1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

DOCS The Server Admin Handbook thread

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Minolin, Jun 10, 2019.

1. If you don't use the driver override with a multi-driver car the server will complain ( on the console ) & refuse to load the entry list. Ran into that last week.

Arotho likes this.
  2. #TeamRace! #DriverSwap
    Hi There!
    When making a team race with driver swaps, how are the resources of my servers limited and managed?
    If I have a 24 slot server, can 24 cars race there even in a driver-swap race, or only 12 as the spectating drivers use the slots as well?

Az én iPhone készülékemről küldve a Tapatalk segítségével

3. Arotho

Arotho Gamer

Depends on how the server is set up. Either there are 24 slots in total which means drivers + specs, or there are 24 driver slots with 0 spectators or there are 24 driver slots with an unknown amount of specs. If u don't host the server yourself you can either ask the provider, test it ir look into the configuration files if you have access to them.

4. You can limit cars seperately to drivers - set maxCarSlots to whatever car limit you want, and then maxConnections to number of drivers+spectators. If you have 24 cars & 24 connections you won't let anyone else in to swap into a car, afaik.

Any improvements in weather variation, now we've had some time since 1.6?

5. icemanzp

icemanzp Simracer

as for me, even worse now.. I found some values that worked somehow before, after update rain unpredictable again. Again we had thunderstorm, all over the race today..

Darcy Callai Junior likes this.
  6. #snajdan

#snajdan Gamer

yep, we were running an 12H endurance event on spa (2x time progression for 24h simulation) with these settings :

https://prnt.sc/vs47xy

Rain : 0,4
    Cloud: 0,2
    Randomness: 0,5
    simracerWeatherConditions: 0

Practice / Warmup Session before we moved into the race session: COMPLETE DRY! for 2,5 hours
    Race Session over 12 hours: COMPLETE DRY without any clouds, only for around 30-60 minutes there was a cloudy spot

its so hard to find settings to play with :'(

Speedy.Mark.Hun likes this.
  7. [​IMG]
    Well, that’s a problem. I have a rented server with max connection of 40 and max carslots of 40.
    We’re preparing a team endurance race and we are at 21 teams sofar.

8. Arotho

Arotho Gamer

That means 40 connections maximum. If someone only connects as a spectator for the whole races, that means 39 connections left. 21 cars = 18 connections left for other drivers to join and perform swaps etc. also means not all teams can have 2 connections the whole time.

9. What is the current max clients / max car slots for an ACC server?
    I've just upgraded my server to 60 slots, but I see only 50 in the game.

10. Okay, I've found the answer. It's all clear now.
    All tracks have their own max car slots, and that is limiting the "party" :)

11. DenveR0076

DenveR0076 Gamer

Hi
    I have a g-portal server for ACC on ps4.
    Can anybody help me ? :)
    I can't find a file "assistRules.json".

How to add this file to Configuration Files?

There is a file "custom.json". If I change something in the "custom.json" file, e.g. assists, will the server read it?

I would like to extend the settings with those specified in the custom.json file, but adding lines of code to existing files does not work.

Sorry for my english [​IMG]

12. De Breuk

De Breuk Racer

How would I setup an event.json that includes 2 races?
    Let's say I want: FP 1, Q 1, Race 1 & Race 2

Do I just add another race session to the json?
    If possible, what determines the grid for race 2 if I do this?

13. #snajdan

#snajdan Gamer

You can make it FP1 - Q1 - R1 - FP2 - Q2 - R2 etc.

14. [​IMG]
    Hi There!
    While we have a 50slot limit on the track (Silverstone in this case) can 60 people in a driver swap race join? 30 of those will be special spectators until jumping in the cars. (I have a server with max connection nr at 60)
    Thanks, Mark

15. #Max Total Driving Time
    I can't get around with it: how should we set it?
    I'm trying to set it to 2,5 hours
    • if I set it to 9000 (thinking it's sec) - it shows 7,5 hour max in the game
    • if I set it to 150 (thinging it's minutes) - it shows 7,5 minutes max in the game

Attached Files:

16. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

From what I read in the Handbook is should be the same unit as driverStintTimeSec => seconds, even though it is not mentioned explicitly.
    How long is your race set for?

17. It will be 4 hours, so 240 minutes.
    What I've found as a solution is to set the "MaxDrivingTime" to 3000. This results 2,5 hours of max driving time.
    But 3000 sec is 50 minutes... so I don't understand. If I set it to 2,5 hours (150 minutes) it results in 7,5 hours of driving time.
    I've also attached the actual "Event Rules.json" screenshot and "Event.json" screenshot. Have a look at it.

What I've found as a solutions is session details.png

Attached Files:

18. Arotho

Arotho Gamer

create a new text file. name it assistRules.json and upload it onto the server (inside cfg folder).
    Code:
    {
      "stabilityControlLevelMax": 0,
      "disableAutosteer": 1,
      "disableIdealLine": 1, 
      "disableAutoPitLimiter": 0,
      "disableAutoGear": 0,
      "disableAutoClutch": 0,
      "disableAutoEngineStart": 0,
      "disableAutoWiper": 0,
      "disableAutoLights": 0
    }

For all disableXxxx Settings:
    0 means free choice
    1 restricts the setting to not useable

For stabilityControl: 0-100 depending on how much assist u want to allow

19. Arotho

Arotho Gamer

Yes, if u have 60 max connections u can have 30 cars with 2 drivers connected the whole time.

Max Total Driving Time is set as seconds. 9000 seconds = 150 minutes = 2.5 hours
    However this will get influenced by maxDriversCount which is 3 in your case. A team that has 3 drivers, each driver would be allowed to race 2.5 hours.
    If one team only has 1 or 2 drivers it will get scaled, that is why your single driver team has a max driving time of 7.5 hours.

Takeaways:
    Set Max Total Driving Time to the value one single driver is allowed to drive.
    Set maxDriversCount to the maximum amount of drivers a team can have.
    Game scales the rest.

Speedy.Mark.Hun and AndyK70 like this.
  20. DenveR0076

DenveR0076 Gamer

Thanks for help.
    Unfortunately, I do not have access to the ps4 server except via www on the g-portal website. I cannot upload the file (inside cfg folder). :(