1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

CARS The Porsche 991 GT3 R

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Aristotelis, Jun 24, 2019.

1. @Aristotelis Can you give me a hint regarding hotlap setup? I'm really not sure about the camber and how much to go with the porsche. I like the car, but I'm still missing 1 second to the fastest guys in the hotlap event, and i'm sure it's setup related....
    In General: Can i use much more camber in hotlapping than in a normal race?

2. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I drive the Audi 95% of the time however I thought it's time for a change. I am really enjoy driving the 911.2 and learning how to unlock the speed. Does this car have better than average fuel economy..? I raced a 30 min MP race at Suzuka whilst running qually map 8 and it only used 50lt of fuel. I thought that was pretty good.

3. Joe5991

Joe5991 Gamer

aris yesterday said in his stream that he next time would do a Porsche, so I think he will explain some of that then... I always use the Porsche but can’t say that fuel economy is different from the suggested fuel per lap

Coanda likes this.
  4. A-Jin

A-Jin Racer

What does this mean ? @Aristotelis

5. eRacer212

eRacer212 Racer

Has this something to do with the fact that always after 6 laps the car tries to kill me? And is not only this one. I’m testing at Nürburgring and every car, after 6 laps exactly, loses the tail and I crash.

Is this a bug or a real life physics thing?

6. [ATF]Shanti

[ATF]Shanti Simracer

Tire wear?
    Those have phases of grip and you feel that.. Pushing a fresh tire six laps long and loose car may gives a hint that you push tire over grip limit

7. eRacer212

eRacer212 Racer

I see.
    The only car that didn't spin in the 6th lap was the Bentley.
    So, how many laps can you get of a fresh set of tyres then (in the porsche and in general)

8. trutya

trutya Simracer

i guess it's because the difference of front and rear tyre wear. you should check the values after 10-ish laps.
    your setup or driving style might take more out of rear tyres than fronts. bentley is a front-heavy car so maybe that balances this out.

eRacer212 likes this.
  9. [ATF]Shanti

[ATF]Shanti Simracer

as @trutya says, also environment influence tire life... Some tracksurfaces eat tires more then others,design of track, (Barcelona, Suzuka vs Bathurst, Brands Hatch), weather, temperatures...

eRacer212 likes this.
  10. trutya

trutya Simracer

ho do you make this car work at Spa?
    to be honest, it's the 911-II, what i'm referring to, but it's so horrible around here.
    with default aggressive setup, it kinda turns, but i don't have top speed at all. i'm like 10km/h slower into blanchimont than other cars. if i reduce the rear wing and keep the aero balance adjusting the ride heights and splitter, then it's just not turning in the fast corners, especially i'm struggling on the exits. Pouhon, Stavelot, Blanchimont.
    i'm realy stuck here, no idea where to go. i can't get below 2:21 with half tank of fuel (with other cars like Lambo, Honda, BMW i can do 19s)

11. Preckur

Preckur Rookie

Hey mate, the Porsche has become to my personal favorite car. Its the most stable car for 60min or more races and very consistent. U can drive the same pace with full tank like empty tank. But imo it's not the best quali car, cuz it's getting tricky with less fuel load. U have to play a bit with the brake bias, use more backwards when driving with more fuel.
    Just checkout my settings (made with motec) at 19:30 minutes:

Can't even get close to my best spa lap in bmw m6 2:16:3.
    Best in the 911 was a flat 2:18. But iam faster and more consistent in race mode. That's what counts!

Gupise and trutya like this.
  12. Hkraft300

Hkraft300 Rookie

I'd assume it means less load on front tyres (weight distribution and aero?) keeps them below temp.