1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

DOCS The Server Admin Handbook thread

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Minolin, Jun 10, 2019.

1. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

Can a server admin change BoP ?
    If so Can a server admin change BoP from scratch(i.e completely new BoP)or is it on top of what devs already implemented?

2. DiRTyDRiVER

DiRTyDRiVER Hardcore Simmer

At the moment I do not see that this is necessary. Kunos does a good job there.
    Or do you want to turn the Cup Porsche into a GT3 car?

sps_for_race likes this.
  3. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

It necessary for me. No i don't want to turn cup car into gt3 car that not possible just with bop. i want to adjust bop on gt3 cars for better balance

Last edited: Sep 1, 2019
  4. martcerv

martcerv Alien

This is one feature that really I hope is locked away for private servers only, in general I hope most advanced settings will be allowed on public servers at least high SA level ones. But if people can adjust BOP on cars this should be specifically private servers as the way cars are balanced is really done quite well, cant imagine anything worse then joining a random public server and finding someone has changed the cars performance to whatever they think is better then what kunos and SRO can manage.

sps_for_race likes this.
  5. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

I just want it for myself on my server.
    Sure original balance is good but there is room for improvements easily.
    Look at first 3 rounds of SRO esports only some cars are good other cars are not fast at all and i can definitely improve that if given the option.
    i just want it for my private server and if allowed i want full abilities to control BoP.

6. Steven Vranch

Steven Vranch Rookie

Hi guys,

I am building a tool to analyse race results from the json files generated on the server.

I am on the third iteration now:

First I built a simple parser in javascript. You copy and paste the json into a form field, it parses the results and returns them in a formatted table. Admins at our forum do this and screenshot it and post to the race threads to share results. Very simple, but also lots of copy and pasting, screenshotting and whatnot for our admins - yuck.

Second attempt I rebuilt this using PHP and mysql so that you can copy and paste json into a form field and it will parse the results and save into a DB. I got this working fine, results going into a DB and proof of concept is good (presentation and analysis need a lot more work but conceptually works good). But copy and pasting....yuck.

Now I want to eliminate all of the copy and paste stuff and allow the following functionality:

create a race (give it a user defined name ("Thursday fun race") etc) > upload all relevant json files to server (practice session, Q1, Q2, R1 and R2 and so on) > results get parsed and go into DB > lots of analysis possible by track, car, date and so on and on > generate a link to post in [media] tags at our forum where the race discussions happen as well (showing just the combined results of one race, who won, got best lap and so on)

So for an interested party, they can go to the site and check out past races, see who has the fastest lap on any track etc.

For our admins, they can upload the results and get a link to post in the forum - much more efficient use of their (very generously donated) time in managing our community.

There are lots of limitations with the current json data, lack of API etc but I that is all accepted and fine for now. If/when a more direct method of getting the data becomes available (or if it exists, known to me!) I can convert to that.

However - I am stuck at the moment. The problem is that when uploading these json files directly, PHP cannot decode the json data using json_decode().

Copy and pasting into a form field works great - but not by direct uploading the file, loading it into a string using file_get_contents() and trying to decode it using json_decode().

The returned value is NULL.

I have validated the json using this tool: https://www.freeformatter.com/json-validator.html and directly uploading - it triggers errors and the json is not valid. Copy and paste it in - and it is valid, as I expected because this way is working with both php and javascript.

So I am thinking, OK must be BOM in the UTF8 somehow. I tried various methods of removing this using substr(), preg_replace etc - but no joy. The error reported using json_last_error_msg(); is either "SYNTAX_ERROR" (when trimming out too many characters using substr() thus breaking json rules) or "Control character error, possibly incorrectly encoded" which I think is something to do with BOM or....some other unknown (invisible to normal text editor) character/string in the file???

I tried json_encode() before trying to decode it - and something happens that allows me to at least get a returned value, but totally not as you would expected. I get random single characters from the file or 0's.

Has anyone else tried to do this and worked out a way around it?

7. kro

kro Simracer

One of our members is trying for the same thing and he's close .. IDK how it all works but when I showed him this from the server handbook : III.2 Configuration files The server is exclusively configured via JSON files in UTF16-LE format. he almost lost his mind ..lol he just kept saying why? why ?over & over ..lol he also has it parsing and getting a url

He's made some way to convert it to UTF8 I think ..? lol heres is what we get from uploading our race & q Files
    acc result pic1.jpg

Steven Vranch and steevee like this.
  8. steevee

steevee Racer

That is FUGGING ace...... just what we need for our leagues...... well done 'One of your members' lol

martcerv and kro like this.
  9. DiRTyDRiVER

DiRTyDRiVER Hardcore Simmer

10. Steven Vranch

Steven Vranch Rookie

Wow guys thank you so much. I really appreciate your replies and help!

I had never considered the files could be in any other format than UTF8 - OMG why?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I guess I should RTFM like they say!

I will try and work out a way to convert UTF16 to UTF8 and work a solution with this new information...if I fail again I will ask Joe Watchman, but I'll try and solve it myself first.

Thanks again guys, amazing!

kro likes this.
  11. Steven Vranch

Steven Vranch Rookie

AND for anyone who just wants the solution:

$json = iconv('UTF-16', 'UTF-8', $json);

$jsonAsAssocArray = json_decode($json, true);

So damn easy once you know what you are looking for!!!

kro likes this.
  12. ChrisRacki

ChrisRacki Gamer

Wutzmann likes this.
  13. icemanzp

icemanzp Simracer

Is it possible to get driver rating info by the steam id? maybe, small API in feature?..

