1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

DOCS The Server Admin Handbook thread

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Minolin, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Rolz

Rolz Alien

seeing client close the connection for me means it was initiated over at the client side...
    I'm not saying your internet provider for the server but the clients internet provider... there could be some traffic routing issue from them to you that causes the disconnect.
    if you know anyone well enough that is having the issue maybe start with asking them to do a long extended ping to your server IP.
    See if there are any "request timed out" messages over the course of an hour? pipe to a txt file might be easier
    Also possibly get them to check is there are network disconnect messages in their event logs at the time when they bailed out of the game?

2. icemanzp

icemanzp Simracer

i could do this. but these people are form different cities and even different countries, so.. And if you can see, they're all disconnected in the same moment each after other. I can't imagine that it could be coincidence

And i even don't know what write to report)) The server is working, all resources are more than enough..Yeah some guys are disconnected, but most part are not, so server didn't drop.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2021
  3. Same here. I've been through AWS, Azure, Google and other local companies.

Today I don't even use a VM. I have a physical machine inside the data center exclusively for ACC (AMD 3.9gh processor with 12 cores, 64gb of RAM, and 1gb of internet connection).

And there was no improvement in disconnections for the drivers.

And the worst are complaints as if it was a problem with the league's server.

Disconnections are normal in online games. I've been playing simulators online since 1998. But there really is something strange about these disconnects. You run tracert tests to check for packet loss between user and server and everything is fine.

sps_for_race likes this.
  4. Rolz

Rolz Alien

I'm pretty confident it's not ur server, the joys of troubleshooting networking issues... all depends on the paths people's carrier decides to take to the server hosting location, and any issues they potentially might have...
    Remember they want to do it as cheaply as possible... ;)

a year or 2 ago I was at one point trying to host an ACC server in Singapore (I'm in Australia) to get some more Asian involvement and possibly some eastern Euro drivers too... annoyingly my Australian internet provider was routing all their international traffic through their international hub in Hong Kong so I was hitting my Singapore server with almost 200ms ping... which is about the same as me hitting the West coast of the US...
    My workaround was using a VPN to use the Western Australian link to Singapore and that got me back down to 120ms ping... so yeah that dream didn't last too long as it was too much of a PITA for me to do that...

5. ttux

ttux Rookie

Hopefully posting in the right place. I am trying to get my ACC server to work as I'd like but unfortunately I am not sure if it's now possible. I have setup a website where I can configure the default settings for the server. It generates 6 config for 6 events (current one + next 5 events). At every hour past 30mn, the server restarts picking the next config and generating a new one. Rain/track is picked randomly. The issue I have is that when server is empty, the time doesn't pass. So if I set practice to 10mn then qualifying 15mn and race 20mn, server starts lets say at 16:30. The server is empty, someone joins at 16:55 then the practice session starts when it should already be the qualifying session almost ending. As the server will restart for the next event at 17:30 it will basically cut that event in the middle. Is it possible to do what I want where it behaves as if there is always a client connected to the server and therefore time / session pass?

Also, on a different is there a way to post messages to the chat for the clients that are connected to the server? I'd like to be able to post for example that next event will be track X, with weather Y, etc... as well as some details about the server.

6. Rolz

Rolz Alien

not possible... been an issue since the start... doesn't work like how AC used to be... happily would cycle empty through PQR

another feature is if you leave server running say set it to start Qual at 8am... leave it running for a few hours and then someone jumps in the qual start time now is way later on in the day and the only way to reset is either everyone jumps out of the server and rejoins for qual to reset to 8am or server admin restart server...

and as far as I'm aware, unless u join as driver/spectator you can't post messages in chat...

7. ttux

ttux Rookie

Thanks for the reply, no one has figured a way to make the server believes someone is connected? Sending some particular TCP/UDP packets? I saw a post about when acc server running on linux with wine didn't see users disconnected and so considered they were still there which means it didn't reset session.

Also I read in the handbook that supposedly the config can be swapped and it would change the event? But only thing I found to work is replace the config files and restart the server. Is there something where it's possible to replace the json files and it picks them up automatically without restarting the server?

8. Rolz

Rolz Alien

after 3yrs anything like this would be well and truly documented by now... :)

9. ttux

ttux Rookie

I have a strange problem, in my event.json I have for example track = monza_2020 but when I start the server it picks another track like barcelona_2020

In the logs I can see:
    I have attached the event.json and the current/event.txt which is being created.

Any idea?

Thank you.

Attached Files:

10. ttux

ttux Rookie

I changed encoding to UTF16-LE and set metaData to same value as track and it seems to have sorted it out.

Rolz likes this.
  11. Thomas Fun

Thomas Fun Simracer

Are you using randomize track when empty?

12. ttux

ttux Rookie

It happened again, it picked snetterton_2020 instead of kyalami_2020. It happens when server starts. It restarts every hour. I don't use randomize track when empty. I have attached the settings.json (I replaced server name and admin pwd by ...)

Attached Files:

13. Rolz

Rolz Alien

you seem to have more spaces in you file than mine... this is mine
    upload_2021-11-15_6-57-33.png

this is yours

upload_2021-11-15_6-58-2.png

I would recommend using this for easy cfg file creation

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/acc-dedicated-server-gui.32034/

14. mister dog

mister dog Alien

Is weathermatrix 1.5.8 obsolete by any chance? We can't go off it anymore atm as the predictions seem all wrong.

15. Rolz

Rolz Alien

it's always been just a lucky dip... I gave up yrs ago trying to get any measure of predictability with the weather... but then hats off to Kunos for simulating the total unpredictable nature of weather... :D

mister dog likes this.
  16. mister dog

mister dog Alien

Say that again, we set it according to the excel so it would give us 70% medium rain and 0% heavy and it gave us a monsoon. Then reverted to another setting with a mix of light and medium rain instead with 0% chance of dry and both practice and the race were bone dry so it screwed us over having worked on wet setups during Quali (where it did actually rain).

Weathermatrix to the garbage bin! :D

17. VELOCIPEDE

VELOCIPEDE Racer

regarding races with 2 or 3 drivers racing in a team on a car, one information please: we know that the driver who enters the server first will be the one to start the race, but during free practice and qualification the drivers can swap the car? Thank you

18. Rolz

Rolz Alien

yeah we've done it before... generally not a fan of the &swap command as I'm not 100% confident in it when we once did that and we had a crash and couldn't rejoin... we were lucky that admins had to restart server for another matter so we could then join...

19. VELOCIPEDE

VELOCIPEDE Racer

an updated server admin handbook PDF for the latest 1.8?

20. Please! URGENT!!!!!!

mister dog likes this.