1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

TrackIR and head tracking discussion

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by KillZoneGB, Mar 9, 2018.

1. guitarwiz1

guitarwiz1 Gamer

No TrackIR = No Play...lol

Come on guys...Project Crap 2 supports TrackIR...You don't want people to think that that game is better...(do ya?) lol again

Just being able to look at where I want to go makes it that much easier to drive. Without it...I tend to over correct when I start to get loose and that makes matters worse.
    Nine times out of ten...when I get sideways...I just look towards where I want to go and I can straighten her up pretty good.

I originally purchased TrackIR for flight sims...then I discovered it could be used for racing games. From then on it was game on.
    I've always played NASCAR games and since I'm burned out on NR2K3 and iRacing...I moved on to road courses. This is where TrackIR shines the most (IMO) and I find it hard to play without it.

I'll still play the game a bit upon release, but I wont be able to get the same enjoyment out of it as other titles that supports it.

2. vortex19

vortex19 Simracer

Getting close to v1 now and still keeping my fingers crossed that TrackIR support will be there or, at the very least, an improved version of "look with wheel" which was removed earlier in EA.

LeDude83, cr4wl3r0 and Luis Branco like this.
  3. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

Just this.;)

4. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Very soon, I'm going to move my rig from the current multi-functional room to the basement. It will then be an exclusive racing simulator - no frequent back-and-forth between office and racing configuration, anymore. And I'd like to throw in a fresh gimmick for the transfer :) So here's hoping we'll be able to use IR tracking in ACC with 1.0 or soon after.

Luis Branco and cr4wl3r0 like this.
  5. warth0g

warth0g Hardcore Simmer

Quick related question - I run a very low FOV because I’m using a 49” ultra wide monitor. When I look left or right, which of course is what TrackIR would do for me, I can’t see out of the side windows or see the mirrors because it’s blocked by what I think is the “wings” of the seat, that cushions your head.

Currently TrackIR would not really work for me then, without changing the FOV which I don’t want to do. Any thoughts?

6. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

If you lean your head forwards past the cushions, it should work. AFAIK, "all" directions are being tracked with TrackIR.

Also, you could simply move the camera position forwards in the view settings.

7. warth0g

warth0g Hardcore Simmer

Good point, I forgot you could do that. It’s been a while since I used one. Thanks.

LeDude83 likes this.
  8. Jonnyfilmboy

Jonnyfilmboy Rookie

I also just got a 49" ultrawide 4k Dell monitor and this combined with TrackIR is absofreaking amazing for AC and other sims. Truly it's a VR alternative. And getting to see the gorgeous rendering of ACC with RTX is just breathtaking.

I have every finger crossed for tomorrow that TrackIR will be implemented. If not, I mean, it's a beautiful game, but I'll probably just stick with AC. I can't play without TrackIR anymore. Part of the fun is just looking around the beautifully rendered interiors of these cars. If I can't do that, eventually I just get frustrated and quit.

warth0g, Sean, ilFreddo76 and 2 others like this.
  9. Nox

Nox Racer

10. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

:(

I've submitted a support request to Natural Point to see if there is any possibility to have TrackIR working with ACC. I'll wait for a reply and what it will be.

11. Rob Stewart

Rob Stewart Rookie

Just to add my contribution - like others here I can't really drive without Trackir.

I love ACC but can only do a few laps before I get frustrated with not being able to see anything. I've been using Trackir since Grand Prix Legends days in every sim and I just can't drive without it. PLEEEEEASE!

12. mister dog

mister dog Alien

Yes, Eye tracker support please. It would help a great deal for immersion and there's many of us that use it in our sims. Please don't neglect this feature Kunos it shouldn't be hard to code especially with Edtracker just needing a couple of keybinds.

The look into corner feature works nice in 1.0 and for now that's better than nothing. I set it at 50 and the way you look towards the apex and into the corner feels quite natural. It's only when you spin that you get into trouble if you start rotating the wheel it looks into that direction as well.

cortmarshal likes this.
  13. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

But the "look with wheel" doesn't allow to make use of mirrors or check other cars around. :(
    That's also one of the strong key points of TrackIR, being able to have good awareness of car surroundings.

KillZoneGB, cr4wl3r0, tjr and 2 others like this.
  14. cortmarshal

cortmarshal Rookie

I'd just like to add another request for TrackIR support. Every other sim supports it even DR2.0 which didn't have VR at launch had perfectly working TrackIR.

The cockpit camera in ACC is so much better than AC's, but it's hard to appreciate cockpit details and look through corners like we could in the previous game.

NaturalPoint has stated that they'll look into it on their forum, because AC supported it. It would be great to have in the new game too.

KillZoneGB and viffviff99 like this.
  15. Ronald Milton

Ronald Milton Rookie

I use TrackIR in all my racing sims and ACC feels so unfinished without it. I keep coming back to see the games progress but can't stay long because there is no TrackIR.

16. JonnyHoonIt

JonnyHoonIt Rookie

Another request here for Trackir.

Tunnel vision driving isn’t a lot of fun.

KillZoneGB, SYBER1AN and cr4wl3r0 like this.
  17. cr4wl3r0

cr4wl3r0 Racer

+1

Thanks Kunos

18. viffviff99

viffviff99 Gamer

without triples or VR, ACC feels like just another 'game' on single 16:9 monitor - not a sim - which is its true USP - since you need to run much higher FOV than realistic to see into corners. Look with wheel only does so much. You should be looking into the apex before the wheel turns - difficult to do on hairpins without wide FOV. I live in hope that TrackIR/Opentrack support will come in a patch before too long. Without this, the playing experience is very frustrating = not spending much time on it. With Track support, ACC would become my 'goto' racing sim.

19. flyingpig

flyingpig Hardcore Simmer

Well, I'd love to have said a loud "Well done Kunos" for the v1.0 release, but sadly I cannot. It simply hasn't been installed for the last 3 or 4 updates, as it isn't in any way usable for me without TrackIR support.

Many of us that run racing sims will also be running flight sims, ArmA series, etc as well, and will be using TrackIR for a long, long time to come. Not supporting popular hardware that you specifically supported in your last release, either through a truly terrible choice of game engine or some other genuine reason (current OS support, etc), means you lose the support of the people who are most likely to purchase your latest release.

I bought everything all through AC dev as for me at least, they were making the best racing sim. More money coming in, more opportunities for the future. I bought ACC early, as I believed in Kunos to deliver another fantastic sim and wanted to support what they do... Very much looks like I was wrong on that.

KillZoneGB and cortmarshal like this.
  20. McGraw

McGraw Racer

I use opentrack for flightsims and would prefer it to be in ACC but I’m not letting it spoil my enjoyment.