1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

The two kind of fans (peace is needed)

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by mkotechno, Jul 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mkotechno

mkotechno Simracer

There are two kind of fans populating the forums and following the game progress; the two are very different, but ultimately wants the same result: the game being a success. (otherwise they would not be here anymore).

The first group is thankful for what the game is, appreciate that the devs are working a lot, and tries to minimize the gravity of the current issues, because they are afraid that if the issues are magnified and spread to potential new players, then the game will never gain enough momentum and fail.
    [This is the equivalent of a loving mother.]

The second group is very critical with the game, always demand more, submits many bugs and feature requests (and gets piss off when ignored). They maximize the current issues because they want the game being the best possible game ASAP, otherwise they are afraid the game will be missing the opportunity window, and people will move on.
    [This is the equivalent of a strict father]

The first group calls the second "haters", and the second calls the first "fanboys".

But in the end both groups are needed, like everything in life needs balance. <insert yin and yan, and other pseudoscientific references here>

So lets stop hating each other, stop the namecalling and passive-agressiveness, and let's just hope together than the game is a success, in peace, respecting each other.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Troubleshooting Any kind of frame limiter or VSYNC will cause ACC to crash, but image is unstable without it Jul 4, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Kind of new to AC, I have a question about RSR... Aug 14, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Spectator mode works! Kind of.. Oct 9, 2020
    ACC Gameplay Pitting in this game is kind of broken. Jul 12, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Should be nice to have this kind of HUD Jun 6, 2020
    ACC User Interface All kind of bug with pit MFD Feb 16, 2020
    ACC Physics All Porsche cars are kind of twitchy (in terms of control) compared to the other cars Feb 5, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer How to set just a kind of car? Nov 5, 2019
    ACC Physics Dear Kunos!Kindly provide steering range information for each car in ACC. Aug 10, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Another MATCHMAKING thread, kinda.. May 15, 2019
    ACC General Discussions What kind of online would you like in ACC? Oct 6, 2018
    Chit Chat Room app that makes the controller thumbstick work kind of like a wheel Jun 30, 2018
    Chit Chat Room New tool... kind of... Dec 14, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Triple screen racing . What are your specs? What kind of experience do you get from it? Dec 1, 2017
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues 3D kind of applied to menus & apps Apr 1, 2016

3. I have been doing this forum thing for years, I dont have many problems. I rarely quote anyone, I just post what I want and move along. I dont consider myself a fanboy or hater, but from my perspective one is as bad as the other I would rather not deal with ether or so I dont.

4. Very well thought out post there and totally agree.

I would probably be in the 'father' camp but I really like ACC and as you say want it to be a success but the 'mother' types really need to stop dumbing down the actual issues and misinformation, the game does have a lot of issues that need resolving before it is a finished product, yes it is playable at the core but that is about it.

I have been a 'mother' type on other sims and defended it to a point but when a 'father' type brings up a valid point then it should be listened to and not blindly defended by the 'mother' types and jump all over them, some issues cannot be defended whichever way you look at it.

Good post OP.

5. vortex19

vortex19 Simracer

But if someone simply lists all the things that they think are wrong with the game (usually with no constructive ideas about to resolve them) without ever talking about the good features (and there are plenty of them), that's probably more likely to drive away potential customers. ACC is not perfect, but it's certainly not nearly as bad as some make it out to be.

Romneyb, GroteBakkes, jaxx_za and 2 others like this.
  6. ACC is definitely the best simulator on the market, without a doubt, and once all the problems have been solved it will become the point of reference. Since for me it is fantastic, light years from the "ancient" AC, I try to be as critical as possible but in a constructive way, trying to find the hair in the egg and help devs as much as possible. The negative criticisms for their own sake in my opinion are of no use.

7. Strawberry

Strawberry Racer

Second group is more like an abusive, alcoholic father. The "children," which I guess are the devs in this idiotic analogy lol, need to send him to jail because they don't need any more abuse, and the loving mothers don't want to be upset anymore.

chksix likes this.
  8. I think potential customers should see both the negative and the positive so that it gives them an informed choice to purchase, such as the removal of VR support on the Steam page now gives VR users a choice of whether to buy or not as they didn't have that before, transparency is the best option to minimise the negative remarks as people will now what they are getting into before purchasing the sim.

