1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
  2. FOR ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE: If you report issues with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder!
  3. If your game executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, then run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether.

Tire wear always 99%, what am i doing wrong?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by YardStick, Jul 9, 2015.

1. YardStick

YardStick Gamer

After crawling throught the forums I get the hunch I'm not alone with this, but I didn't find any solutions. Could someone please point me to right direction here..

I have tried several tyre temperature and wear apps, and they all seem to work fine, except none of them show tire wear correctly. They all say tires are 100% or 99% OK even if I turn Tire wear to 3x and drift like madman.

Even creating vast smokeclouds stepping on brake and gas pedals on first gear doesn't seem wear the rubber off at all...

Is there a hidden checkbox somewhere or is the tirewear globally disabled or what is going on here?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Multiplayer Tires wear reset from race to race Sep 14, 2020
    ACC Physics Used wet tire no wear info Jun 18, 2020
    ACC User Interface Tire/brake wear readings persist across sessions May 4, 2020
    ACC Physics Tire wear without race May 3, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Endurance race wear on tires and brakes Apr 18, 2020
    ACC User Interface tire wear Inner/Outer Apr 16, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting Tire wear Apr 5, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer No accumulation of tire wear Apr 4, 2020
    ACC User Interface Damage/Tire Wear Indicator Feb 6, 2020
    ACC Gameplay Fuel consumption, Tire wear, Brake wear multiplier? Dec 19, 2019
    Chit Chat Room Low Aero vs High Aero On Tire Wear May 11, 2018
    Bug reports Bug? Help tire wear in private lobby May 18, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues Tatuus F. Abarth tire wear curves Feb 15, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Question about long GTE races and AI tire wear... Jan 8, 2017
    Suggestions tire temps and wear in the hud on the ps4 Sep 14, 2016

3. Stereo

Stereo Alien

There is a menu option to disable tire wear, but also, the range of percents is amount of grip, not some 0-100% worn thing - if it's at 99%, it's 1% less grippy (which on mediums takes a few laps)

F430_458_F12 and YardStick like this.
  4. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Most of the apps have rounded numbers, so will be at 100, 99, 98 for a while. A decimal case helps better, so then you can see that the tires are at 99.6 instead of 100 or 99. The dev app tyre debug will show the numbers in real time. In case you are using danny guisas tyre info app, open with wordpad the file tyre_temp.py and use ctrl+f to search for " .0f ". Now change the 0 to 1, and you'll get to see better the tire wear, because now you'll actually see if the wear is 99.3% instead of 99%, as an example.

If you want to have access to dev apps, go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg and open assetto_corsa.ini. Now change the 0 to 1 in the line 'enable_dev_apps'. Now in game you'll get to see several extra apps, including the tyre debug where you can see numbers in real time while driving. These apps are too big to use during race, so is best to go with the native apps or the ones created by the community.

5. earlyapex

earlyapex Hardcore Simmer

If you have car damage turned off, it also turns off the tyre wear possiblity.

YardStick likes this.
  6. YardStick

YardStick Gamer

Thank you for your answers. :)

@Stereo So even if the app says it's "tire wear" it could actually be the amount of the grip? That would actually make perfect sense...

@Quffy Thanks for the tip about the dev apps. I'll check those for sure..

7. Slamdrunken

Slamdrunken Racer

i have find out that in GT3 cars, when my tyres are 98% or abouts, there is quite a loss grip (without overheating the tyres) than at 100%. I found this because when i drive gt3 or gt2 cars, im very fast on the first 5 laps & then i start loosing time more & more & probably end up 2 seconds behing my fastest at lap 10 or so, while the tyre app shows about 98% tyre tread left yet i do feel that a lot of the tyre is missing, i do drive the car quite aggressive, going a bit too fast into the corners & the exits a bit sideways.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
  8. Quffy

Quffy Alien

The GT2 have by default Soft tires, while GT3 have default medium. If you're having a race for more than 3 or 4 laps, change to medium in gt2.

9. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

I find that by the time any tyre hits 97% its time to asses your laptimes and think about whether it will be worth changing the tyres..

10. speedbee

speedbee Hardcore Simmer

Lol you guys must be driving so much better than me to be so close to the edge. haha I'm on 95% of the grip and feel like the tyres are gripping more. :D Goddammit, gotta practice more. :p

11. MaRcIu

MaRcIu Gamer

A long time ago kunos said in a update that they will simulate punctures when tire abuse or blown outs. never did happen to me, not even after 7 minutes in a burnout.

12. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

They were supposed to pop at 300c i believe but i never managed it.

13. Stereo

Stereo Alien

If you reset to the pits once it's taken enough damage, it'll blow out. Not sure why it works that way.

14. CCX

CCX Hardcore Simmer

I've got them past 700 before (yes really!) and had no result either. So that confirms that. :D