1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
  2. FOR ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE: If you report issues with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder!
  3. If your game executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, then run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether.

Timing corrections at start/finish

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Rizzl, Nov 18, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Rizzl

Rizzl Rookie

Does anyone else notice the time correction at start/finish?
    When hotlapping, the timing gets corrected after the finish line.
    For example:
    If my session best time is 1:54:057 and I cross the line with a delta of +0.307 I would expect my time to be 1:54:364. But after the finish line the time is shown as 1:54:441. That is 0.08 more than expected.
    Is there an explanation for this?

The video will show this exact case.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Hardware Discussions 4th monitor timing screen Dec 3, 2019
    Chit Chat Room RSR Livetiming Additional Data Problem Nov 13, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality Frame Timing - key to smooth VR gaming? Jul 22, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars UI and car dash timing delay Jul 10, 2019
    ACC Gameplay Pit stop rules and timing (Sprint vs Endurance race) Jul 9, 2019
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes LiveRacers Live Timing beta testing Jul 3, 2019
    ACC Gameplay Driver stint timer not timing stint according to Blancpain rules Jun 18, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Sector timing Jun 5, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Driver hands animation timing is way off... Jun 3, 2019
    ACC User Interface Relative timing May 31, 2019
    ACC User Interface [v1.0] Weather & Timings info wrong on UI May 29, 2019
    ACC User Interface MFD live gap timing Apr 9, 2019
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards [SUGGESTION] - MP Timings, Leaderboard, Ghosts.. Mar 7, 2019
    ACC User Interface Nissan GT-R data display timing makes no sense? Mar 6, 2019
    ACC Gameplay Timing issue multiplayer + hud issue Jan 21, 2019

3. RS10

RS10 Racer

Go through the video frame by frame...

The delta is already being shown as +0.309s before it goes to +0.000 (probably preparing for the next lap)
    upload_2018-11-18_16-13-33.png

Before the timer starts counting from zero your laptime is already at 1:54.417 (still lap 16)
    upload_2018-11-18_16-14-58.png

Next lap/frame
    upload_2018-11-18_16-15-43.png

Everything is fine (i hope) ... the delta just resets slightly before the end of the lap.

edit:
    In the frame where you get +0.307 you're still a good car length away from the line
    from your video:
    upload_2018-11-18_16-28-11.png

Test:
    upload_2018-11-18_16-33-48.png
    upload_2018-11-18_16-32-44.png

Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
  4. DuckeyTapey

DuckeyTapey Hardcore Simmer

It's an issue with the delta not being quite accurate, there's a thread describing a related issue: https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/positive-delta-bar.51363
    The delta time tends to oddly stick to 0 seconds at times and the resulting lap is usually off by a tenth or so compared to what it should have been according to the delta. Makes me kinda wonder if it's intentional as to simulate inaccuracies these delta timing devices might have IRL or if it's just a bug.

5. Rizzl

Rizzl Rookie

@RS10 Thank you for the analysis! Let's hope it's the early reset of the delta. And it could be that.
    In the video I'm going at 206km/h. That is 57m/s.
    In 0.08 sec I would travel 4.5m

@DuckeyTapey I did search for an existing thread but didn't find that one. Thank you.
    Just relieved that it isn't my setup and others are having the same issue.