1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 There's one kerb @ Nords that kills GT3-class AI cars every single race (videos included).

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Mauler_77, Jan 28, 2017.

1. Mauler_77

Mauler_77 Racer

As the videos show, there is one particular kerb at this track which causes the AI cars to crash every single race. They all run over it and spin in the same way, then crash and teleport back to the pits to end their race. I can restart the race and it will happen again. The yellow flag pops up so I know it's going to happen. Other classes do hit the same kerb, but I've only seen the GT3/2 cars actually crash because of it. Does this happen to anyone else?

Please, devs, can you look into the AI racing line or other parameters which would stop this from happening, as it ruins every single GT3 race at Nords for me, and as I say, other cars do hit this same kerb, I just haven't noticed them crash yet. And I guess I'll also have to open a ticket with 505 support, so that's what I'll do later. Thanks

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Controls & Peripherals There's some way to ran SimHUb Shake it in ACC? Feb 5, 2020
    ACC General Discussions How do you know when there's no more room for improvement? Dec 15, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer There's no server API yet right? May 14, 2019
    ACC General Discussions every there's another car my cpu is below 1.00 May 10, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Could the AI stop pushing if there's someone in front, please? Mar 11, 2019
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds I've just bought the game and on start up there's an error message. Jul 16, 2018
    XBox One Discussions AC best sim on console yet, but there's still something to do. Sep 2, 2016
    Physics Bugs & Issues AI stop when there's a car on the side of the track Jul 15, 2016
    Physics Bugs & Issues There's no auto-clutch on official cobra Aug 9, 2015
    Physics Bugs & Issues There's something strange in the 4c (and elises probably) Aug 5, 2015
    ACC Audio Kerb sounds Nov 2, 2022
    ACC Physics Shared memory - KerbVibration not "active" Mar 14, 2022
    ACC Physics Alpine GT4 strange reaction to kerbs Jul 17, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Thrustmaster TX kerb feel (or lack therof) Jun 26, 2020
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Grass clipping onto track and kerbs on Zandvoort Mar 14, 2020

3. LilSki

LilSki Alien

This was something I was able to fix on the PC side. I did submit my changes to a dev. Hopefully at some point the consoles get the fix (PC doesn't have an official fix yet either). It is a fairly known issue though.

It can be tough to see but this is an image of the line. You can see why they have issues. This is obviously on the PC as we can open an AI app to display the line. But by the looks of it the console has the same exact line looking at your videos.
    Screenshot_ks_porsche_911_gt3_r_2016_ks_nordschleife_24-12-116-10-40-7.jpg

4. Mauler_77

Mauler_77 Racer

Well at least I now know it's not just my AI guys driving like nutters, thanks! I would've thought it'd be relatively easy to program in a tweak for a different line, or to adjust their speed. No braking really needed there, but what do I know? It's just frustrating.

5. Mauler_77

Mauler_77 Racer

Looks like I just quoted myself lol

paul_wev likes this.
  6. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

Not just GT3 cars

This is a very serious bug. It seems is going to ruin almost every race on the Nords.

7. Mauler_77

Mauler_77 Racer

Oh wow, that was crazy. I thought it was you driving at first lol. Then they teleported back to the pits... I've ran a few Group C races there but only with same car 962C short tails and they seem to get over that kerb okay. I made a ticket at 505 and was contacted about it and was told it'd be passed on to the team, so hopefully it'll get looked at. Thanks for the vid.

SlimCharles and Scuderia Paul like this.
  8. Ravellron

Ravellron Racer

When they will fix it, Gt vs Godzilla Special Events will be impracticable

9. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

So its AI im racing against online? :D

ashasha and SlimCharles like this.
  10. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

I was the 962 coming from the back (at the end I choose my camera and Im waiting for the other 962, rammed by the idiot in the C9, to pass me). This idiot ruined a pretty epic race :D

The thing is, this is going to ruin every race or championship. Stefano's AI works brilliant in normal conditions, but when there are incidentals, they just go crazy. There is this bug, the bug in long races where the AI doesnt stop, the bug where they simply stop when there is an accident (instead of, safetely, passing the crashed car by the grass or so)...

Mauler_77 likes this.
  11. Mauler_77

Mauler_77 Racer

And if you add the way they don't like to overtake even when you're driving 50mph then yeah, a bit of a problem.

SlimCharles likes this.
  12. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

I wonder if this has anything to do with the AI grip levels? I say that because i followed their line and had no problem. Watching the replay made me think it was the way the AI were trying to apply grip that causes it. I could just be talking out of my arse though. AI grip levels need to be fixed either way, pisses me off getting my rear tapped on the inside then spinning out whilst the AI ar glued to the road.

13. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

I dont think that's the case if we have in mind what Lilski is saying

14. LilSki

LilSki Alien

Correct it has nothing to do with grip. As soon as I fixed the line the AI had no issues in that area and most can take it flat out. A few people have downloaded my updated line and they all said it fixed it for them. I feel bad for you guys not being able to modify anything but now that they are aware of the issue I'm sure you will get a fix at some point.

EDIT: Only the main layout is affected by this by the way. Both endurance layouts should not have this issue.

SlimCharles likes this.
  15. Mauler_77

Mauler_77 Racer

Really? Cool, I'll give endurance a go later and see what happens. But that is also a bit strange if they have a different line there.

16. LilSki

LilSki Alien

Not it isn't strange at all. Each layout has it's own line and the way we make lines is there is an AI app. We hit record right before the start line and drive a lap as cleanly and smoothly as possible. Then we can go into the editor and edit the line by hand if need be. How this error slipped through I don't know. But it only took me 20 minutes to edit that section by hand.

So you can see this is what the AI sees. Red line is the track limit and purple is the actual AI path. There is also a blue pit line not shown here.

Screenshot_nagp_ferrari_312t_riverside_31-1-117-12-5-51.jpg

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
    liakjim, ZX636 and Mauler_77 like this.
  17. Mauler_77

Mauler_77 Racer

Just ran a race with a grid full of McLaren 650s and they got through that section without crashing. They hit the kerb but no crashes. Haven't tested all GT3 there yet.