1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

TIMED RACES OMG FINALLY

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Brownninja97, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

Ultimate late reaction from yours truly

seriously though @Lord Kunos

This was the one feature ive wanted for so long, i tried to not be vocal and be patient I knew that some day my prayers would be answered

I'll admit there have been days when i thought kunos wouldnt pull it off, days when id install my wheels and question whether it was really worth it, days when i thought about buying a console.

But i stood my ground knowing someone out there was listening and it was kunos

Honestly i dont even know why im so happy, it doesnt make a massive difference but it just helps so much with immersion, timed races are big in motorsport and something ive wanted for a while so cheers kunos.

Just another step in the right direction

rolling start is pretty much the only thing left on my wishlist

Anyways cheers Stefano.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Question regarding the end of Timed Races Jun 14, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Timed Races rather than laps? Aug 2, 2016
    Suggestions Timed races and rolling starts Feb 1, 2015
    ACC Troubleshooting LogD3D11RHI: Timed out while waiting for GPU to catch up. Jun 22, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Timed out while waiting for GPU to catch up. Jan 20, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting UE-AC2 Fatal Error Crash [GPU timed out and hung] Dec 13, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Timed out while waiting for GPU to catch up. Jul 5, 2020
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Unable to do last lap in timed race after pit stop with leader finishing few seconds behind Mar 31, 2017
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues API/Shared Memory : Pit window timed race Mar 23, 2017
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Timed race - Wrong results with log parser Feb 23, 2017
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Shared mem - how do we tell that a timed race is over? Feb 16, 2017
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Timed Race Question Feb 14, 2017
    Console Lounge Im stuck on Intimediate Series 2 AMG series Aug 31, 2016
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues "requesting car list timed out" Jul 31, 2016
    General modding discussion Career - timed race? Apr 8, 2016

3. Kopiller

Kopiller Simracer

I hope that we have this in singleplayer son (and the rolling starts).
    Forma muy taste, the big improvements left to Ac are racing rules (rolling starts, forced pitstopss...) ai and on last place (but with bigger room for improvement) damage model (no need for fcy without broken cars waiting to be removed)

4. Second post in an appreciation thread is a wishlist. Simracers. :rolleyes:o_O

Anyways, I have been in Stefano's ear asking for timed races for years now so I am extremely glad to have the option. One of these days I am going to have to join a league.

Leonardo Ratafia and pollinho123 like this.
  5. Kopiller

Kopiller Simracer

Only real wish is timed races on single player.
    What I really wanted to mean is that I'm very happy with the physics and my hopes are more on the rules department.
    The features voted on the poll are coming I trust in kunos.

6. Salajutsu

Salajutsu Hardcore Simmer

Tried one online last night. 15 minutes 911 cup car at Red Bull. It was a crash fest, but having timed race was great! I felt more into my racing as opposed to how many laps are left.

7. I changed my server NetracingEurope.org to timed races. 15 min (except league race days). I love this as well and rolling starts would be fantastic. With definable full pace lap or just the last corner ;)

8. thx guys but I love the fact that I have to point out that Manuel Darin ( @6S.Manu ) did 100% of the work to implement timed races so all the praises go to him.

9. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

10. kakusso

kakusso Hardcore Simmer

I missed you Stefano. I am your (unconditional) fan.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
  11. Parminio

Parminio Simracer

Result of my first timed race. I went from 22nd to 2nd. I don't think most of the guys realized it was a timed race, and that they fixed the chicane cut at Monza:

[​IMG]

12. BrunUK

BrunUK Alien

What's the 'with or without additional lap' (or something along those lines) in the change log? I'd originally hoped that was to allow for a rolling start but I guess not. Does it therefore mean an extra lap after the race time has elapsed?

Surely an option to drive a lap before the race clock starts shouldn't be too difficult to implement?

13. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

yep, it's exactly that. we tested timed race this evening.

14. Parminio

Parminio Simracer

There are two ways to end a timed race:
    • Additional Lap. That means when time expires, the leader will run one more lap and that will determine the finishing order.
    • Time Final. That means that when time expires, the leader will win when he crosses the line from wherever he is on the track and the finishing order is set from that point.

15. Peter Burke

Peter Burke Racer

Wow, and I thought I was one of the last older skoolers to not be in a league. You should find one you like; the competition you find will likely be astounding. I imagine the enduro racing leagues will be picking up quite a bit.

16. 6S.Manu

6S.Manu I'm Awesome! Staff Member KS Dev Team

Thanks you for letting me do it. :oops:

GhostMan, grat, kakusso and 18 others like this.
  17. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

Manu ill raise a glass to you today

Kopiller and myimac like this.
  18. Kopiller

Kopiller Simracer

Michael Hornbuckle likes this.
  19. TDS

TDS Alien

Amazing job Manu!! Grats!!!
    Now rolling starts are in your hands too LOL jkjk
    ;-) ;-) :)