1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

XB1 Thrustmaster TMX before buying

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Straight6lover, Jan 27, 2017.

1. Hi guys,

I'd like to know your feedbacks about the TMX wheel. i know it's not the best of them all, but i'm clearly new on AC, and all car games to me are FM6 or FH2/3 and (god its a shame) the crew.
    A bit of Project cars but, clearly not my cup of tea!

So let me know your point of view

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions WTF, thrustmaster tmx wheels still lose all FFB in races. Mar 22, 2022
    Steering wheels discussions Thrustmaster tmxffb Aug 14, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Thrustmaster TMX settings? Jun 29, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Thrustmaster TMX (Xbox) Not supported? Jun 23, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Thrustmaster TMX Jun 12, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Thrustmaster tmx pro not working at all Sep 30, 2018
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Thrustmaster TMX Wheel, Pedals inverted Sep 21, 2018
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Thrustmaster TMX Wheel Sep 17, 2018
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Thrustmaster TMX drift settings? Jun 6, 2018
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Noob question about Thrustmaster TMX buttons Feb 20, 2018
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues THRUSTMASTER TMX is not recognized in AC-- PLS HELP! Feb 11, 2018
    Steering wheels discussions Thrustmaster TMX not working Oct 28, 2017
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Thrustmaster TMX No longer supported? Jul 20, 2017
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Force feedback on Thrustmaster TMX Jun 24, 2017
    Steering wheels discussions Thrustmaster TMX wheel not recognised Jun 24, 2017

3. RWa

RWa Simracer

I am using the tmx now and than. As you said it is not the best but for a first start it is fine if you don't want to spend too much money.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk

4. mtbwa1

mtbwa1 Gamer

Got mine through Gamestop because they sell the TMX Pro (A TMX wheel with T3PA pedals instead of the standard pedals) for $249 USD (It was $199 over the holidays when I got it). The T3PAs are absolutely worth it.

As for the wheel, it's a good starter wheel. It's relatively smooth, though I would imagine the higher end TX is smoother. The Force Feedback isn't the strongest (from what I understand), but I am okay with that, as I tend to dial things back to get a feel for what cars are doing. That said, I wouldn't want to hit a wall with my thumbs hooked in the wheel as it kick back pretty hard.

I don't really like the wheel as much on Project Cars: It's too heavy, even after extensive tweaking. On Assetto Corsa, it felt great out of the box, though I have tweaked settings a bit to get a little more feel.

I really don't have a lot of complaints about the TMX. I am sure the TX is a smoother, stronger wheel, but it wasn't in my price range, and I don't like the 458 rim, so it would have cost me even more to switch to the GTE rim. The TMX rium does feel a bit like a toy rather than an actual steering wheel, but once you are playing, it doesn't matter so much.

One other point that Simpit (I think) brought up in their Youtube review, was that the fact that the TMX is a bit lighter feeling than higher end wheels means you can really whip it around. This is really handy for say Dirt Rally, and might be handy for Drifting in Asseto Corsa.

Lastly, I haven't played Forza 6, but the FFB on Forza Horizon 3 is terrible; It's bad enough that I can't really use my wheel unless I am only racing on street circuits. If I get on-road feel dials in, off road feel like a horrible washboard road at all times. If I dial back the off road feel (it's still all washboard, just less severe), then the on road feel disappears.

I would recommend the TMX to someone buying their first wheel, but honestly, the T3PA pedals are really necessary, as the stock pedals don't cut it. The Gamestop TMX Pro at $249 is basically getting you the T3PA pedals at 1/2 price. I really can't complain as I haven't used "better" wheels, so I don't know what I'm missing in terms of FFB strength (not sure I need it any stronger as a 6-stage stint in Sebastien Loeb or or Dirt Rally is physically demanding on the TMX!)

If you do get a TMX, take some time to tune the individual cars in Project Cars as it really makes that game a lot better. Also, if you get a wheel, consider Dirt Rally. It's a tough game, but with a wheel, even crashing your way through stages is a blast.

5. Thanks a lot for your feedbacks, i'm gonna buy it for 80€ it's a sncd hand one.

I've got PC and DR, but i "abandonned" them a bit.
    After that, on FH3 i play for the fun of "being free on a open road", the off road part doesnt intersted me at all.

id like to improve my times, and pad is really weird for that (i do play with week challenge from Gravel Trap, since 2 weeks but, i'm always reallybad.

6. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

7. mtbwa1

mtbwa1 Gamer

I think he did a pretty good idea and actually left a lengthy comment on that video about the TMX. reviewers tend to have a tough time because they tend to get to play with the best stuff, so it's hard to get a read on lower-end products.

Shaun basically ends up saying the pedals suck and the FFB is a bit weak, which is an accurate assessment. I don't think I have the deadzone issue, but maybe I just don't know better, or it's not an issue on the XBOX because the DOR is better matched in games.

8. mtbwa1

mtbwa1 Gamer

Man, for me, the best part of FH3 is going blasting across the open territory in crazy stuff I have built that is in no way realistic(Lifted, 1500BHP AWD Jaguar XJS). That or trying to recreate the Start Wars land speeder scenes be blasting through the forest. I do have a couple of on-road builds as well. Staying on road, the wheel is pretty fun, just more of an arcade feel than realism, and on the XBOX One you can switch between a controller and wheel at will, so when I grind out those 15-race Forzathon events, I tend to pick a circuit and switch between the controller and wheel to keep count of how many I have done.

9. JMR1985

JMR1985 Racer

i was thinking of getting the TMX or maybe the g290 as a got the 458 spider non force feed back but had nowt but trouble with it on this game and replaced it 3 times to see if it was the wheel but yet again it works on p cars forza as want to move up to a better wheel soon

10. warth0g

warth0g Hardcore Simmer

I have a T150 (which I believe is the PS4 equivalent to the TMX). I think it's fantastic. I have no issue with the FFB or dead zones at all, but perhaps it's different on Xbox. The pedals are certainly the weak point. The gas pedal is fine, but the brake isn't great. It's easy enough to spend about 10 dollars to mod it however, as laid out here:

mtbwa1 likes this.
  11. Thanks all for the (again) feedback.

I don't like YT videos, i don't understand everything (murricans speaks so fast for my poor "french english") and i prefer having the point of view of guys from here (you are not paid by Thrustmaster, or Logitech, or Fanatech) so i can have real advices.

So if i sums up, for 80€ (the wheel had been used for 4 times, less than 3 hours) this is a good deal, not the best wheel ever, but a quite nice one to start playing with a wheel. His pedals are apparently not good.

I'm planning to Do my self a playseat (wheel stand pro is ****in overpriced for what is it)

12. Erm, right, You've killed the XJS ^^ i don't like swaps, i'm more " a stock guy" or just some engine improvement, but not as "v12 biturbo 1500 bhp Rangerover" or some

13. mtbwa1

mtbwa1 Gamer

The worst part of Forza Horizon 3 is a lack of Stock classes. It basically forces you to do these unrealistic swaps to even compete in some events.

14. Compete is not my aim, i'm a TDU fan, and it was almost "stock cars", i love cruising around. TDU was for that perfect, because the map was big, but not immense as the crew.

If some game makers are planning to get a refresh version of TDU it will be amazing, take ALL the features from the firsts opus, and some nice things like:

- Make cars kit => M3 e46 => M3 CSL for example
    - Bring a real noise, and real noises upgrades (my 320i e36 without it's inox exhaust will not sound the same)
    - Use the idea of having circuit on the map, and then makes it accurate => take My M550d touring to tow my 991 GT3 rs to the track, race it and go back with the touring.
    - Bring fuel stations, and add more diesels cars (with smoke etc)
    - Push farer the idea of houses from TDU => let buy an building, where i can work on suspensions, engine etc.
    - Give us the possibility doing 4x4, by that i mean, real uphills, mud etc, not only large sand tracks without any difficultys.

- Giving more funny cars, like C30 T5, 330i e46, 205 gti, 208 and 308 gti etc
    Maybe i'm mad, but to me it's the perfect game.
    That combined with lower quality physics of asseto, and we're petrol kings.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
    mtbwa1 likes this.
  15. mtbwa1

mtbwa1 Gamer

I heard they are going to do a TDU3, but we will see if it's as good as the original. I haven't actually played TDU2 because I didn't like the life experience stuff and that pushed the rating up to T, so I don't really want mm kids playing it.

Your ides sound pretty sweet. I miss having a good open world driving game that isn't all about crazy upgrades. It should have decent wheel FFB too!

16. Yep, but it's very scary to me.

The brand who buy TDU rights is BigBen, French company well know for its low costs consoles accessories.

More scary, is Vincent Bolloré, is one of shareholder, and he is just interested by profits (wich seems logical) but he's not taking care for his companys, so i don't know TDU will be but do not have too much hope on that game.