1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Toyota motor corporation license officially revealed!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by AC Support, Aug 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 440music

440music Rookie

this is great news, thank you and I must say your efforts are most enjoyable

Tommy
    Screen Name: 440Music

2. Good news. Everytime the worst thing is about people.
    After reading a 'single' car release, for example, they always say "please, add this, add this, please, pls pls", like little children, asking about not licensed brand yet.
    -.- sad

Peter Molnar likes this.
  3. tuuliaki

tuuliaki Rookie

This is getting better and better all the time. You are quite a group indeed :))

4. cyberfred

cyberfred Gamer

very good news , I love Kunos and Assetto Corsa !!!!
    Best purchase for me !!!

5. cyberfred

cyberfred Gamer

+1000
    I hope we ll have ETA Date for this release soon !
    can't wait to drive all these Toyota !!!

6. Name User

Name User Rookie

Edit: Yes yes, not a wishlist. Just an overview of brand heritage. Resized images.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 11, 2014
  7. AC Support

AC Support Official Support Staff Member KS Dev Team

Guys, this is not a wishlist. Don't force me to remove topics, thank you.

EpicPosterGuy and Shaddix like this.
  8. Sele81

Sele81 Gamer

Where is this game heading to? Any plans you want to share with us? Any news about an driver rating system like in iRacing? Career mode? I own AC now for 5 months. As I was blown away in the first months, it gets more and more boring by time. There is nothing to do in the game (I mostly play the special events) and there are no rewards for winning or playing. At least a driver rating system would help people to stay motivated and drive clean I guess.

We only know you are working on cars and tracks. But I hope that is not all? I hope you guys from Kunos will share more with us about the future of this game.

9. finepot

finepot Racer

https://www.assettocorsa.net/features/

10. Sele81

Sele81 Gamer

So what, we all know that. I was hoping for more like driver stats/ratings and a system like in iRacing where the game picks clean racers and rates them and put them on a server and crash kiddies to other servers. We know nothing about the career mode. The screenshots of the career mode looks not so impressive. Looks like just a bunch of races and thats it.

11. A.r.e.s.

A.r.e.s. Hardcore Simmer

The game is in ALPHA. In software development, ALPHA stage is a systems implementation process. Each requirement is given a priority in terms of the software. This being a sim, the physics were definitely top of the list. Career is likely something that can be hashed out fairly quickly, and there are likely systems already in place that would allow for a more streamlined integration.

bobskype and finepot like this.
  12. Sele81

Sele81 Gamer

I know its ALPHA. My only question was, why does Kunos not share more with us? What are their plans for the future?

13. A.r.e.s.

A.r.e.s. Hardcore Simmer

They have just posted a request for beta testers. This closed beta will attempt to implement some new features. If they promise something that doesn't work up to industry standards, we will all whine and complain.Therefore they have kept the "feature" list a little bare. As well, it behooves them as a developer to keep some things in secret to help build hype just before the release. But to answer your question, they have shared with us that they are moving into Beta, which means who knows what with "new features and content". They have a plan to support this game for many years after it's release, but I'm sure even they don't really have a roadmap for the future.

Sele81 and finepot like this.
  14. Sele81

Sele81 Gamer

Ok that sounds good. Any info on how long the Beta will take? Because the V1.0 was planned to be released in September as I know but I guess that wont work out. I can´t wait for a good career mode and the Nordschleife as well. Spa is also welcome.

15. alex72

alex72 Alien

I do think they have a "road map" and plan for the future. Its just that they cant reveal it all to us because some of those planned features might not be possible to implement due to time, economy or complexity/engine friendly. They do share with us, just look at AC facebook, but they wont share every little bit they have planned because like A.r.e.s. says it will create a crap-storm if they cant get those features in when they announced them. This is standard procedure for most game developers. I worked close to a couple and this is what ive seen.

16. mms

mms Alien

Back to topic guys...there are already enough threads discussing this :eek:

17. A.r.e.s.

A.r.e.s. Hardcore Simmer

Right! Cant't wait for that SUPRA!!!

18. Blamer

Blamer Hardcore Simmer

If you want to taste a bit of Nordshleife, you can try to take a look at Nordschleife by Snoopy v1.1, I'm really enjoying it.

19. Zeną

Zeną Gamer

Oh, and now the Toyotas. But why stop here, don't be coy guys, get licences for Fords, Mazdas, Chevrolets, Aston Martins, Lambos, MGs, Dodges, and just about every frikkin' car makers on the planet. We'll wet our pants with joy. It really doesn't matter that the development of Assetto Corsa has obviously stalled. It doesn't matter that you (Kunos) have obviosuly decided not to any longer bother with those bi-weekly updates you promised. Nor does it matter that the multiplayer is still in the alpha stage, pit-stops are non-existent and if you consider making an online league on AC you really need to think twice. Who cares that the AI can still drive like crap and changeable weather condotions, something that was implemented in the sims as far back as 15 years ago is still a matter of a very vague future.

But knock yourselves out, fellas. The reception is favourable. Good news, great news, Fantastic, Kunos, we love you, awesome, great, you rule, yes, yes, yes, amazing! True, there are some moaners and whingers, but they'll get downvoted and shouted down, what do they know. I have even a better idea, currently AC is in its 0.22 iteration, why not speed up the process? It's just a tiny number, will easilly get replaced by a 0.95, or better still 1.0, the game will be finished and the critics silenced. After all, ISI have done that with rF2 and everyone is apparently delighted with this simple move, so it can't go wrong, really.

I believe I am too old for this crap. I somehow stupidly believe that if you started something, you ought to finish it. In the past, companies used to sell finished games. Now they're selling promises for games which will, wait, which may be finished well...... some time soon. If ever. That's in the nature of the development process, innit?
    Yeah. Deal with it or beat it.

20. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

[​IMG]

Now, Kunos has already got quite some licenses for a while but they just haven't announced them yet so don't think they're just licensing without a reason. (also, more licenses means they're serious about making this game so you shouldn't expect it to be some kind of never-going-to-be-finished-game.)
    And the fact that they stepped down from the bi-weekly updates isn't bad. This means that more serious things are being dealt with right now. (and they've had summer vacations also).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.