1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Too hardcore for its own good/sales?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by richard thompson, May 22, 2014.

1. Hi folks love this game its the best race sim ive played handsdown .But one things bothers me . The cars setups . I know it adds depth having to set the car up to suit your driving style , but if your no good at setups it can put a dampener on things. Case in point im ok with the m3 gt2 and love it ,got it setup up nicely and so was looking forwards to the z4 gt3 , when i first drove the z4 gt3 it felt like a slow boat :oops: and i couldnt set it up and so left it . Only a few days ago to race online did i try some setups from members i found a good one and tweaked it and now i like the z4 gt3 as opposed to before hating it lol. My point for a non sim racer will this put them off this game (thus affecting sales), should kunos have some default setups like a high speed track setup and a technical track setup and have some kind of tutorial which can help people with this issue ? :D

Backmarker likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC User Interface Shift Indication on Virtual dash on new KTM GT2 car is outlined too wide Jan 24, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Shifting Motion telemetry for Porsche GT1 is WAY too strong. Dec 23, 2023
    ACC Virtual Reality Quest 3 --> No OpenXR Tookit? Nov 15, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Ive sended this bug already to support, but I want to warn you guys too. Nov 7, 2023
    ACC Tools ACC Pit Tool Oct 4, 2023
    ACC Tools ACC / OSR Setup Tool Web App (Open-Source-Racing.com) Aug 30, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer can't connect do multiplayer , no statistics in single player too Jul 29, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions (BUG/Glitch) Feels like having too much horsepower/no backwing ! Jul 5, 2023
    ACC Tools Web-Based ACC Setup Tool for Sharing and Creating Setups May 11, 2023
    ACC Gameplay Career saved game JSON too large and lap time wrong after loading samed game or restart the match Mar 24, 2023
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Small excel tool to edit car physics Jan 15, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Screen too large Dec 31, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Assetto Corsa in VR on OpenComposite and OpenXR Toolkit Dec 2, 2022
    ACC Tools AccSetupComparator - Webbased tool for viewing and comparing setups Aug 1, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Game Crash during loading [audio device - too high bitrate] Jul 11, 2022

3. cunnu79

cunnu79 Racer

You could make leagues with all drivers with base setups...in Iracing they do similar things, they lock them to base...but who knows, maybe Kunos will provide an option for servers to lock setups to base ones...never say never...

Last edited: May 22, 2014
  4. Turk

Turk Alien

Learning setups is something I keep putting off, I know how all the settings affect the car in theory but I've never spent a day putting it all into practice. I can still do quite well at races though, I can still put up a challenge because there are a lot of people like us that don't have the time or inclination to dedicate to setups.

More important than set ups is being able to put in consistent fast laps and that's just down to practice. I think spending an hour driving around the track at speed will do you more favours than spending an hour making a set up without having a decent amount of laps under your belt.

I don't think I really need to worry about setups until I'm tempted to do a league, until then I'm happy battling it out in the mid pack, it's more fun there anyway.

Jacka likes this.
  5. cooknn

cooknn Alien

Just so you know, the default setups in these cars are the "Factory" setups - even for the race cars. Should be a pretty good baseline if you want to learn how to tweak.

6. Im not so bothered about the racing aspect its just for beginners to get the most out of the game .

7. Oh my lord wont be buying a zonda r now :eek::D

Dick Forrest likes this.
  8. cunnu79

cunnu79 Racer

Specially when you overtake a Mclaren gt3 with a Lotus gtc:p

9. Mogster

Mogster Alien

If absolute sales were the only thing Kunos were after then they'd have made a racing game or first person shooter.

I hope Kunos do provide options like locked setups, but really if you drive the road cars there's not a huge amount of tweaking that can be done.

10. cobra188d

cobra188d Gamer

I'm not great at setups either, but I don't know how many times I've started a multiplayer race in mid or back of the pack and ended up in the top three. Be consistent and you'll do well. Plus, watching the cars in front of you flying through the air in the first turn is pretty funny.... :)

Ricky Reject likes this.
  11. Here, the only change I make it is the Gear Ratio according to the Track. Apart of it, the setups are really good.

12. LeSunTzu

LeSunTzu Alien

+1 The only thing you actually need to set up is the final gear. That is easy even for a beginner.

13. mangal

mangal Hardcore Simmer

This thread is about something different than I expected from the title, actually. Setups don't make that much of a difference. I wonder more whether it is too hardcore for many casual drivers or newbies. I don't really need to win, and enjoy driving the Lotus GTC, but had a number of races with people where the differential was enormous. Like 5-10 secs/lap difference.

I am not fast by any means, and after 5-6 months of racing AC I am usually 5 secs off of RSR WR, but I am beating drivers in McL GT3 and Z4 GT3 cars online by big margins, and even wait from time to time for drivers to catch up.

I actually managed to lap a car in an 8 lap Monza race, and that was with waiting for #2...

As I said, I don't mind, I am more into the driving than winning, but could imagine it could be a bit discouraging if you're doing the best you can, and you get beat 5-10 secs a lap... Some of that is people not being able to keep it on track, but a lot of it is simply poor driving and lack of practice (I know, I was like that just a few months ago).

Starting to wonder whether some sort of match making based on hotlap times or something might not be a bad idea, so that people of somewhat equally strength are racing together. It's more fun when it is close.

14. Gavin

Gavin Rookie

If you suck at setting cars up then just download others from RSR or Racedept and try them out. You are bound to find something for each car to use as a baseline and then tweak to your style for each track. Locking cars to baseline setups wouldn't work for most cars in this game as most stock setups are awful. Take the lotus S1 for example.

15. GeraArg

GeraArg Simracer

16. Snarffu

Snarffu Racer

In my experience by the time setups are making any real difference to your pace on track you are no longer a new player.

Aryko, cooknn, GeraArg and 1 other person like this.
  17. LeSunTzu

LeSunTzu Alien

You can easily win races when you are 1 second slower than other guys. I won several against obviously faster players and lost some to obviously slower players. This is not formula 1, people make mistakes, a lot of mistakes even during short races of 5-7 laps.

With that in mind, there is little point in looking for the perfect setup that will get you 0.5 secs on a perfect lap that you will never be able to repeat during a whole race.

18. Turk

Turk Alien

The only race I won was because everyone ahead of me crashed. I was about 0.3s off their pace.

19. Shaddix

Shaddix Alien

In every game you need to setup classes/cars/whatever u can think off.
    If the playerbase doesnt want to do it, its odd from them.
    Even in CoD you need to spent little time for the classes to get the best combo out of it.
    Playing with presetted classes wont fit u 100%.

So if you dislike some work, you are wrong - bye.

20. Shrubbo

Shrubbo Simracer

I think this sums it up from my perspective.

21. Backmarker

Backmarker Racer

AC has plenty of driving assists to make cars easier to drive. you can combine those with turning down the AI so it is easier to race against them. It is not essential to know how to setup cars to enjoy the game.
    :)

Dick Forrest likes this.