1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
  2. FOR ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE: If you report issues with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder!
  3. If your game executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, then run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether.

The official "NEWS FROM THE SOCIAL NETWORKS" thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by AC Support, Aug 10, 2016.

1. @xel

@xel Racer

That anyone is also me, yup.

dodge33cymru likes this.
  2. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Now I looked again, and indeed it looks very odd ergonomically. In this video, it looks to me as the seat is centered and aligned with the wheel.

At around 0:30 he sits in the cockpit. Can hear the engine sounds pretty well in that video too, actually. While not seeing much outside

EDIT: Hmm, someone posted that on the Facebook page:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
  3. AC Support

AC Support Official Support Staff Member KS Dev Team

It works here, anyway I've updated the plugin to the latest version. Try again please.

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk

4. @xel

@xel Racer

Doesn't seem to work for me anyway, unfortunately.

5. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Yep just tried, network error

[​IMG]

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

6. AC Support

AC Support Official Support Staff Member KS Dev Team

I'll check it later. Let's back in topic now, in case we will open a different thread. :)

liakjim and @xel like this.
  7. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

tripl3 ? Triple three or three? And there's classic Monza with the banked part, right?

8. grat

grat Simracer

Good point, Guido. And Monza cold be raced in three different ways (street, anello di velocità, and combined), albeit one is already available in the 60's version...

9. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

Still can't say that i see the point in that controller vs wheel video. A lot of conspiracy theory people came out of nowhere to claim the physics have been downgraded for consoles.

AC doesn't have any place on the 'simcade' market, there are a lot of games that do that thing much better. The video that shows pretty much no difference between gamepad and the wheel is not something that screams "hardcore sim", so i'm not sure who it was intended to..

It's hard to explain to tinfoilers that it's not the physics that are simplified but that there is a lot of magic (and some hidden assists?) going on in order for cars to be drivable with a limited controller such as gamepad..

10. some1pl

some1pl Alien

This video is for the opposite audience, those who have heard that AC is a "hardcore sim" and think that they shouldn't touch the game without owning a wheel, which is not that popular accessory for console owners. Casual players.
    Those who still don't think AC is hardcore enough, won't be convinced by any video anyway.

11. AC_RAF

AC_RAF Hardcore Simmer

12. TeamRSRGermany

TeamRSRGermany Hardcore Simmer

please delet it

13. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Hidden assists? If you turn off the option to adjust assists depending on controller and turn off all assists/set to factory there shouldn't be any hidden assists in AC (PC at least).

14. liakjim

liakjim Alien

There are no hidden assists for pad users. I have learnt this the hard way.
    Only assists that cannot be removed are for mouse/keyboard users.

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

LeDude83 likes this.
  15. AC_RAF

AC_RAF Hardcore Simmer

The point is, and that's certainly why Boris has said that, that the gamepad driver is as fast as the Steering wheel one!

As everybody says that it's better to play with a wheel, some can imagine that the gamepad driver is assisted!
    But I simply think that the guy behind the Steering wheel is not very quick and did lots of mistakes :)
    So easy to compete with a gamepad :)

16. pmc

pmc Hardcore Simmer

could see how twitchy the steering movements were using gamepad in the video, want smoother control get a wheel but gamepad works well as it should for those that do not have a wheel, somefolk don't like being beaten by gamepad users I take it :)

17. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

My gamepad driving with custom wheel setup is so much smoother than the driving in this video :p No conspiracy but Kunos certainly knows themselves that it can be set up/driven even better. I haven't tested back to back but I'd say I'm ~1 % slower with the pad right now - could be completely on par with wheel if I practiced more.
    If I was them I'd pick a kick-*** gamepad driver (that's not me ;)) and have him do a lap on track x and then match that time with the wheel. Add the subtitles that pad and wheel had the same assists turned on and you have a nice message.

18. dermonty

dermonty Hardcore Simmer

pika4u, AC_RAF, grat and 5 others like this.
  19. Can we expect any new McLaren's? About to take delivery of one and would love to have it in-game. Either 650S or 675LT please?

20. dermonty

dermonty Hardcore Simmer

Seria17hri11er, Freddie Seng and nate like this.