9. And those are the sort of comments that fuel the arguments between the 'parents', you know there a lot of alcoholic mothers out there and statistically mothers are more likely to abuse their children than the fathers ;-)

10. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

This subject really not that complicated,... there is nothing wrong with posts about an issue with ACC,... but when one feels the need to have those posts include childish, non constructive comments, then it simply becomes a venue for those who have the need to mouth off, without fear of one on one reprisal.

This is a negative result of the internet, enabling those who finally now have a medium to be idiots and combative, without worrying about the REAL LIFE consequences,...being put back in their place, such as it is.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
  11. PaulPunkGTX

PaulPunkGTX Gamer

Good idea with this thread. I hope that everyone understands it and that we can have a better time around here.

12. Max Doubt

Max Doubt Racer

There's a third group also who only ever trash the game and take every opportunity to do so. This group is a very small minority and includes the OP, who would like to portray itself as being in the 'strict father' camp with many other concerned contributors.
    The 'abusive uncles' would be more appropriate for the handful of detrimental members, including the OP. They aren't 1 of 2 kinds at all, don't be deluded by a well thought out justification disguised as an olive branch.

13. Radfahrer

Radfahrer Hardcore Simmer

Then there is a 4th group of people : those that voice their opinion in a clinical way, attach logs and provide substantial info/background for the perceived issue .

This group of people is the one that is actually what all of us should be emulating at all times when trying to improve anything .

Romneyb, GroteBakkes, chksix and 3 others like this.
  14. Sentry87

Sentry87 Gamer

I'm just here to follow the progress of the game. It runs well on my system (be it I'm only on single screen). The cars feel great, sound is awesome, and graphics are beautiful. However there are too many features missing for me to fully enjoy the game besides hot lapping atm. Simracing604's video was a necessary evil to be honest the game has great potential but needs addressing, especially with developer communications which has been rectified lately.

15. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Such philosophical and inspiring words by the guru. Once again more dribble by the OP. Whilst this time your not regurgitating your same negative message over and over you are now now lumping everyone into two categories and telling everyone to play nice which I find ironic as you have been relentlessly stirring the pot and slagging off the community, the development team and ACC in general for months. The funny thing is, you think you and your pals are these big positive contributors and what is needed to make sure ACC will be success because you don't have faith in what you call "fanboys" as you believe they are starry-eyed and not pushing the devs hard enough. The devs already know whats up on every level.

You are so full of yourself!

Lets look at some facts and I'm not even a major contributor. Most of your activity has been spent submitting negative trash talk in the General Discussions forum. Way to go. I guess if ACC is a success I will have you to thank for all your hard work :rolleyes:

ACC is already a success, without you and without me. Come back to reality boy...

acc_threads.jpg

Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
  16. menos | M6

menos | M6 Hardcore Simmer

@Mods why is this thread in the ACC specific discussion forum?

This is clearly part of an ongoing attention seeking argument without substance, none of which of any interest to people who visit the forum to take part in a discussion about ACC.
    It becomes frankly a little annoying to have to wade through personal attitudes to find conversations actually about ACC.

There is still a Chit Chat forum in the AC section of the forum. This thread is Chit Chat and it may be good to either move it there so people who are not interested in wasting their time with such petty arguments to avoid such threads or make the old Chit Chat section a global part of the forum.

Please also think about new visitors to the forum and what impression they get when seeing the forum for the first time with all the childish arguments about your sim vs. my sim, about repeatedly beating dead horses of what features are still missing (we know) and how people feel offended that ACC had been released as v1.0 (we get it).

The great posts about engineering, about new features of ACC that have never been before in any sim, the information about current state of development, the helpful posts by people who share tutorials, ... all that can be easily lost within the childish pickles like this thread here.

Please consider to keep the ACC dedicated forums more focused and provide a playground for people who enjoy such threads as this elsewhere.

Romneyb, GroteBakkes, chksix and 2 others like this.
  17. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

There are specific rules in this forum, I have posted them repeatedly and the OP likes to be above them, he has been warned . Also great how every weekend we can't even relax with our families because the forum needs attention.

This forum last week, was full of life with driving tips, technical analysis, bugs reporting, observations and proposals.
    In less than 3 days, 3 threads talking about nothing and general hating, namecalling, are getting all the attention. So last warning to the community.
    For the ones that do care about sims, and if you like devs intervention here, when you see someone asking for attention, just report to the devs/mods and we will take care of it. Simple as that. If you keep doing such a mess, answering everytime someones makes a post bait, we will be forced to close the whole generic forum and make it just a strict support forum.

Thread closed

Dookie, AurusCE, warth0g and 15 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.