massive lagging.
    I did notice a slightest brush with another car at any speed sends them off, yet is not noticed in FFB.

Plus some people just don't seem to care there is another car there???? see below. The ramming player car stability isn't affected plus the crazy collision physics on display. Oh and my session ended with a Fatal Error again when I was just sitting in the pits.

5. fabT

fabT Alien

Ok, but it's not actually wise to slow down like that almost on the racing line, especially on wet conditions.
    It's like calling for problems, for you and for others.

Move completely off the racing line when slowing down.
    Let people pass by safely.

Ricky Reject and Schnipp like this.
  6. Pretty sure that interaction is intended to be like this for now.
    Since it's the first MP build they thought that a car may be stuck in the middle of the track for whatever reason. So the "driving" car can still go and just "gently" tells to gtfo to the other :p
    Plus less physics calculations and packets to send to the clients, so easier to be managed

7. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

Went online for the first time this morning, every thing went well, nothing to report.
    Could not join any of the Paul Ricard server I was really interested in as they all show 24/24, so I joined a Misano server. Better lick next time.
    I found the driving online to fell exactly like offline. looking forward for some gentleman driver races in the future.
    As mention earlier a selector to avoid particular weather condition would be nice, as I have no interest in driving at night and/or in the wet, online, at this time.

8. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

After all, i almost prefer to have only practice sessions in mp, for now.
    I have that feeling of a preseason test, yes it seems like the preseason practices, where teams and drivers returns on track after the winter's stop. :)

I've had 1hour test and all was quite smooth. By far no warping or flying cars or any other trouble.

I just thought that safety rating was active in every month session, so practice also, but that isn't the case. @Minolin is a temporary choise or this will remain as it is now?

Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
  9. earlyapex

Duh, it was after a spin and a test showing a point and major collision issues!

10. lionbest

lionbest Racer

I was blind because of my VR, didn't see the Join button and thought that the red text meant I cannot join.

Thank you

p.g.49 likes this.
  11. lionbest

lionbest Racer

I'm not using the mirrors at max because of performance issues.

I believe that's what causes the cars behind me to disappear sometimes even though they are there: MP and SP.

Any tips for that?

mikendrix likes this.
  12. well... even at epic mirrors cars 50 meters behind you are in a parallel universe :oops:

13. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Thanks, that's a new one. I have a theory about this.

Yes sure. Although I'm not a fan of on/off filters: I'm not a fan of rain, so I would switch the filter to "without rain". But then there may be the one server with 7 of my friends online, perfectly matching competition levels and super clean - I wouldn't see it due to the stupid filter. No, I would want to set night and rain in my advanced preferences, so the list offers me what I want to race except it's *really* interesting. (I actually just forgot weight sliders for night and rain, they were planned)

Additionally I wanted to offer a mini-options panel directly in the server list page, where you can quickly edit preferences that can change on your mood - like night and rain. Possibly also tracks, but that again takes up lots of valuable UI space.
    Open to discussions and ideas here.

SA is not active in MP sessions?

14. earlyapex

no SA is not active in MP which is why you get rammers, by maybe it's just as well with all the warping. On the other hand, if punishment was handed out by reducing stats, it could reduce it.

15. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

Uhh, honestly I haven't see nothing about SA.
    If I'm not total drunk, there was any SA on the server

16. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

idea maybe for the server browser... we get server list top 20-30 servers that match out Weights we chose.. and then under those we get option load others and when you click that we get all the avilable servers that are hosted for ACC?

17. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

nah in the end you will receive all the servers except many empty/inactive ones with comparable configuration. The idea is just to let the system sort in a way that you don't feel the need to completely filter out stuff in order to make the whole thing transparent, so the interesting ones should be on top.

Empty servers have to be in the list so they can be populated, but there is no need to display 300x Misano, dry, 14:00. So I'll try to forcibly offer a combination of important conditions per track (including race types and session durations), so you always have the full array of possibilities.

Deatroy, Dookie, Rolz and 1 other person like this.
  18. mikendrix

mikendrix Simracer

Ingame it's ACC 0.3.3
    It's a new hotfix ?

19. mikendrix

mikendrix Simracer

I spent 30min on MP, Misano by night with the BMW, that was epic !
    No problem, except the mirrors : I also set them to low and cars just behind didn't appear at all.
    I take over a car, and it just disappear behind me.
    Then it's rather difficult to tell where it is, I try to avoid collision as much as possible but when my only cue is the sound of the car and a little red arrow... :(

lionbest likes this.
  20. anything-but

anything-but Guest