1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Top Gear Test Track vs Eboladrome

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Poguinhas, Nov 26, 2016.

1. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

After watching the two episodes of TGT and playing on the Eboladrome mod, I came to an interesting conclusion: It's actually really similar to the TGTT.
    Even though it may seem like a random figure 8 circuit, the TGTT has a lot of study behind it's layout. It's created to test downforce, acceleration, decceleration, mechanical grip and cornering through different corner speeds.
    [​IMG]
    Now if you look at the Eboladrome, it's interesting how they managed to bring very similar elements to that of the Top Gear Track. I mean, the 'Isn't straight' is pretty similar to Crooner, Wilson and Bentley bends. The two last corners on each track are similar 90 degree bends, and the Old lady's house is pretty much the same as the Hammerhead.
    [​IMG]
    By playing on the Eboladrome mod, I can say for sure that it feels way more exciting than the TGTT, especially because it's narrower and the surroundings are way closer. And it's amazing how sometimes, behind that fooling around they can have some interesting 'knowledge' on their shows (Clarkson, May and Hammond, of course). The only critic I have for the Eboladrome is that it would be impossible to have a proper race on it, given the fact that it uses the same bit twice on a lap. But if there was to be a race there, I'm sure it would be quite entertaining.

Anyway. I know this is a pretty pointless thread, but I'd be interesting in seeing your opinions on the circuits, especially if we can leave the discussions about the shows in general out of it.

Rift Racer likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Controls & Peripherals ACC stopped accepting gear up control when driving Jul 25, 2021
    ACC Physics Engine stopping ang gearshift grinding Sep 16, 2018
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Crash to Desktop on Launch - UNPLUG T500 GEAR SHIFTER and DETECT DEVICE Sep 12, 2018
    Chit Chat Room A damaged gearbox can be repaired during pit stop? Nov 26, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Top Gear S24 Apr 3, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues Porsche 911 Hybrid 2015 stop hybrid systems powering in 1st/2nd gear? Nov 27, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Top Gear Speedweek Special with Chris Harris Oct 9, 2016
    Chit Chat Room The Grand Tour - New Top Gear starts Nov 18th Sep 16, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Chris Harris Drives: Bentley Continental GT3 at Spa (TopGear) Aug 26, 2016
    Chit Chat Room New top gear Chris Harris in an Alfa Giulia Aug 19, 2016
    Chit Chat Room New Top Gear discussion (s23) Jun 13, 2016
    Physics Bugs & Issues Pagani Huayra - Top Gear tyres + Understeer Feb 24, 2016
    Tracks modding Top Gear Track? Feb 19, 2016
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres Can you stop the ai from changing the final gear ratio Nov 27, 2015
    Tracks modding .fbx files for top gear test track Aug 19, 2015

3. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Well did you ever did a race on a figure 8 track? Must have huge cojones for that.:D I tried the ai in rF2, and it was a mess.:confused:
    And the Eboladrome has an ai line in AC, haven't tried it though.
    Good comparison you did here btw.

4. sacredaardvark

sacredaardvark Hardcore Simmer

Well, some people are nuts. :p

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  5. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

You need a strong death wish to do russian roulette with cars...:confused:

6. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Why are there any flag rules whatsoever? I thought wrecking is part of the game.:confused:

7. martcerv

martcerv Alien

You must be mistaken with the assumed rules of pub servers in any game. :D

8. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

?
    We are talking figure 8 racing here, don't we?
    So why are there any flag rules whatsoever?

9. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I dont think they actually want to kill people, its not a game so if someone is in real danger they would call a yellow.

arthur666 likes this.