1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Tobii Eye Tracker Support

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by Portscan86, Sep 29, 2018.

1. Portscan86

Portscan86 Rookie

Hello,

is it possible to install the Tobii Eye Tracker Support? That would be really cool.

Coanda, tjr, Msksim Sobolev and 3 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Hardware Discussions please add Tobii Support Feb 16, 2021
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Tobii Exex Jan 17, 2017
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Invisible steering wheel/driver and greyed out button Jul 23, 2023
    ACC Hardware Discussions [Suggestion] additional eye tracking hardware. Apr 27, 2023
    Bug reports Inside car super bright dashboard is eye killing Oct 4, 2022
    ACC User Interface Eyestrain due to camera movement May 7, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Where to find dash cam driver eyes values May 7, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality Pimax 8kx: Different vegetation shadow in each eye Jun 18, 2021
    ACC Virtual Reality Eye-candy Settings for 90 FPS - Quest 2 - 3080 Feb 19, 2021
    ACC Virtual Reality Display right eye VR Feb 7, 2021
    ACC Virtual Reality Two eyes on the spectator mode Jan 5, 2021
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues "Look with wheel" greyed out Aug 29, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions needs graphic options in menu. EYES TEARED UP! Jun 25, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Is it just me or are peoples eyes really hurting after even a 10m race? XBOX One X Jun 24, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Aligning eye level to horizon - best track? Jun 8, 2020

3. FlakNine

FlakNine Gamer

Yeah this would be great, and Tobii do have an Unreal SDK here: https://developer.tobii.com/consumer-eye-trackers/unreal-engine-sdk/

It's actually a decent solution for folks without triples/VR, and I found it to be pretty good in F1 2018 and PC2 where it has native support. There's also a workaround to get it working in various other titles which don't have native support (including AC, but not ACC!) by using FaceTrackNoIR.

Fingers crossed it'll come to ACC at some point. Here is it in a few other racing games:

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
    Coanda likes this.
  4. ♛ mCRM ♛

♛ mCRM ♛ Rookie

#Push

We need that :)

Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
  5. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Very neat tech & I am interested in head tracking for mirror checks. According to their demo video it suggests 16:9 & 21:9 aspect ratios. I am planning for a 49" 32:9 (2 x 27" no bezel) so I am not sure if it will work. I also wonder what the long turn health effects are; mainly on the retina for continuous use of beaming infrared...

tobbi.jpg

6. Karsten Beoulve

Karsten Beoulve Simracer

Sounded great until I read the size part... I have a 48" tv that would have benefitted a lot from this.

Coanda likes this.
  7. Coanda

Coanda Alien

*term :oops::D

Where did you read it or are you going of what I posted?

8. Karsten Beoulve

Karsten Beoulve Simracer

It's in their video, states max suggested screen sizes.

9. Coanda

Coanda Alien

same same.. bummer

10. vortex19

vortex19 Simracer

I'm struggling to see the advantages in racing games of the Tobii Eye Tracker over a conventional head tracker like TrackIR. Also, in the UK, the eye tracker costs about £150 (roughly the same as TrackIR). However, for about 10% of that price you can get excellent head tracking with Opentrack if you make the LED source yourself (or free if you use an Aruco tracker). Even if you have to buy the LED source ready-made (like TrackHat or the Delan Clip), it's still about 1/3 the price of the Tobii or TrackIR.

WardogZ and tjr like this.
  11. WardogZ

WardogZ Racer

I've often flirted over the idea of a Tobii eye tracker 4c, but bemoaned their lack of OFFICIAL support for many racing games, I use a Delan Clip+ Opentrack which is great, is head tracking of any sort even supported in ACC yet? I was a bit miffed 6 months ago to find out it wasn't :(

12. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Interesting. Is this something special about the tobii or do all head trackers beam IR at you, continuously?

AFAIK the only light that has a bad rep currently is blue one and I'm not sure if I believe the claims that it's THAT dangerous. For red or infrared light I'm not aware of any health risks. You also need to take into account the power - surely the system will work with minimum "brightness".

13. vortex19

vortex19 Simracer

The basic TrackIR beams IR at you but the other top head tracking solutions (TrackIR with a clip, FaceTrackNoIR and Opentrack) are webcams/passive receivers - you send IR to them from LEDs mounted on a clip or a hat. That said, all of the IR sources are very low power and safe to use. As I said earlier though, there are MUCH cheaper and, in my opinion, better solutions than the Tobii system.

LeDude83 likes this.
  14. Robert Dibble

Robert Dibble Rookie

15. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

https://gaming.tobii.com/product/eye-tracker-5/
    But the worst part is that sensor can be mounted only at the bottom of the monitor, area that mostly blocked by wheel in sim setups.
    https://help.tobii.com/hc/en-us/articles/210252245-Mounting-guide
    I almost pulled a trigger on that one. Well, TrackIR5 works, although requires some gadget on the head.

16. DaReaLDeviL

DaReaLDeviL Gamer

I had the Tobi eye tracker 5 here... but it just don't felt right. Also Mounting is a pain like Adrew stated. And the infrared was pulsed... and I noticed it - feel realy wired. In the end I just sent it back.

Quality of the product felt good, but you also have to give some information from you and your pc for the software to fully work (at the time I used it).

Andrew_WOT likes this.
  17. FlakNine

FlakNine Gamer

I sold my Tobii 4C when I upgraded to a 49" ultrawide - it was too big for the eye tracker to work!

FWIW, I'm now using SmoothTrack iOS app and OpenTrack for head tracking. On a technical level it works great in ACC and many other sims, but I've decided I prefer a fixed camera position for racing, I find the head movement too distracting. However I really like it in more chilled out sims like MSFS and ATS.

I'm running SmoothTrack on an iPhone XR which has a depth sensing front camera - I can't comment on how well it'll work on other phones!

18. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien