1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

XB1 TMX or G920?

Discussion in 'Steering wheels discussions' started by EMW SMILER, Sep 29, 2016.

1. EMW SMILER

EMW SMILER Hardcore Simmer

I really enjoyed my first outing on a wheel on AC (Thrustmaster 458 Spider) , and look forward to the improvements ahead - possible support of the wheel and whatever the patch brings... However - my NEW wheel is dead and I am looking to upgrade. Having already killed one steering wheel from TM I have my doubts as to whether buying another wheel, the TMX from Thrustmaster is the thing to do. My other option (within budget) is the G920. I 've checked other posts on the forum and got some advice but am still undecided - can anyone help me to decide? Anyone got both?
    I won't be buying anything 'til the patch drops anyway....

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Has anyone got the TMX wheel to work in the game yet? Apr 2, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions WTF, thrustmaster tmx wheels still lose all FFB in races. Mar 22, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions xbox series s TMX wheel losing FFB Feb 23, 2022
    Steering wheels discussions Thrusmaster TMX Pro Feb 5, 2022
    XBox One Discussions button mapping Xbox one tmx update 7.x Sep 18, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions XBOX One TMX Wheel Mar 10, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Xbox series X TMX problem Dec 28, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions TMX Force feedback - ACC Oct 16, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Tmx pro/ t 150 ffb Oct 7, 2020
    Steering wheels discussions Thrustmaster tmxffb Aug 14, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions TMX blocked on 0° xbox Jul 25, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Thrustmaster TMX settings? Jun 29, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals TM TMX - steering wheel incorrect ingame Jun 29, 2020
    Console Lounge TMX wheel, no steering,no throttle, no brake. Jun 26, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Thrustmaster TMX (Xbox) Not supported? Jun 23, 2020

3. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

Hard decision, TMX will definately feel better FFB wise however the G920 comes with better pedals. If you go with the TMX you're pretty much forced to get better pedals. I'm using the T300 myself (coming from a G25/G27) and the difference is huge.
    if your budget allows, get the TMX with better pedals. You won't regret it :)

EMW SMILER likes this.
  4. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

TMX!!! Do not buy Logitech's re-branded, re-buttoned technology with old mechanical hardware that was already flawed in the G27!
    TM does have some quality issues but if you should run into one the support is great and they send out spare parts so you can DIY in many cases. TM have improved on their products, technically and that shows in great FFB. Logitech has only re-packaged something to get money out of the new consoles.

EMW SMILER likes this.
  5. LeDude83 - it's more personal choice - for example I prefer logitech type of FFB :) Logitech wheels are much more reliable (at least DFGT, G25,G27 was) they're also silent (no fans)

CtrlAltDeLaet and EMW SMILER like this.
  6. Bo-Göran Larsson

Bo-Göran Larsson Hardcore Simmer

My Thrustmaster TX lasted 6 months. I liked the FFB better but I prefer to have reability over some FFB whisles and bells.
    The Logitechs I had Always worked flawless and the others not so much (Thrustmaster and Fanatec)

CtrlAltDeLaet and EMW SMILER like this.
  7. Maxidyne

Maxidyne Hardcore Simmer

Thrustmaster aren't the most reliable wheels... Found that out myself. FFB is really good though!

And TM customer service is top notch, always had satisfying solutions. Got free pots for the pedals.

EMW SMILER likes this.
  8. RWa

RWa Simracer

I have the TM TMX as my first wheel. First of when used to a controller it is quite a thing to get used to a wheel and pedals. Sitting on the the couch with the controller sits and feels comfortable. Installing the wheel and sitting behind it (I do not have a play seat) is different. I still have mixed feelings about playing with a wheel. I played AC, Pcars, F1 2016 and Forza 6 as well and I had some hours I found it really great. But the learning curve is quite high. I was one of them who thought when I have a wheel my driving will improve same for the lap times. That was not the case. So you need to keep practicing over and over again.

