1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

The Viper ACR is officially hunting a Nurburgring laptime

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Kristaps, Jul 19, 2017.

1. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Dodge Viper (rally driving) Jul 10, 2018
    Screens & Videos Dodge Viper RT/10 | NFS Mar 29, 2018
    Chit Chat Room 7:01 - The Story of Viper's Return to the Green Hell FULL DOCUMENTARY (2018) Feb 10, 2018
    Suggestions Viper Racing Cam Jul 8, 2016
    Online Leagues / Championships room Sdg sunday league season 4 - viper cup Jul 4, 2015
    3D car models Dodge viper srt-10 coupe May 7, 2015
    Liveries Urd venon (viper) fictional mobil 1 haas automation livery Feb 12, 2015
    Liveries Dodge viper gts sonic allstars (venom urd_egt mod) Dec 11, 2014
    Liveries Released / egt mod / dodge viper oreca team by fear factor 08.10.2014 Oct 7, 2014
    ACC Multiplayer Communicating with accServer.exe (previously acRemoteServerUDP) Mar 14, 2024
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [ACC][PC][GT3] ACRL ACC Sprint Season 8 Jun 5, 2023
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [ACC][PC][GT3] ACRL 6h Nurburgring | 6th May Apr 25, 2023
    Online Leagues / Championships room [AC][DTM] ACRL 90's DTM Season Jul 25, 2022
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [PC] All Across Racing League | F1, ACC and more | Fridays @ 20.30 PM CET | Open Applications | Apr 19, 2022
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Line across screens Mar 3, 2022

3. Berry

Berry Alien

Lol, reminds me of 2011, new GT2 RS and Corvette ZR1 will probably go for the same record.

4. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

I am rooting for the Viper, but I would probably never buy it if I had the cash, it's a bit too heavy and not enough hard core

5. Radfahrer

Radfahrer Hardcore Simmer

So the USA finally managed to build a car that goes around corners ?
    Horray ...
    :p

6. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

I have no doubt it will beat the hypercars, its downforce and suspension are fantastic. Do wonder how it will fair againest the new gt2 rs, i reckon the dodge will win

7. arthur666

arthur666 Alien

I guess I really don't know what "hard core" means. :rolleyes:

8. Has A/C and a full leather interior #posh

:p

9. Mogster

Mogster Alien

As a road car, Im not sure how you can describe this as not "hardcore"...

arthur666 likes this.
  10. martcerv

martcerv Alien

American cars could always do this, the issue was with track design. They needed solid concrete walls to assist the turning at speed and also be strong enough to hold up against the overweight american muscle + driver combo.

evil_overlord and Berry like this.
  11. Berry

Berry Alien

Really? Have you seen the traction on that thing? :D
    I'd rather see Sport Auto do a group test to be honest.ACR vs GT2 RS vs Huracan Perf vs McLaren 720S (maybe the new ZR1 as well?)

12. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

It smashed the hypers on a lot of tracks. I think it will win that being said im a porsche fan so thats what im gunning for.

13. arthur666

arthur666 Alien

I saw two doing some shakedown driving last year, driving with other cars on track. It was downright frightening seeing them run with the usuals. Like someone had turned loose 2 GTD cars in an unassuming trackday.

14. Berry

Berry Alien

Yeah, it's quite impressive, I'd really love to try it in AC, apparently a GT3 RS feels tame compared to it, and that car feels better than any other street car in AC, by miles.
    Also, I think we'll see quite a wave of sub 7 minute supercars and hardcore sportcars. Heck, the normal 911 GT3 does a 7:12, do you really need anything faster than that? :D

15. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

16. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

It's a handful.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
    arthur666 and Kristaps like this.
  17. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

Way more downforce and more race ready suspension yet its 10 seconds behind in the Huracan. Oh I know what the difference is, I could see the tyres screeching as they were hitting the limits of their grip threshold.

Wonder why I couldnt hear that on the Huracan onboards, theres no sound dampening.

psshhh

18. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

We'll see. I totally agree on the tyres part but I have no way to know for sure so I won't jump to conclusions. The lap of the Viper could have been better, I'm fairly sure they will get a better one out of it when they come back for a second attempt in August and the car is no doubt capable to go under 7 minutes. Theoretically the Viper ACR should be well suited for the Nordschleife with tons of downforce (but also drag) and lots of torque all across the powerband - but a lot depends on how well the driver and car can put the power down. And it's still a manual, let's not forget. As for aero, we don't know how well the ALA system works in reality so it might well be that the Huracán has by comparison much less drag for the downforce it produces.

With the upcoming GT2 RS time potentially beating Lamborghini's time (there's some clues alluding to it although it seems unlikely, we'll see) what would you do then, blame Porsche as well?

19. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

Yes I would depending on the evidence on the onboards, the lambo onboard was really odd, there were many areas that time could be made up, easily could have been into the high 40s. After watching a lot of onboards its quite easy to tell when a driver is holding back or pushing like their life depended on it.

The other evidence is that once the aventador was taken to other tracks way slower cars smashed it in lap times, GT3 RSs were beating it in some cases. Hell take it in assetto corsa and the same thing happens.

Its too shady for me

But now im doubting every nurburgring time its gotten too political and there isnt any proper governing system to make sure some sillyness isnt happening.

Kristaps likes this.
  20. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Can't take real world track records too seriously, they're not scientific testing, lots of factors are at play. Even with a governing system you still have to account for track conditions that can change wildly on the Nordschleife. It'd ensure that dubious tyres wouldn't be an issue though, yeah.

Some technical (claimed) specs comparison as baseline (ignoring electronic systems these cars have):[​IMG]

(ignore the msrp, didn't check if they include tax. And weight distribution for the GT2 is a typo, should be 39/61)

21. Berry

Berry Alien

At least Porsche's put in the hands of regular testers are not 20s slower than the official record, -cough- Lamborghini :).
    I think the ACR might actually have too much downforce for the Nordschleife, but they know that as well, running a more relaxed setup might help them, I have no doubt this thing can go a LOT under 7 minutes, as will the GT2 RS.The Huracan's lap is too sketchy for me, even for a Nurburgring record, even the AMG GT R was running on the most extreme compound Sport Cup 2 (almost slick tyres), there's too much discrepancy in what each manufacturer uses.

Kristaps likes this.