1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

The official "NEWS FROM THE SOCIAL NETWORKS" thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by AC Support, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Has an update been pushed to AC? Steam downloaded something but I hadn't time to check the thing

2. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Setup really matters, can make seconds difference. Using RSR isn't dumb, didn't mean "tryharding" as bad thing. But not what he seemed to be doing, more of first impression drive

F430_458_F12 likes this.
  3. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

4. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

5. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

Solyom...oh for God's sake, I think it's both imo. Drivers pay attention to little things, no? Trackside objects are part of immersion, and as I said, he is probably familiar with the way the Nurburgring GP appears now...I did not say the Kunos scan was not accurate either, I said to him and here that it represents an earlier iteration of the track. Who knows what Nicki means anyway, we are all speculating as users do, why not allow us that privilege and stop with the having to pin everyone down about every little thing they say? :rolleyes:

6. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

7. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

OMG its ghastly. what the, what even, what, i, WHAT, what the actual

They went full on GT vision ugliness i think. what a mess.

Also I dont think the interior design is as optimized as it could be at least in terms of compared to other modern GT cars, looks like an interior from 7 or so years ago.

8. Automotive Supremacy

Automotive Supremacy Hardcore Simmer

That LC just keeps on giving me this "Hello Bimmer, my old friend". Looks like a good match to the new M8 GTE. It's not a V10 like the one before, but still very cool.

mantasisg 2 likes this.
  9. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

I don't know how the heck this slipped past me, as the event occurred ~4 months ago. I certainly don't remember anyone talking about it in the Chit Chat Forum and I am usually current with these "general interest" threads.

So, just yesterday I finally saw the Porsche 911 GT2 RS World Record Nordschleife Lap Time video. First off...Holy Jesus. But these competitions between manufacturers is already getting beyond silly...and probably dangerous too. It looks like they ripped the passenger seat out of this car, unless it's angled in a way I couldn't see it...and they installed a full on racing bucket seat. :rolleyes: Still, it has technically shattered the Lamborghini Huracan Performante record as the Porsche finished its lap in 6 minutes 47.3 seconds. Ridiculous.

grandepunto, Ischemica, grat and 3 others like this.
  10. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

I think Nurburgring records are getting more and more nonsense. For sure it's awesome to watch the machines going full throttle on the Ring, but creating machines that exhale passion is what actually matters in a road car. Not to say that electric cars will beat any other ICE car on this kind of records sooner rather than later...

Preparing the field for the GT1 rules...

Christopher Low likes this.
  11. I completely agree. Road cars aren't about breaking world land speed records. They are about style, sound, handling, and comfort.

SlimCharles likes this.
  12. aphidgod

aphidgod Alien

Yes, high-end road cars are about nothing but ephemeral, unquantifiable, subjective, junior-marketing-manager-grade ad fluff - any attempt to show how the things actually perform... that's nonsense.

10-4. Understood. I'm going to enjoy going back in 20 years (trying to model cars in AC6) using all of the data on styling and passion I can find.

ALB123 and chksix like this.
  13. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

Not sure if you got the point. To clarify it, I really dont criticize that manufacturers show the performance of their cars on the Ring, I criticize that they focus on creating cars with the aim of beating records.

By doing that, you have to discard tools of joy like manual transmission, low aero, NA engines... and at the end, the ICE. Because if the aim is to pursuit records, very soon the electric motor is going to be much better than the ICE.

14. Serge M

Serge M Alien

A lot of what you say is very subjective though. Paddle shifted transmissions bring me plenty of joy as do turbos past and present. As I’m sure high g cornering slowed by downforce for some

LChaves likes this.
  15. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

ShredatorFIN, mESCx, Maxidyne and 6 others like this.
  16. aphidgod

aphidgod Alien

I assure you that I, beyond any shadow of a doubt, utterly and completely get the point in its fullest entirety. I just think it's bull****.

17. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

I'm kind of amazed the tyres lasted that long, despite the surface being watered.

18. I'm kind of amazed at some of the responses on this page.

mms and SlimCharles like this.
  19. AccAkut

AccAkut Alien

Probably special order from Conti, Michelin or somewhere. With the right cheque you can get all sorts of rubber (this could be some very hard truck compound) in any size you need.

20. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

o_O

Are you having a bad day?

True. It can be subjective. I love turbos and high downforce too. Although IMO the pinacle of a passionate driving machine are cars like 250 GTO, 911 R, Carrera GT, Gallardo Balboni... etc