About the TMX I think it is worth the money. The wheel does not feel cheap although the pedals do but they do their job. I read a lot of reviews about the TMX and it seems the hardware for FFB is quite similar to the expensive ones from TM. Not the same but near. I just ordered the T3PA pedals and tomorrow they will be delivered. I am looking forward to feel the difference. Over all I am satisfied with the wheel.

EMW SMILER likes this.
  9. EMW SMILER

Thanks to all for your posts so far... I found the transition from pad to wheel a joyful experience and on AC found quite a difference in my times (quicker), but your advice is good - PRACTICE.
    Looking forward to FFB on one make of wheel or another - my conclusion, at present IMO, from your comments, (all of you) is that I probably have to look into the next wheels up from TMX, or G920? I think I could stretch the budget to £300. I would have to sell the children though...

RWa and LeDude83 like this.
  10. I have the G920, I had 2 Thrustmaster Tx wheels that broke, I really like the G920, its usually on sale at Currys so not too expensive, i think its more about the pedals than wheel and the pedals are a real upgrade to the TX pedals.. It seems to get abit of a hammering from Thrustmaster users most of which have probably never used it!! It is different than the TX but I wouldnt say the TX was better, I did like that the TX could be upgraded with better pedals and wheel, which I did..As I said Iike it and wont be swapping back to a Thrustmaster any time soon:)

Cobra395 and EMW SMILER like this.
  11. I think you will find your lap times getting lower with the T3PA once you get them how you like them, I liked the hard rubber to be almost touching the back of the pedal.

EMW SMILER likes this.
  12. TheBadBoyRay

TheBadBoyRay Gamer

If you can stretch your budget get a TX.

My only complaint is the wheel is to small so I am looking to upgrade that at some point soon.

The pedals feel great to me so I will stick with them for the time being.

EMW SMILER likes this.
  13. SRT10

SRT10 Rookie

I went about as cheap as you can get for a wheel and got a T150 (it was even cheaper due to a decent discount). :D Despite what I read about it before buying (was deciding between G29 and T150), so far I'm very pleased with it! Only had it a day so will see how it goes in terms of reliability, but so far, so good!

LeDude83 likes this.
  14. Sorry to say that, but difference is night and day, practically in all aspects G29 is better than T150. Better FFB feeling, much faster, no fans, better clamp, no damping, great metal pedals, great leather instead of thin rubber wheel - if price is similar my advice is to try resend back (what I have did after buying T150)

15. eSEA One

eSEA One Hardcore Simmer

If you are in Europe, with Trustmaster you have a extra year:)

CONSUMER WARRANTY INFORMATION Worldwide, Guillemot Corporation S.A., whose registered office is located at Place du Granier, B.P. 97143, 35571 Chantepie, France (hereinafter “Guillemot”) warrants to the consumer that this Thrustmaster product shall be free from defects in materials and workmanship, for a warranty period which corresponds to the time limit to bring an action for conformity with respect to this product. In the countries of the European Union, this corresponds to a period of two (2) years from delivery of the Thrustmaster product. In other countries, the warranty period corresponds to the time limit to bring an action for conformity with respect to the Thrustmaster product according to applicable laws of the country in which the consumer was domiciled on the date of purchase of the Thrustmaster product (if no such action exists in the corresponding country, then the warranty period shall be one (1) year from the original date of purchase of the Thrustmaster product).

From my experience their service is top notch.

Maxidyne and EMW SMILER like this.
  16. EMW SMILER

Thanks everyone for your input.....:)

Maxidyne likes this.
  17. Nwg

Nwg Racer

Im not sure if you made your decision yet but my opinion would be to save up some more money and get a tx. While the logitec might seem like a comparable option in the long run there are no options for it. Other than getting the hshifter you cant do much else to it. Thrustmaster has a great ecosystem for their wheels. While the tmx is cheaper than the tx you do give up the option of changing the steering wheel which does make a big difference.