1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

DOCS The Server Admin Handbook thread

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Minolin, Jun 10, 2019.

1. @Minolin,

Good news,

I refined the tests, reproducing the procedures that worked well yesterday. And the online exchange of pilots came back to work properly.

Test yesterday:
    Server Configuration: E_3h
    Sessions: P = 60 > Q= 15> R= 30
    Second Driver swap did not work on FP.
    Swap drivers not tested on Q.
    Swap drivers worked on R.

Today's # 1 Test:
    Sessions: Q= 1> R = 30
    Second Swap Drivers did not work on Q.
    Second Swap Drivers did not work on R.

Today's Test # 2:
    Sessions: P= 60 > Q= 15 > R= 30
    Second Driver swap did not work on FP.
    Swap drivers worked in Q.
    Swap drivers worked on R.

So I realized that if you have the free practice session the Swap drivers works in the qualifying and the race.

Just the bugs already mentioned. But it is possible to change drivers several times.

Other add-on bugs:

- When changing the tire compound, it visually changes to the rider leaves the car (for example dry> wet). But for the driver who gets the car it remains dry. Although the pressures (PSI) are changed.
    - Speed limiter (even showing active on the dashboard of the car) is turned off for the driver who receives the car.
    - spectator driver does not see the windshield wiper work while the other driver controls the car (always);
    - During the driver swap, if you have set the tire changed from dry to wet, the other driver receives the car with a dry tire (always);
    - During a driver swap, the other driver received the car with broken suspension or the 4 tires pierced. We did not find out what it was. The driver could not leave the pits (happened 1x).
    - If the driver who is in the car leaves the server, the driver swap fails if the spectator driver does not leave and return as well.
    - driver spactator still crash when click in menu SETUP.

D.Jankovic and Arbuzzz like this.
  2. cestcomi

cestcomi Racer

Did you try this to test if driver swap in FP work ?:
    P10+P60+Q15+R30

From the logic that I see, I am curious to know if the driver swap (will not work in the FP1) will work in the FP2 ?

3. kro

kro Simracer

FIXED ! thanks to @cestcome :) In my case on my PC simply building the entrylist.json in note pad left it a txt file= entrylist.json.txt , I had to rename it using view/file extentions to entrylist.json & now its working as advertised !

cestcomi likes this.
  4. David_Lespes

David_Lespes Rookie

I'd like to configure a race weekend like this :
    Day 1 : practice 2H, 10h00
    Day 2 : qualif 1, 10mn, 10h00
    Day 2 : race 1, 30mn, 14h00
    Day 3 : practice 5mn (drivers pause), 9h00
    Day 3 : qualif 2, 10mn, 11h00
    Day 3 : race 2, 30mn, 15h00

Is there any way to do it in the same event ?

On another theme, is there a way to force a specific car for ANY driver joining the server ? Without booking known drivers.

It would be very nice for Cup races like Huracan ST and Porsche Carrera Cup

Envoyé de mon LG-H870 en utilisant Tapatalk

5. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

No, sorry. In the background I'm working on setting up different events; though I'm more busy with fixing bugs lately.
    As BP simulator, most of our gameplay logic strictly goes with either the Sprint or Endurance rulesets, and there you don't mix up FP/Q/R even with multiple occasions.

Once we have multiple events, you could realize this by having just two in sequence (the 2nd would start at day 3 then), but I'm not sure if we would keep the weekend simulation to one weekend. But I'll try to spend an option so you can simulate one complete weekend with different events (if it doesn't lead to complications I cannot see atm).

No, and it's highly complicated especially considering the Quickjoin button. But we need to discuss classes in MP at least when we bring the 2019 cars, as I would expect they run a different BoP and likely may be quicker (or worse, possibly future DLCs with even more different car categories). Nothing decided yet.
    But the core problem is that you may find an implementation where you pick any car, and Quickjoin tries to locate only servers that match this car type.. Then we need to be good at communicating what options you have; e.g. how many Porsche Cup / 2018 servers are active and you may want to join.

Edit/Disclaimer:
    And no, I know nothing about DLC plans, but personally I hope to find the new SRO GT2 class in ACC one day, although we don't even know how they work out IRL yet. The concept sounds super interesting and they may be better to drive for us "mortals", which may be good and popular in MP

6. baakstaff

baakstaff Racer

With the server hotfix for 1.0.5 (from here: https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...0-5-updated-to-live.58949/page-5#post-1071545), maxClientsOverride still doesn't seem to work (or at least doesn't report correctly); passworded server, maxClients set to 40 and maxClientsOverride set to 25, the server still says

"Overriding maxClients 40 (configuration.json) to 30 (settings.json)"

Searching for the server in the server list also shows it as having 30 open slots.