14. kro

kro Simracer

seeing the The driver ratings would be nice ..

15. martcerv

martcerv Alien

For @Minolin I do hope you can reconsider limiting many features behind private servers. For example we are trying to run open longer scheduled races using strict restrictions and even running some servers in Singapore (instead of Australia) raising all our local pings to allow others to join without getting over our manually enforced ping limit.

However running longer races really need actual blancpain rules to be enforced such as stint limits, min stop time, a pit window if we wanted to run 1 hr sprint format, tyre set limits etc. Things like stop escape to pits or dq from session woukd be perfect for public servers too as it will stop people stopping on track after a qualy lap mid session to get a new set of tyres without driving back to the pit.

Currently any longer races are a massive advantage to the few cars with bigger fuel tanks like Bentley and Aston. Also the Bentley uses the least amount of fuel at max engine power and remains very competitive, a car like the Porsche which uses the most fuel, maybe a bug as I heard in blancpain 2018 race coverage at Paul ricard it used the least.

So the cars using less fuel can take much shorter stops or even go 90 minutes without a stop saving a minute or more at most tracks by not taking any stop. Over 2hr longer races if weather isnt forcing stops then these cars just get a bigger and bigger advantage the longer any race is.

All thats really needed is UI to clearly inform the people in a server what is needed in the race. Be it max stint length, no refueling for a sprint race but pit window etc.

Locking these actual Blancpain rules behind private servers is a bit odd as I am sure for example many would like to do 1 hr sprint rafe format races in high SA servers if at preset scheduled times. Much the same as a league but also open to others that meet SA and ping limits of the server that dont necessarily have to join the actual league season.

We could then even run a full league season thats open to extras via high restriction limits to maybe help fill grids if we dont get 30 starters in our actual season.

I would also like driver swaps to be available in open servers, as we may have some people that dont want to run full distance races on their own and nust do the shorter stints.

You dont need open users to be able to make teams as they can race on their own as will quite a few league people but allowong swaps is good for those that dont want to do longer races most others do.

If all these features are locked away from public servers then your basically limiting it to short sprint races that isnt going to help public server rac8ng get more and better racers to use it.

At that point the ratings would become mostly useless as all better drivers will be locked away in orivate servers and leagues when the systems already in can do a good job keeping the option to league style racing without needing to join leagues for thise that cant commit to full seasons. It can help boost visbility of leagues and thei numbers and also give better race options to good clean casual racers.

Darcy Callai Junior and icemanzp like this.
  16. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

> All thats really needed is UI to clearly inform the people in a server what is needed in the race. Be it max stint length, no refueling for a sprint race but pit window etc.

That's my only point in the first place. Don't waste your breath to convince me how cool it would be to have all of this, I know and agree (well at least on most features).
    New SP stuff for the pit MFD is pretty good, if we additionally get that to the "welcome" screen in MP so everyone knows what is expected we're there.

Edit:
    > I would also like driver swaps to be available in open servers, as we may have some people that dont want to run full distance races on their own and nust do the shorter stints.

That works, given the entry list entries.

Darcy Callai Junior and martcerv like this.
  17. martcerv

martcerv Alien

UI wise is where it currently makes it a bit tricky for new users in general.

There are many features that arent self explanatory or documented in any way in game. Getting the key parts of the blog posts in game would be a good step along with some form of tutorial to explain things like how to make a pit stop, serve a penalty etc.

If somehow more info can be posted in game I think it would help greatly the user experiance for all in game. More info regarding future sessions could show session lengths with start and end times and a basic weather forecast with min max temps and chance of rain. Also any specific session rules, its not much different in private servers or public ones just in private servers its put onto the guys in the community to explain many things that should be explained in game to help all new users get more from the game.

moneypizzle likes this.
  18. hosenmatz

hosenmatz Gamer

I have an entrylist with 4 Drivers for our Server.
    All 4 are recognised correctly via their SteamID i assume, because all 4 can join the Server even if the don't match the rating requirements and all 4 are automatically recognised as admins.

The problem is, if the server is full, neither of us can join it.
    It's a Server with 24 slots and i reduced the "maxClients" to 20 in the configuration file to keep 4 Slots reserved for us which aren't publicly shown.
    that's obviously wrong, but i don't understand what is meant by:

"Entry list entries will always bypass Rating Requirements, and will be able to join servers even if they are full
    (as long as we have pit slots left, and the driver number is smaller than configuration.json/ maxClients)."

How much Pit Slots are there, is that only Track related?
    And how can a Server be full when at the same time the driver number is smaller than the maxClients Value ?

I'm a bit confused, can someone please shed some light on this situation ?

Thank you !

greets
    Marco

19. C@rbone

C@rbone Rookie

I guess it's already been postponed, but I haven't seen it here.
    Frequently, we notice that the ID steam are missing in the log files. The PLayerID field is empty.
    This prevents any management of the race by our championship manager unless they are manually added to the files.

[​IMG]
    Without this bug, our application would have ended.
    Moreover, when it comes to posting a race without career management, it does it very well;)

[​IMG]
    upload photos

20. ChrisRacki

ChrisRacki Gamer

I can confirm that Steam IDs are missing but I have not found a pattern. For the same user its there on one race but missing on another.

For RaceApp I implemented a fallback algorithm to match up user names from their profile.