1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

CARS The Porsche 991 GT3 R

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Aristotelis, Jun 24, 2019.

1. Borbor

Borbor Racer

You guys realize Porsche owns just over 50% of manthey?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

James P and dek like this.
  2. dek

dek Racer

That would be awesome. Btw Luhr competet in the 24h Race on Sunday. He was on Team Iron Force by Ring Police and won its class.

2Lame2Aime likes this.
  3. Borbor

Borbor Racer

They needed the rear diffuser because afa what we were told, the new splitter is closer to the rsr splitter than the gen1 splitter, and it is super sensitive. I didnt have a lot of time in the gen1, but even this new car it's not the easiest of cars for the drivers and the setup window is still fairly narrow.

We still run as much camber as we can get away with, front and rear esp on the pirellis. On michelins they do run slightly less, but the setup philosophies between a Gt3R running in imsa and a Blancpain gt3R is also slightly different mainly due to regulations.

The kinematics option we have with the new car is also a huge plus.

chksix, dek, menos | M6 and 2 others like this.
  4. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

One question->>
    What do you mean by "terminal power on understeer"?
    I also saw that in audi post.i would like to know what the word "terminal" means in this context.

chksix likes this.
  5. [ATF]Shanti

[ATF]Shanti Simracer

usual, one of the things you learn by having to deal with drivers during the years, is to take feedback into perspective. When a driver complains that there is no grip, you look at its telemetry data and you see a lower grip by 0.02Gs... But that's their job. They complain to make the car faster to win and that's what the engineers are searching for. Also the engineers described me the car as "terminal oversteer at entry, terminal understeer at exit". You need to know engineering language to understand that by terminal they intend that after all is done in setup, this are the traits the car will showcase. Indeed to go fast you setup the car and it will oversteer at entry and understeer at exit. So does the Lambo even more, but the engineer and the driver do not care for comparisons. They care about what their car does and how to fix it. They won't say "it oversteers a little bit and understeers a tiny bit...". They say, this is our range, we need to make it better.

Copied from aris in the Audi R8 thread (can't manage to link it here)
    @SimGuy_1

chksix likes this.
  6. [ATF]Shanti

[ATF]Shanti Simracer

Okok should read more exactly... Can I delete my post?

7. James P

James P Simracer

Wow its great to see someone have real world experience of both cars. Would you say the new car drives more like a mid engined beast with the chsnge in engine placement or does it still feel very rear bias?

Its great to see Dinamic and Rowe competitive in the gen 2's this season, the gen 2 car at Paul Ricard recently was very slow down the straights, just like the old car but seemed extremely good in the tighter sector 1 and 3's during the race.

8. Borbor

Borbor Racer

New car drive like mid engined? Hellll no.

I wonder who's ever steered a wagon with the horse pushing the wagon tbh, frigging madness. But hey, I don't make the puzzle, I just get tossed the box and say "solve it".

Capitán WeedFox likes this.
  9. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

Thank you for the efforts but i've already read that.I understood it to a certain degree but not fully.
    Like for ex->>Terminal oversteer on entry and understeer on exit is used to go fast? and as i have been driving R8 around brands hatch i rarely see any understeer on exit and if it occurs then it is because i got on gas to early but whenever this happens i'm not fast at all which contradicts what is said in above post.

10. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

Does new car solve problems caused by fuel load changes?

11. Borbor

Borbor Racer

That's the inherent character of the car, loose on entry, push on exit.

What is most interesting to me is not only hearing the r8 gt3 drivers telling us that, but also the gt4 guys and they are completely different cars.

12. Borbor

Borbor Racer

By the time we get to that light, we are hanging on to the rears and managing it basically. It's always not trying to burn the rears off, that's the nature of this car. Doesn't matter if it's the R or the cup.

menos | M6 likes this.
  13. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

While i can understand a little loose entry can help with rotation but how is understeer is any good on exit?
    I would rather have little oversteer.

14. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

So as the front goes lighter car starts oversteering correct?
    Fine by me understeer is my enemy lol.

15. Borbor

Borbor Racer

It's not, that's the problem. But one causes the other anyway.

16. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

The Porsche works team in IMSA is run by CORE autosport.

17. menos | M6

menos | M6 Hardcore Simmer

When first articles about the 991 II GT3-R where published I read that the change to the new double wishbone front suspension was majorly done to allow for the first time to make use of wider legal tires (the McPherson strut geometry of the 911 up to then would simply not allow any wider front tires than used on the 2016 GT3-R).

Do you have any data regarding this?
    Do you have any feedback from teams and engineers regarding new challenges in getting heat into the even wider tires?
    Dies the new geometry allow for more freedom of setup to allow for more aggressive setups to get heat into the front tires?
    Do the 2019 Blancpain regs allow for the Porsche teams to use the maximum front tire width the 991 II front end is designed for now?

So many questions ;-)

Also thanks a lot for finally digging into the 991 GT3-R article - I was waiting for that since v1.0 release.
    I have bought ACC EXCLUSIVELY to drive the 991 and hopefully soon the 991 II (seriously I drive none of the other cars).

Did you find that with the new more complex tire, suspension and aero complexities of ACC it is easier to replicate characteristics of the Porsche vs. what was possible with AC ?
    Did you learn anything about the Porsche due to more data, different approaches to replicating it's multilink rear suspension, etc that makes the newer ACC Porsche 991 GT3-R 2016 more accurate / realistic than in AC ?
    Did you do a comparison of the AC vs ACC Porsche and did the comparison reveal any surprises?

I would really love to learn more about that aspect ;-)

Hkraft300 and dek like this.
  18. dek

dek Racer

Core runs it, yes. But Cars are built in Meuspath.

19. dek

dek Racer

Do you come from the cup, or do you jump right into the GT3?

How does the rear tire managing go forward with the new wider fronts.

Isn't it better to run less camber on front compared to the MC Person due its camber curve.

Most the issue with MC Person is that you have to run more camber because it's not changing so much as you can realize with a 4 Link. It also has to do with rollcenters.

20. trutya

trutya Simracer

for me it's okay, i always make diff preload and rear toe-in higher to get more understeer on the exits.
    i like how stable the Porsche is on the exits. but i don't like the nervous behaviour in fast corners. but overall it's not as bad as it's written :)

romandevision likes this.