1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
  2. FOR ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE: If you report issues with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder!
  3. If your game executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, then run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether.

To Aris, your words of wisdom have changed my life

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by DD_Friar, Mar 29, 2020.

1. DD_Friar

DD_Friar Simracer

Dear Aris,
    I have been playing Assetto Corsa and then Competizione since AC was in pre release. I have always struggled to be "on the pace" and consistently been at the back of the grid. I have never minded this, I don't care about fighting for last place, so long as I could fight. As I have got older (I am now in my late 50's) and been racing in private leagues.

I enjoyed the battles but never really improved. That is until I started watching your videos.

In you video about how to get faster you made an, almost throw-away, statement, that has changed my driving experience.

"You may be able to brake 2 meters later, that will gain you those 2 meters, start to accelerate 2 meters earlier and you will carry that all the way down the straight."

Hallelujah, for me, the penny has finally dropped.

It will not make me an alien, but I now feel that I just might be able to stick with the pack and get the excitement and thrills of close racing that sim racing can give.

Please keep up the excellent work you and the Kunus team are doing in making ACC the best sim out there.

Salute
    Friar

Hobi, sloty, uelas_77 and 13 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Hardware Discussions Aris Video Settings (In case anyone is interested/curious) Oct 15, 2020
    ACC Screenshots & Videos Why is console so fast PS4 Vs PC Kyalami Comparison Jul 16, 2020
    ACC Tools Display comparison and FoV tool May 27, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Online telemetry comparison Apr 28, 2020
    ACC Blog Aris Drives Dec 23, 2019
    ACC Physics Aris, will you blog the Porsche 991.2 GT3 R? Please? Nov 1, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Video interview with Aris about ACC physics Sep 12, 2019
    Chit Chat Room SimRacing Expo Interview with Aris Sep 12, 2019
    ACC General Discussions How Aris deals with critics of ACC Sep 2, 2019
    ACC Hardware Discussions Nvidia Freestyle Filters comparison screenshot and settings Aug 28, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Aris, a wish - not a wishlist (hint: more car blogs) Aug 15, 2019
    ACC Tools Simsource: Setup Comparison Tool, Leaderboards, Server Results Viewer & Stats Tracker Aug 9, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Comparison times on the real lap vs ACC - track Spa Jul 31, 2019
    ACC General Discussions [SPOIL] Hi Aristo, Paul Ricard Endurance Cup is over, I was right :-) Jun 2, 2019
    ACC General Discussions AI pace comparison May 6, 2019

3. I'm new on this forum, would you mind to give me the link to that video?

4. Nox

Nox Racer

5. Aris is a good boy, but boy does he talk a lot... :)

6. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

thats why his videos are so educational and entertaining - feels like jardier talks even more ^^
    @DD_Friar - yesterday aris did practice race for event today, after 15mins or so he was tapped from behind - really damaged lexus. normally we are frustrated -rage quit or unmotivated driving with anger. aris was even frustrated and angry, and again, made the best out of the situation. how does the wreck behave and drive until the end. and - 2s behind panky in the last laps, cn up to 96/97. last lap out of fuel.... hilarious, entertaining.
    next lesson - never give up. make the best out of the situation. that was awesome.

7. I saw it too :) Aris attitute is awesome and we all can learn a lot from this guy.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
    sissydriver likes this.
  8. Ecnelis

Ecnelis Hardcore Simmer