1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Thoughts on moving ac from ssd to hdd?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Chazz Ranger, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Chazz Ranger

Chazz Ranger Alien

Anybody have AC installed on their HDD? How are the load times?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions New PS5 gameplay thoughts Feb 22, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality About pull the pin - latest thoughts on best VR headset for ACC? Nov 5, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Your thoughts since release Jul 25, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Creating Fuel Strategy Spreadsheet, any thoughts on features? Dec 23, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Some thoughts about ACC (laughing or crying?) Jun 26, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Thoughts on degrees of rotation Jun 10, 2020
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Thoughts on an Application like Trading Paints May 23, 2020
    ACC Gameplay Just finished a full length Bathurst 12 hour, and I have some thoughts Feb 13, 2020
    ACC Gameplay 1.05 - Why I don't drive ACC regularly - Single Player thoughts Jul 6, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Morning thoughts (off the wheel) May 24, 2019
    ACC Gameplay AI Issues/Thoughts Apr 14, 2019
    ACC Gameplay AI thoughts after 0.6.4 Mar 14, 2019
    ACC General Discussions AI thoughts (skill & aggressiveness @ 100) Mar 6, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Build 5 Thoughts Jan 6, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Happy New Year to all and some thoughts about the experience thus far Dec 31, 2018

3. Jebus

Jebus Alien

Did you mean other way round? I think most of us have AC installed to hdd.

Incase you did meant it that way, I have AC installed to hdd and game loads fast enough, and I'm even a bit adhd so should be ok for "normal" people.

4. Torcano

Torcano Alien

My AC is on a HDD too, each car takes about half a second to load so most of the times there will be a 20-15 sec load time depending on the grid size and track. My AC install is too fat, don't want to fill up my SSD with one game LOL. :D

5. bromstarzan

bromstarzan Hardcore Simmer

No problems with HD install. Quick loadtimes, the longest being Lucaring with all its objects. But even this one is rather quick (2o-25s). I guess Nords is 7-8s on my system.

6. Deatroy

Deatroy Alien

Due the Mods Assetto is getting big.
    No issue to reach 50gb in some time.
    SSD doesnt have that much space till yet.

Gesendet von meinem HTC One mit Tapatalk

7. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

HDD is fine with AC, loading times are not terrible.

8. kakusso

kakusso Hardcore Simmer

HDD and SSD is night and day regarding load times. SSD is 2x faster than HDD Sata III.
    Loading times feels like a thing of the past with SSD.

9. Jester71

Jester71 Racer

I've tried both and for me there's no difference in load time. So I have it all on the hdd. No need to waste space on the ssd.

1karl1 likes this.
  10. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Sure, but imo AC loading times from HDD are not unbearable, unlike some other games.

11. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

Everything is like two to four times faster on SSD, from loading the game, track etc

12. william1141

william1141 Simracer

for me almost NO difference because the application is 32-bit so the read speed is limited i am not kidding my loading times is only 1 second faster than my HDD not much of an improvement

13. kRush

kRush Gamer

Have you tried hanging some energy crystals or other esoteric knick-knack? Those always seem to work best for the clueless. :oops:

14. nonnex

nonnex Alien

Since I have SSD I would never go back. The only disadvantage (space) can be managed by adding more and forces you to keep your stuff on the SSDs clean.

For HDD you could try racing stripes, heard it helps to get some rpm ;)

Chazz Ranger likes this.
  15. william1141

william1141 Simracer

XD i can already see it in front of me
    THE SUPER SPEED RACING HARDRIVE WITH 8400 RPM BUY NOW FOR 563.5723489057408974357209857$!

16. TERRA21

TERRA21 Racer

AC with SSD it makes you faster lol :)

17. Salad Fingers

Salad Fingers Simracer

I moved AC from a relatively fast HDD (WD Black Series) to my SSD (850 Evo) and I have seen a dramatic decrease in loading times when joining a race, the more cars into the race the more you can tell the difference. I have tried several other games and the difference is minimal, for AC though I can really easily tell that it's faster. I still keep it on my SSD for that reason.

Boris Lozac likes this.
  18. Salad Fingers

Salad Fingers Simracer

I think you need to do a fair bit of research on the topic. What you said is just completely wrong... 32-bit has absolutely nothing to do with read speeds from drives....

19. nonnex

nonnex Alien

The 32 or 64 bit has not much till no inpact for Drive performances. Its all about access times and bandwith of the used Drive and bus (Sata etc)
    Yeah, it hardly depends on how often an app is getting data from disk throu the runtime.
    AC does load cars and tracks directly from the Drive after starting the client, so yes SSD is a huge improvement in loading times here.

20. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Moved ac to hdd some time ago, will revert that soon. The extra loading time just sucks :)
    Please keep in mind that a HDD may go to sleep after some minutes, so you might have freezes when an app is loading an image from file.

21. william1141

william1141 Simracer

oops sorry i noticed i just wrote 32-bit indeed that was wrong, it was really early in the morning so it was more of a haze