7. that is an answer! thank you

8. Guenni_USR

Guenni_USR Rookie

We added the line "dumpLeaderboards": 1 in our MP server settings.json and created a directory "results" in the main server directory and even in the cfg directory (to get sure.) But there are no lap times written when finishing Practice or Quali Sessions. Whats going wrong?

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
  9. cestcomi

cestcomi Racer

Directory "results" in the main server directory only (next to "cfg" and "log")
    Copy/past your settings.json file here and we can verify everything is ok (without the passwords).
    You could have forgot a "," somewhere or it is missing.
    Everything work for us ;-)

10. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

mh if I recall correctly, the latest server should create the folders on its own -no?

11. Guenni_USR

Guenni_USR Rookie

@cestcomi , that hint was quiet good. With a magnifying glass i found another sign in front of the wort dumpLeaderboards in the handbbook 2

Where can I find it on the keyboard? No quotation marks. Is it the button next Backspace? High or Low?
    First of all, thnx

"´´dumpLeaderboards" (low)
    "``dumpLeaderboards" (high)

12. cestcomi

cestcomi Racer

Ah, yes I remember now. It's an error in the handbook ^^

This is a correct settings.json file:
    Code:
    {
        "serverName": "the server name",
        "adminPassword": "the admin password",
        "trackMedalsRequirement": 0,
        "safetyRatingRequirement": -1,
        "racecraftRatingRequirement": -1,
        "password": "optionnal server password",
        "spectatorSlots": 2,
        "spectatorPassword": "the spectator password",
        "dumpLeaderboards": 1,
        "isRaceLocked": 0,
        "configVersion": 1
    }

13. Guenni_USR

Guenni_USR Rookie

hmm....thats ours

{
    "serverName": "the server name",
    "adminPassword": "the admin PW",
    "trackMedalsRequirement": -1,
    "safetyRatingRequirement": -1,
    "racecraftRatingRequirement": -1,
    "password": "password optional",
    "dumpLeaderboards": 1,
    "spectatorSlots": 2,
    "spectatorPassword": "password",
    "configVersion": 1
    }

14. Crt_Jokinnen

Crt_Jokinnen Racer

no veo donde incluir esto en el server
    - Server admins can assign a free formation lap (without limiter) via /manual start during the wait time.
    - Private servers can set up a full formation lap via "shortFormationLap": 0 in the settings.json.

15. Crt_Jokinnen

Crt_Jokinnen Racer

I do not see where to include this in the server

- Server admins can assign a free formation lap (without limiter) via /manual start during the wait time.
    - Private servers can set up a full formation lap via "shortFormationLap": 0 in the settings.json.

16. Crt_Jokinnen

Crt_Jokinnen Racer

or something I do wrong or the servers do not apply the weather correctly
    I put ambient temperature 40º
    55º track temperature
    0.0 clouds
    0.0 rain
    0 variable weather
    and I always get asphalt temperature 20º at 7pm and 30º at 2pm
    also appear clouds

if I put variable weather in 0.1 and clouds in 0.1 and 30º ambient temperature and 40º asphalt, the same thing keeps coming up
    it does not matter what poonga to that the climate is the one that has the server prefixed ????

17. the_token

the_token Rookie

Not sure it fixes your weather issue but you put weatherRandomness to 0.1 though it is a value in the interval [0-7] (see server manual)

18. laszlo barzo

laszlo barzo Racer

Ambient and track temperatures are base values. You can't directly set these conditions.
    Try lower start temperatures.

19. sheepy1977

sheepy1977 Rookie

well,This bug still exists in the latest 1.05 dedicated server, I do hope you guys will fix it in next release.

20. Crt_Jokinnen

Crt_Jokinnen Racer

Thanks to the answers, but in Misano the race of the Blancpain on Sunday was with a very high track temperature even reaching almost 60 degrees.
    If I do not leave high temperature in the configuration as I can reflect the realism of the race in this realistic simulator?

By the way, you should ask that you could record more than 1 hour of race in replay to be able to, in addition to making a good recording or race summary, review the races of the private championships. Between the waiting time of the start of the session, plus the training lap and the waiting time for the participants to finish to have the classification (it is unfortunate that we do not have a final classification of the race and time in conditions and not with the file json that is illegible), there is no way to have a recording with the race start

NomeKitoTestorbo likes this.