1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

[to DEVs] Will this game be endurance-friendly?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Pablos16, Dec 13, 2013.

1. Useless thread is useless; it should be locked IMO.

We know that pit stops, weather, and all the other things that are needed for endurance racing are after v1.0.....There is no point asking, requesting, or begging for them to be implemented any sooner.

Turk, Queequeg and TCLF like this.
  2. TCLF

TCLF Alien

If you can before you get banned from this forum, can you explain what bad things they can hide with the mods?

3. Since I need to respect others opinions apparently (even if they are unlicensed and a potential pirate).....Please explain how allowing people to add cars and tracks is 'hiding their bad job'

4. Let's cut to the chase since your time here is probably limited.......What game do you think is doing a good job?

5. AC Support

AC Support Official Support Staff Member KS Dev Team

Don't feed him guys, today is the "duplicated accounts" parade. :)

6. Queequeg

Queequeg Racer

1v1 me and say that again!

Snoopy's Nord 1 lap - F40 std 90s street tires - final destination

Are you ready nub?

Disclaimer: sarcasm, it's a thing

Turk and Jeff Eckert like this.
  7. I'll make the server right now if you want...

Turk and Queequeg like this.
  8. Jeff Eckert

Jeff Eckert Gamer

I will be online in about 1-2 hours, first i have to cook and eat something, after this you guys can meet me on my Server, search for "Eckert Racing" and join me, Server is up 24/7 ;)

Gesendet von meinem Galaxy S4 mit Tapatalk

Queequeg likes this.
  9. Juergen Herrmann

Juergen Herrmann Simracer

It`s everytime the same fanboy, watch out ;-)

10. mangal

mangal Hardcore Simmer

That doesn't make any sense.

Recently I have been racing Snoopy's Nordschleife almost exclusively, and AC physics make that spectacular.

"bad job"? I have no idea what you're talking about.

[and Endurance Racing GT3 is by far my most favorite form of motorsport]

11. Turk

Turk Alien

Thems fightin words. :D

Is there going to be a spectator mode I wonder? It would be nice to look down a list of servers and see someone you know and just watch the race without actually joining and going through the booking process. Or when two guys throw down a challenge like yours to be able to sit in and watch it unfold. If it could be done through a website rather than needing the game it would be even better but would probably require some constant administration to work.

mangal likes this.
  12. earlyapex

earlyapex Hardcore Simmer

I just had the best racing experience so far in AC in singleplayer!
    A 72 minute long GT3 race.

Yeah because I went to the online servers after launching the game and there was no one there. I joined a 2-11 race after seeing 5 players on server and after joining, I could see they were all prebooked places. All other servers in booking phase were empty.

So I quit and raced a custom race session another forum user posted some months ago of a 40 lap GT3 race at Imola with the player in a MP4 GT3 and the field consisting of only MP4 GT3's and Z4 GT3's.

I chose alien AI, hard tyres and a full tank of fuel was needed for 40 lap stint. I did my best lap on lap 34 and on lap 38 was only 0.090 secs slower that that. It was 0.4s quicker than the winners best lap. Tyres held up well, finished at 98% grip.

(For Developers attention)
    Aspects of the alien level AI for constructive crtiticism were they sometimes brake in areas where they should be flat on throttle always such as exit of turn 3.
    Also they sometimes brake at the apex, they don't use ABS in the GT3 cars as I could see some lockup smoke from AI and then I imagine they don't use TC either.
    I don't know what tyres they had but they seemed to be same as mine, judging by their lap times.
    They go too slow at the lowest point of aqua minerale and sometimes, it still happens when cars go over on two wheels in floating fashion at variante alte.

Failing to concede corners lost already sometimes happens too but overall a good state of race AI outside of these points.

Now I will have other races like this and wish AC to continue the development of the singleplayer experience.
    I would have wished to carry on in this race if longer, I would have needed to pit and liked to save at that point if possible in the future so I could continue my stint at a later date.
    It would be even better if I could save the race at any time but if not possible, saving at the pit stops would be an acceptable solution.
    Tyres were no where near finished so I would have pitted for fuel only and double stinted the tyres as in real GT3 racing.

This is really needed for the full single player experience when ready. Mid race saves.

Thank you Kunos.

13. mangal

mangal Hardcore Simmer

Any chance that was my GT ENDURANCE PACK on Race Department? :cool:

40 lap races gets you into interesting territory. From trying to light a cigaret on the straight, to keeping hydrated and delayed restroom visits (I guess you could [ESC] and pause, but that defeats the purpose...). An hour 10-15 is a decent stint in an Endurance race.

I've done the mediums for the long race, but you notice near the end. The hards last forever.

pmc likes this.
  14. earlyapex

earlyapex Hardcore Simmer

Ah yes, I think that was it mangal, thanks.

It's really what the cars in this game are suited for, endurance racing but the game is not yet ready to simulate a GT3 season unfortunately.
    It was so much better to have a race of 40 laps instead of the usual online affair where you have 10 mins booking followed by 20 mins qualifying. A half hour wasted before you even get to race, then the race is only 5 laps long.

Bring on the endurance season in singleplayer!

15. mangal

mangal Hardcore Simmer

I agree. With Spa, we're getting really close to being able to do a season, though. And Snoopy's Nordschleife will work until the Kunos version comes out.

I'd like to see it even more in MP. I am considering bumping my Snoopy Nordschleife server from 4 laps to 8-10...