1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Timed Races rather than laps?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by MsportDAN, Aug 2, 2016.

1. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

Im not sure if this has been discussed or is a possibility for the future. But could we have times races instead of laps. 10 laps at the ring over10 laps at brands can be vastly different in time length.

F1Aussie likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Question regarding the end of Timed Races Jun 14, 2017
    Chit Chat Room TIMED RACES OMG FINALLY Feb 16, 2017
    Suggestions Timed races and rolling starts Feb 1, 2015
    ACC Troubleshooting LogD3D11RHI: Timed out while waiting for GPU to catch up. Jun 22, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Timed out while waiting for GPU to catch up. Jan 20, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting UE-AC2 Fatal Error Crash [GPU timed out and hung] Dec 13, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Timed out while waiting for GPU to catch up. Jul 5, 2020
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Unable to do last lap in timed race after pit stop with leader finishing few seconds behind Mar 31, 2017
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues API/Shared Memory : Pit window timed race Mar 23, 2017
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Timed race - Wrong results with log parser Feb 23, 2017
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Shared mem - how do we tell that a timed race is over? Feb 16, 2017
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Timed Race Question Feb 14, 2017
    Console Lounge Im stuck on Intimediate Series 2 AMG series Aug 31, 2016
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues "requesting car list timed out" Jul 31, 2016
    General modding discussion Career - timed race? Apr 8, 2016

3. Ferdi

Ferdi Hardcore Simmer

As far as I'm aware it's being worked on. I'm not sure how high it is on the priority list so when we'll actually see it implemented remains to be seen, but it is coming.

4. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

This has been brought up in one of Stefano's streams. I can't remember specifically what his answer was, but I think there was some discussion that it would cause further problems for the AI, as they have no memory of the tracks and therefore need an estimate for their fuel load before any given race, so timed races are a huge problem for them. I can't remebmer if Stefano leaned more towards a "yay" or a "nay" on that.

pika4u and MsportDAN like this.
  5. pika4u

pika4u Hardcore Simmer

Are you sure? Iirc It's not been really announced... Stefano told that there might be problems for AI with fuel.

Edit: Ninja'd

6. Ferdi

Ferdi Hardcore Simmer

I'm almost certain that Stefano mentioned in his streams it was being worked on, but there's always the chance I either heard wrong, remember something different or that it just gets cut because it does prove to be too difficult to implement (for now).

MsportDAN likes this.
  7. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Racer

Out of curiosity, how do other sims get it to work? Some even have the option of time and laps together.

MsportDAN likes this.
  8. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

They're structured differently from the ground up. If there's a feature you want to include from the beginning, you can build you engine in a way that it includes this feature. If you need to implement a feature after the engine is "feature complete" (for lack of a better word) you need to make changes to accomodate for that feature, sometimes other features (in this case the AI, the routine for reading the last lap and race finish, etc)) need to be adapted as well. I'm sure it's possible in the current enigne, but time consuming and the question always is if the ends justify the means.

9. Arbuzzz

Arbuzzz Hardcore Simmer

Why not just add to to MP... :/

schmron, mESCx and kakusso like this.
  10. Arbuzzz

Arbuzzz Hardcore Simmer

Its actually sad, that we dont get lots of features in MP because AI dont work with those features. So many times Stefano in streams said "This features is ready but... AI dont work with it, its why I can add to the game" pfff :(

11. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Racer

Thanks for the explanation.

12. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

Probably in some ways its good that its different to other sims. Looking at the AI as one example. Im a little tired of seeing the same old AI issues in race07 - gsce - ams - rf2. They get stuck in a draft and other issues which don't seem to be ever fixed form one title to the next, probably hitting the limitations of the engine. However with AC its nice to see a "different" AI, one that will slipstream you down a straight and pass, granted theres other issues with it but eh. Of course we may not get some things from other sims but I'm sure we get things that the Gmotor sims aren't able to do!

.Now someone will tell me AC is Gmotor lol

13. dodge33cymru

dodge33cymru Simracer

Works both ways that, I'd love to see rolling starts in SP but apparently it would be difficult to get it to work in MP. Swings and roundabouts, but both understandable.